HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrick Kane

Old
04-10-2014, 10:57 PM
thesaadfather

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I don't think Kane is worth McDavid or Eichel. They are younger and Buffalo is building around youth, not star wingers turning 30 and sure to demand $7+
Kane is a proven top ten forward, he has much more value than any prospect. Also, Kane is 25 right now, not 30. Most teams with the cap space wouldn't hesitate to give him 8 million+ a year, Buffalo included.

thesaadfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Mr Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanTheGinge View Post
The point isnt to trade McDavid for him, the point is to go after him on July 1st....
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish assassin View Post
Some people are completely failing to see this...
Lol. Thank you.

But I guess nobody else sees the possibility of Kane testing the free agent market in 2015.

I just feel that he will want more than the probable ~$8.5M that Chicago will offer to both him and Toews.

Mr Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Mr Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaadfather View Post
Kane is a proven top ten forward, he has much more value than any prospect. Also, Kane is 25 right now, not 30. Most teams with the cap space wouldn't hesitate to give him 8 million+ a year, Buffalo included.
I believe that Patty Kane in a bidding war could get upwards of $11M a year on a 7 year deal.

Old
04-10-2014, 11:26 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaadfather View Post
I said Kane is a star, I don't think I need to explain any further on how much I think Kanes value is...

that said, again, McDavid, Eichel are viewed as generational prospects, like Crosby and Malkin. AND buffalo may want to build young, and not have a upper 20's y/o winger.

Makes no sense to trade anything for Buffalo if we are talking the price of McDavid, Eichel.

Buffalo would benefit a million times more with McDavid, Eichel rather than Kane if we are projecting the next 15 years. (more than likely)

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

$27,625,000 I think

04-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Devils Army
Severson.

Quote:
I don't think Kane is worth McDavid or Eichel. They are younger and Buffalo is building around youth, not star wingers turning 30 and sure to demand $7+
Whaaaat?

I think it would take something like

Grigerenko, Girgesons, 2014 1st, 2014 2nd

Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Quote:
Kane's turning 25 I believe and will likely demand 8mil, but I agree its not worth trading 2 amazing prospects for him.

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:35 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Army View Post
Whaaaat?

I think it would take something like

Grigerenko, Girgesons, 2014 1st, 2014 2nd
that may be but why would Buffalo do it.

seriously think before you post guys.

Buffalo is building for the future, how does adding Kane and trading youth help them win anytime soon?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-10-2014, 11:37 PM
LordFletcher

I was wrong about Kane's age, I thought he was 2 years older, as in turning 28 this year, not 26. born 88

Old
04-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Djp

Buffalo will not mortgage their future to trade for Kane. they will just wait until July 2015 for him to become a UFa and get him for free.

They will not be trading this years 1st nor would they trade their highest pick in 2015 (likely top 5).

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:12 AM
DFC

If ever there was a team that shouldn't break up their core until they absolutely have to, it's the Chicago Blackhawks.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
WarriorofTime

Kane may sign with buffalo when he's 35. Right now people really think he's going to leave a team that can compete for cups to join a rebuilding team? Some of you guys sound like leaf fans who think every Ontario born player is just biding their time until they get a chance to sign in Toronto.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Hawkscap

Kane won't be available unless Kane wants to leave. The Hawks are going to find themselves in a cap bind after they sign Toews and Kane. You might not get Kane but Leddy Oduya Bickell and Versteeg might be on the trade block. One of those might have to be traded this summer in order to get under next year's cap.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Murphy 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
if ever there was a team that shouldn't break up their core until they absolutely have to, it's the chicago blackhawks.
thank you

Murphy 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:17 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Buffalo will not mortgage their future to trade for Kane. they will just wait until July 2015 for him to become a UFa and get him for free.

They will not be trading this years 1st nor would they trade their highest pick in 2015 (likely top 5).
How will you do that when the Hawks extend him?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:22 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkscap View Post
Kane won't be available unless Kane wants to leave. The Hawks are going to find themselves in a cap bind after they sign Toews and Kane. You might not get Kane but Leddy Oduya Bickell and Versteeg might be on the trade block. One of those might have to be traded this summer in order to get under next year's cap.
Oduya and Steeger will be expired by then.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:27 PM
KirkAlbuquerque

people on this site overvalue prospects so much. Who's to say McDavid pans out to be the next Crosby? Sure its possible, but Kane is a proven superstar, a winner, proven in the playoffs, and he's only 25, hasn't even hit his prime yet.

KirkAlbuquerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:51 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Anyone that honestly thinks that Kane who is just entering the prime of his career is going to leave the perennial cup contender that he plays for to play on the worst team in the league is delusional. Same thing with anyone who says the same thing about Toews.

Bowman is one of the best GM's in the game and he's a salary cap wizard. He's going to find a way to keep both of them in Chicago for a long, long time.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:52 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkAlbuquerque View Post
people on this site overvalue prospects so much. Who's to say McDavid pans out to be the next Crosby? Sure its possible, but Kane is a proven superstar, a winner, proven in the playoffs, and he's only 25, hasn't even hit his prime yet.
prospects are usually over hyped yes, but next years draft is to be much like 2004 with Ovechkin / Malkin.

and prime is just as much over used as any other word. If a superstar dominates the league at a young age, that is possibly his prime years. Older you get, more injuries, possibly your game doesn't go to another level. Who knows. Look at Crosby for a "prime" example.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:54 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Anyone that honestly thinks that Kane who is just entering the prime of his career is going to leave the perennial cup contender that he plays for to play on the worst team in the league is delusional. Same thing with anyone who says the same thing about Toews.

Bowman is one of the best GM's in the game and he's a salary cap wizard. He's going to find a way to keep both of them in Chicago for a long, long time.
personally Bowman inherited a great job. Yes he has done well but its really hard to evaluate how elite he is. Its not like he built the current hawks team from the ground up.

as for being a cap wizard, he failed to bring his magic while negotiating a deal with Crawford. brutal!

Old
04-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Mr Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post

You don't need to be a salary cap wizard. Kane knows that his next contract offer from the Blackhawks should be no less than $9Mx8y ($72M total), and then it comes down to his willingness to stay on the team that drafted him and take a hometown discount, or hit the open market and get the same total $, or more. The NHL has never seen this scenario before.

Old
04-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getcha Dion View Post
I believe that Patty Kane in a bidding war could get upwards of $11M a year on a 7 year deal.
You can have Kane if he costs 11mil.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Curufinwe

I think Kane and Toews will both sign 8 year $70 million deals to stay in Chicago.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Mr Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
You can have Kane if he costs 11mil.
There's probably upwards of 6-8 teams that would give Kane's agent a blank cheque for them to fill in the numbers if he becomes UFA.

Old
04-11-2014, 02:40 PM
tony d
The Future

I doubt Kane gets traded but if he did a team better be prepared to offer up a top 6 forward, 2 top tier prospects and a couple 1st round picks.