HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Thu., Apr. 10, 2014| Flyers 2 at Lightning 4

Old
04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Hartnell's an idiot, don't put him anywhere near Read and Couturier. I don't want Downie there either but you don't swap idiots, you get rid of both.
Hartnell is actually far, far better defensively than Downie; even when Hartnell is sucking he manages to play decently in his own end. That could work out.

04-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Funf

vCash: 500
To me, I wouldn't want to split up Coots & Read just because of how important Read is to the transition on that line. He plays the puck on the half wall better than any other player we have right now. I think you'd see that line stuck in the defensive zone a good bit more if it weren't for him. I'd agree that Hartnell isn't as bad defensively as a lot of people make him out to be, but he doesn't compare to Read.

Schenn has looked much better on the RW, so as far as putting him with G, we'd probably have to move Voracek to another line, or have him switch sides. I'm not totally opposed to trying Jake at LW - I think even Berube talked about it earlier in the year.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Curufinwe

When has Schenn played RW?

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
When has Schenn played RW?
The other night I think he did, didn't he? I think he also did at the beginning of the year. It was a short sample size, but I'd just like to see it again.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Hartnell is actually far, far better defensively than Downie; even when Hartnell is sucking he manages to play decently in his own end. That could work out.
I don't trust him for a single second. He does just as much if not more stupid things than Downie does. I'm sick of him ****ing things up constantly and then seeing people defend him because he scores occasionally, meanwhile in the long stretches in between goals he's ruining far more chances. Every player screws up, but he does it so consistently and blatantly that it's infuriating, he doesn't deserve to be on that line at all and should have been taken off months ago. If Giroux can make him look decent then I have faith in anyone else who gets put there.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:09 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
A broken stick is better defensively than Downie... he really has been absolutely horrible since that injury.

Really help they let him walk.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:20 PM
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
A broken stick is better defensively than Downie... he really has been absolutely horrible since that injury.

Really help they let him walk.
Agreed, he never really recovered.

What a shame.

chupanibre is online now   Reply With Quote