HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Evander Kane to Dallas

Old
04-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Zrhutch

vCash: 500
Evander Kane to Dallas

I'm looking for something to distract me from the playoff race between us and Phoenix (holy hell is it stressful), and this seemed like a good place to start.

Last I heard about the Evander situation, the media was starting to stir up trouble and run him out of town after a benching/down year. It sounds eerily similar to another young stud that was traded last offseason, and I was thinking maybe Dallas can go 2/2 in that regard.

Kane would fit like a glove here. He's got speed, a hell of a shot, and fits the age group of our core really well. I feel like the change of scenery would do him good as well. We have the perfect spot for him too- 2nd line wing.

Benn-Seguin-Ritchie
Kane-FA2C-Nichushkin

Just a perfect fit. Now as far as what Winnipeg would want in return.. That's a little tough. I was thinking a good young winger to replace Kane, with Trevor Daley added in to help shore up your top 4. So it'd look like this from my point of view

Kane
Late pick

FOR

Chiasson
Daley

If I'm far off, let me know. I just feel this could be beneficial to dallas, Winnipeg, and most importantly Kane.

Zrhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:01 PM
haterbehatin

You're far off.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:04 PM
troubabooster
Bring on the saviour

Here's what we've been asking for & have received several decent proposals along this line. Definitely, you will need to sweeten the pot considerably to be in the Kane sweepstakes.
I can see Evander Kane being shopped around by Wpg this summer or at the draft with Wpg seeking a top 5 draft pick, and a couple of young/decent players/prospects.

I see NYI being ideal as a trade partner because they have good depth at LHD with an abundance of young forwards or prospects. I also think that Kane would be dynamite in NYI on a line with Tavares. Similarly with Florida, he would be an ideal young/experienced linemate for an up and coming center like Barkov

Here's the deal I would propose:

From Wpg -- Kane & RHD prospect (Redman/Postma/Clitsome)
From NYI -- Bailey/Nelson/Collberg & LHD (DeHann/Reinhart) & 2014 first

I'd also entertain offers from Florida (as they have a top 5 & appear stacked with LHD and forward prospects/young players)

troubabooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
There's no way we ship Kane to a divisional rival unless they offer crazy overpayment. This offer is nowhere near that.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Kane would require the same sort of payment for Yakupov or Letang, or any of the other high tier guys we've attempted to make proposals for.

Lock thread.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:07 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubabooster View Post
Here's what we've been asking for & have received several decent proposals along this line. Definitely, you will need to sweeten the pot considerably to be in the Kane sweepstakes.
I can see Evander Kane being shopped around by Wpg this summer or at the draft with Wpg seeking a top 5 draft pick, and a couple of young/decent players/prospects.

I see NYI being ideal as a trade partner because they have good depth at LHD with an abundance of young forwards or prospects. I also think that Kane would be dynamite in NYI on a line with Tavares. Similarly with Florida, he would be an ideal young/experienced linemate for an up and coming center like Barkov

I'd also entertain offers from Florida (as they have a top 5 & appear stacked with LHD and forward prospects/young players)
Has any Isles fan received your proposal in a positive way? Let it go already, we have no interest in trading any of Nelson, de Haan, Reinhart, or our 1st for another freaking winger when we have other more pressing needs.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Has any Isles fan received your proposal in a positive way? Let it go already, we have no interest in trading any of Nelson, de Haan, Reinhart, or our 1st for another freaking winger when we have other more pressing needs.
There is also Bailey mentioned in the same breath as Nelson. Things that make you go hmmmmm?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:58 PM
john skull

I hope Nil does go after Kane. Seems unlikely, given he said he wasn't interested in adding scoring at the deadline. But could certainly find a place for him. Don't really know if they are going to part with the kind of packages being mentioned here. High end d prospect a forward prospect and a top 5 pick seems way out of line to me. But what do I know.

john skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 01:02 PM
digdug41982

I don't think Jets fans would accept anything less than Benn or Seguin.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
There is also Bailey mentioned in the same breath as Nelson. Things that make you go hmmmmm?
Collberg too, I don't value those 3 similarly at all. Obviously Islanders management must value Collberg highly, but I honestly don't.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Riptide

Quote:

Bailey/Nelson and Collberg have vastly different trade values.

04-10-2014, 01:20 PM
BStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Bailey/Nelson and Collberg have vastly different trade values.
Not only that but I think they are overvaluing Kane.

BStinson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStinson View Post
Not only that but I think they are overvaluing Kane.
While it may be true that Jets fans overvalue E.Kane. I would argue that the Jets fans are closer to his "real" value than the fans of other teams who undervalue him.

Peter Tagli Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 01:53 PM
troubabooster
Bring on the saviour

Quote:
Yes, we have had decent proposals of this nature from several teams including the NYI. You'll never get complete buy-in from any fanbase to a trade or trade offer, but I do believe that it would take an offer of this sort for Wpg to consider trading Kane - any less, we're more than happy to keep him.

Old
04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
troubabooster
Bring on the saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Huge difference between Bailey, Nelson or Collberg Huff - simply presenting options for discussion.

Old
04-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I like how this thread immediately went to Kane to NYI.

Such a rapid derail.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 02:16 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

Quote:
Yes, we have had decent proposals of this nature from several teams including the NYI. You'll never get complete buy-in from any fanbase to a trade or trade offer, but I do believe that it would take an offer of this sort for Wpg to consider trading Kane - any less, we're more than happy to keep him.
Then keep him. Your proposal makes so little sense for the Isles, it just comes across you wanting max value (and probably more) for Kane with almost no regard for the needs of the Isles.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 02:46 PM
troubabooster
Bring on the saviour

Quote:
Then keep him. Your proposal makes so little sense for the Isles, it just comes across you wanting max value (and probably more) for Kane with almost no regard for the needs of the Isles.
That's OK, we're more than cool with keeping him unless we get real good trade value. As I pointed out in the initial post & others from your fanbase have concurred, he would look dynamite on Tavares' wing going forward. You won't get a power forward his age and goal scoring ability for a song, but you'll never get everyone to agree on any trade proposal - that's the nature of the beast.

Old
04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

Evander Kane to Dallas and we're talking about the Islanders...

I think Daley+Chiasson is a decent starting point. Would need to throw in a prospect and pick.

I don't know if I really want him, but it would most likely take something like...

To

Evander Kane

To

Trevor Daley
Alex Chiasson
Emil Molin/Matej Stransky
2014 1st

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:02 PM
blinkman360
Norris

I don't see why the Islanders would be interested. Even if the price was reasonable, they have much more pressing needs. From everything I'm reading though, the price seems far from reasonable.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:14 PM
tucker22*

I would suggest this. Dallas fans know Seguins value. Pretend Seguin was a member of the Jets and you were offering something of far value from Dallas to get him. What would you give up? I think this would be close to what the Jets would want for Kane.

tucker22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post

I think Daley+Chiasson is a decent starting point. Would need to throw in a prospect and pick.

I don't know if I really want him, but it would most likely take something like...

To

Evander Kane

To

Trevor Daley
Alex Chiasson
2014 1st
I'd rather have Kane.

Not trolling Dallas, but I don't see a fit at all. Looks like a bad trading partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I don't see why the Islanders would be interested. Even if the price was reasonable, they have much more pressing needs. From everything I'm reading though, the price seems far from reasonable.
I think the Islanders became the location du jour thanks that HF's favorite blogger Eklund.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:21 PM
EpicGingy

vCash: 2192
Last thing the Jets need is to trade Kane while his value is at an all-time low and see him have a bounce back season, let alone on to a divisional rival.

I don't think our two teams are ideal trading partners anyway. Dallas is trying to add the final pieces to be a cup contender and most likely wouldn't be willing to give up the assets Chevy wants.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:25 PM
troubabooster
Bring on the saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post

To

Evander Kane

To

Trevor Daley
Alex Chiasson
2014 1st
Not really knowing these players, fill me in on why you think Daley & Chiasson would qualify as centerpieces to a trade of this nature. Looking at the prospects you've listed (none spectacular; third in depth at their position) and the first rounder being middle of the pack, we would need some pretty decent pieces thrown in there somewhere and I don't see that in what you've proposed here

Old
04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
OwenFully

I see his value as slightly less than Seguin's last year. That being a 2nd line winger, NHL ready D with top 4 potential/NHL ready forward with top six potential/NHL ready goalie with starter potential and a 1st or 2nd.

From Dallas maybe:
Chiasson
Campbell/Oleksiak
1st

for Kane and a 3rd

OwenFully is offline   Reply With Quote