HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 80: Preds vs. Coyotes | 7:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN |Shirts off their back night

Old
04-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
^YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

PETE WEBER AND TERRY CRISP ARE SAINTS, YOU HEAR ME, SAINTS
Terry said that there would be some changes for next year. I don't have the article handy (I think it was in the Tennessean) but he said that his wife had been ill this past year. He added that after Pete's heart attack Sheila had mentioned that there had been some things they wanted to do and that they felt like the time had come to do them. And he's 71. He said after the season was over he and the Preds would sit down and decide the next step, but he was pretty clear that he would not be on the air for every game.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:38 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Someone who can actually call a game would be nice. Grimmer is good for color commentary on TV, but not radio. He would walk all over Callahan and Daunic when he did radio.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:48 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I was really hoping we could get through the second period without allowing a shot on goal. Coyotes went over 16 minutes before they got a shot.

Happy for Rinne, his glove was working well tonight!
Congrats to him, passes Vokoun for the franchise leader in wins!!

Another finale, another non-prize winning night. You would think that after 16 years of finales I would have won even a koozie or something, but nope, no jersey, nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Agreed, though it looks like we are in the minority here.

Hate to interrupt the doom and gloom (and those hoping for a loss to hurt Dallas) in this thread, but I will comment on the game- I have to say tonight this felt like the "old" Preds when things were going better- pretty suffocating effort on D....

Team is really playing well- too bad there isn't a little extra time left in the season but good to finish on a strong note.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
^^^Yeah it's good to end the season on a good note at least and hopefully build on that for next year.
I'm right there with you guys, happy to see this team play well and get the win.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
The cold hard truth: with Pekka Rinne, this team makes the playoffs. Without him, they don't.

Anything else is just rearranging deck chairs on the HMS Titanic.
Thats what is so odd about this season, as much as we talk crap about the forwards ( and they deserve some of it), with a good performing Rinne we are in the playoffs. Its one reason I don't think we are in that bad of shape anymore. Sure we need some pieces, like we always do, but its not like we need a total rebuild like Buffalo.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:24 AM
PFL615

The coyotes played horrible last night. They had so many wide open nets but could not control a pass.
It looked just like a Predators team when they lose.

Absolute snipe by Smith. Probably the only player on the roster thay can do that.

Those bashing Smith would rather keep Spaling right?
Tell me who you could get
that is going to bring his high energy, shots, and numbers?

Looks like Horny sudden offense may make management take 2nd and 3rd looks at Trotz future.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
If this team had a legit 1st line Smith would not have 15 goals. His PP time would be reduced and he would disappear into insignificance. But as it is his 21 goals give him a false image of being a reliable forward.
Hardly. Was watching clips of the game and I could've sworn I was seeing Matt Calvert again - not a savior forward, not a major scorer, but an important member of the team who creates chances and occasionally finishes them... AND most importantly keeps the pressure on so long as he's hustling.

Don't think he's a 1st line savior, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be a vital part of this team going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
For next season, all I want is to bring the navy jerseys back.
Enh. I like the gold. The original navy-and-gray sweaters were OK, but the Edge variant thereof was g-dawful, and the all-blue third just looked fundamentally wrong to me.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
For next season, all I want is to bring the navy jerseys back.

And a playoff birth.
give me Blue/Black checkerboard or give me death

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 09:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
This

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
This
Okay!

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

This particular gold is a marketing stroke of genius. Those of you wanting the blue/black checkerboard need to compare and contrast what the ARENA (not you) looks like peopled with it and with people wearing gold. The difference is striking. I don't know how it does it, but the gold masks empty seats and makes the fan base look alive even when it isn't. It MOVES. Does the gold match my skin tone, hair color, typical clothing--no. No it doesn't. Gold makes Adzy look sallow and I am vain enough that it bothers me. I won't wear the gold t-shirts to Kroger--I put on a gray, navy or white one. But the blue third, for all it does for me, doesn't do a thing toward making this arena look lively. I wear it only for luck purposes at this point.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:13 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
This particular gold is a marketing stroke of genius. Those of you wanting the blue/black checkerboard need to compare and contrast what the ARENA (not you) looks like peopled with it and with people wearing gold. The difference is striking. I don't know how it does it, but the gold masks empty seats and makes the fan base look alive even when it isn't. It MOVES. Does the gold match my skin tone, hair color, typical clothing--no. No it doesn't. Gold makes Adzy look sallow and I am vain enough that it bothers me. I won't wear the gold t-shirts to Kroger--I put on a gray, navy or white one. But the blue third, for all it does for me, doesn't do a thing toward making this arena look lively. I wear it only for luck purposes at this point.
Agree with this completely- I have never been a fan of a team with gold/yellow and never really liked it- but with the Preds, I now love it, and couldn't agree more with the way it stands out...... I was watching an Indiana Pacers game the other night and it is the exact same effect for their home games.....

Having said that, I do still love the blue jerseys but I would not want them to switch to those full time.....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Preds33

I like the gold for a couple of reasons. The biggest one though is that it is different than any other team in the league minus the Buffalo 3rd jersey. Too many teams use the Blue/Navy colors.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 02:06 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
And you can really see them on TV. It's easy to pick out pockets of gold sweaters on TV at away arenas.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 04:38 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Agree with all of this... It is marketing genius.

But after this year there may be NO more navy to even buy to wear to the grocery store. I hit up Sports Seasons today and the pickings are slim. I'm with you, I won't wear the gold out of my house unless I'm going to a game.
If the Preds were more agreeable about just having 1 shirt, 1 pullover in Navy, I'd be more supportive of the gold. But have overheard that there may be none at all next year at the Bridge.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:23 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Okay!

Don't get me mad, I'm more violent than you.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 06:04 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

I'll have y'all know I'm wearing my black-and-blue checkerboards right now. (Thanks, Adzy.)

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote