HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down

Old
04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure they are giving him the Subban treatment. They want him to become a complete player who has paid his dues. I love Brolieu, would take him over Murray and Bouillon, but i can't be against letting him developpe well la Red Wings.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
[/B]

This. I usually don't mind playing veterans in the playoffs but having both Bouillon & Murray in the lineup vs TB is the wrong way to go. Murray is a great PKer but that's about it. TB is very speedy and a 3rd pairing of Weaver & Beaulieu would be perfect imo.
Oh I agree. I think management is stupid in playing Murray and Bouillon. I mean really, what the heck are they thinking? Those two guys are just horrible.
But I've been saying it all year, Beaulieu and Tinordi should be here over them. I understand with them starting the year down in AHL, but they should be regulars on our team by now considering the crap veterans we have in Bou-Mur.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:30 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Oh I agree. I think management is stupid in playing Murray and Bouillon. I mean really, what the heck are they thinking? Those two guys are just horrible.
But I've been saying it all year, Beaulieu and Tinordi should be here over them. I understand with them starting the year down in AHL, but they should be regulars on our team by now considering the crap veterans we have in Bou-Mur.
But then, would you be okay with this lineup?

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver

There is a chance that Beaulieu was simply sent down to have top ice-time in the last 3 AHL games and would be back in the "Depth" fold for defensemen during the playoffs. It seems like MT likes Tinordi more than Beaulieu in the lineup which has put Beaulieu in the "yo-yo" mode all year.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
But then, would you be okay with this lineup?

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver

There is a chance that Beaulieu was simply sent down to have top ice-time in the last 3 AHL games and would be back in the "Depth" fold for defensemen during the playoffs. It seems like MT likes Tinordi more than Beaulieu in the lineup which has put Beaulieu in the "yo-yo" mode all year.
Ya I'm fine with that line up. It's clear that if Murray is out, they want a big body in there so Tinordi gets the call.

Old
04-11-2014, 03:50 PM
RIPFORUMRDS

vCash: 800
To everyone who quoted me!

First, thanks for taking time for me , i love a good '' debate ''. Secondly, i wont say therrien suck but i too sometime question his decision. I never wrote that he should won the jack adams, btw.

Bouillon and Murray arent terrible for me. They are limited player that can be good in certain aspect of the game. Do we need bouillon AND murray every game? NOPE, not for me. I feel like i need to repeat myself on this, i want beaulieu in against tampa. While im at it, i think beaulieu is confident , but what i see as confidence, someone else can see it as too much confident or too arrogant. Its a perspective thingy, right?

''Do we really need inside info here though? We don't need to be an insider to see that Murray is playing way more than he should or that Bouillion is playing on the PP. Those are inexplicable decisions. And yet he keeps doing it''

I meant, does he have inside info on how beaulieu is acting. Myself im questionning why does frankie and murray are playing that much. Bouillon with subban was weird to see. Wondering what pk was thinking rofl.

A poster mentionned maybe its just that MT prefer experience and it could be that. Wouldnt shock me.

RIPFORUMRDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPFORUMRDS View Post
To everyone who quoted me!

First, thanks for taking time for me , i love a good '' debate ''. Secondly, i wont say therrien suck but i too sometime question his decision. I never wrote that he should won the jack adams, btw.

Bouillon and Murray arent terrible for me. They are limited player that can be good in certain aspect of the game. Do we need bouillon AND murray every game? NOPE, not for me. I feel like i need to repeat myself on this, i want beaulieu in against tampa. While im at it, i think beaulieu is confident , but what i see as confidence, someone else can see it as too much confident or too arrogant. Its a perspective thingy, right?

''Do we really need inside info here though? We don't need to be an insider to see that Murray is playing way more than he should or that Bouillion is playing on the PP. Those are inexplicable decisions. And yet he keeps doing it''

I meant, does he have inside info on how beaulieu is acting. Myself im questionning why does frankie and murray are playing that much. Bouillon with subban was weird to see. Wondering what pk was thinking rofl.

A poster mentionned maybe its just that MT prefer experience and it could be that. Wouldnt shock me.
I think that's what it is. He genuinely thinks that those guys are better players because they're more experienced. Like I said, MT is an idiot.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:07 PM
RIPFORUMRDS

vCash: 800
Out of curiosity Lafleurs Guy. Who are your D against tampa?

RIPFORUMRDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:07 PM
BrimStone64

There is something underneath why they keep sending him down. We don't know what it is , but we do know Beaulieu's play doesn't match his demotions

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Coaches and GM's are experience centred. Fans here on this board are youth centred. Not understandnig this leads to comments like "MT is an idiot".

Like it or not young players earn jobs only when another player leaves the team, gets injured, or obviously play themselves out of a job. I don't see anything obvious to rush Beaulieu.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Coaches and GM's are experience centred. Fans here on this board are youth centred. Not understandnig this leads to comments like "MT is an idiot".

Like it or not young players earn jobs only when another player leaves the team, gets injured, or obviously play themselves out of a job. I don't see anything obvious to rush Beaulieu.
Has nothing to do with this. Has everything to do with playing better players over worse ones. And we wouldn't be "rushing" Beaulieu either. Anybody in his right mind should be able to see that he's better than either Murray or Cube.

Nobody is talking about bringing up some rookie for the sake of it.

Old
04-11-2014, 04:19 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:

Youth centred a bit, sure. It's a site based on hockey prospects. But most of the *****ing seems to be results centred. And if Bouillon and Murray haven't played themselves out of a job yet, we're watching different teams.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:24 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPFORUMRDS View Post
Nope, you are wrong. According to all the gms in this post, hes not playing because MT want the habs to be bad.

Still according to the coaches and gms in this post, 90% of the habs line up is playing under what they could because MT is the coach. It has nothing to do with the player in question, its all MT fault.

90% of the stats on the net are made up. Wondering if they will understand what im doing.

ps: I used to be a big fan of FF. L'amour du risque. classic.
With Nate and Tinner we have a better team. Therrien is an old school coach. That's why he's doing this. There's good and bad to any risks. He thinks vets are the way to go because of hockey sense. I think Beaulieu and Tinordi are better because of speed and intangibles and talent; + the experience they can gain.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 04-11-2014 at 04:29 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Has nothing to do with this. Has everything to do with playing better players over worse ones. And we wouldn't be "rushing" Beaulieu either. Anybody in his right mind should be able to see that he's better than either Murray or Cube.

Nobody is talking about bringing up some rookie for the sake of it.
The team has 9 defenseman, who you sending down?

Old
04-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Youth centred a bit, sure. It's a site based on hockey prospects. But most of the *****ing seems to be results centred. And if Bouillon and Murray haven't played themselves out of a job yet, we're watching different teams.
There's 9 defenseman, it's either him or Tinordi going back to Hamilton , right?
I think this is roster management, not a statement about NB's abilities or attitude.

Old
04-11-2014, 04:38 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
There's 9 defenseman, it's either him or Tinordi going back to Hamilton , right?
I think this is roster management, not a statement about NB's abilities or attitude.
It's not the good time to send him down. He's been rolling the roller coaster all season long and the guy is a winner and obviously a bad loser. I guess that's what they want to fix, there's no other explanation, because Beaulieu IS our 3rd best Dman.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:47 PM
aceunlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'm pretty sure they are giving him the Subban treatment. They want him to become a complete player who has paid his dues. I love Brolieu, would take him over Murray and Bouillon, but i can't be against letting him developpe well la Red Wings.
So we can expect him to regress, and be a life long AHLer until MT is fired.

aceunlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:49 PM
aceunlock

Quote:
The team has 9 defenseman, who you sending down?
Subban - Georges
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Weaver
Tinordi

Bouillon and Murray benched forever.
If we come to play the Bruins, put Murray instead of Beaulieu.

aceunlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Why would you choose either Cube or Murray over Beaulieu? Hell, why Tinordi over Beaulieu for that matter?

Neither of Bouillion or Murray should be in the NHL at this stage man. This isn't a hard choice. Send one or both of them away... should've done that a long time ago. Instead we play Murray more than Subban lately and Cube on the PP. They are two of the worst blueliners in the league.

You are the one with a lack of understanding here. Having either one of these guys over Beaulieu is idiotic. There's simply no reason to do it.

Old
04-11-2014, 04:59 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
Subban - Georges
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Weaver
Tinordi

Bouillon and Murray benched forever.
If we come to play the Bruins, put Murray instead of Beaulieu.
I'd actually rather try to beat the Bruins by puck possession instead of getting dominated when he's on the ice and trying to set a physical tone.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Johnny Budwick

Quote:

I don't see any obvious argument to put scrubs like Bouillon/Murray regularly in the lineup at the expense of a young talented blueliner, while inexperienced, can definitely help to minimize Montreal's lack of mobility/speed on D, and can provide puck skills/transition game. And what Bouillon did to earn icetime? He's a finished veteran who gets to play because his coach prefers to trust the same old scrubs who commit the same old mistakes. So predictable, at least with Beaulieu there's upside.

Beaulieu, unlike Murray/Bouillon won't be victim of the lethal high-speed forecheck Tampa game. Beaulieu has specific skills to help the Habs slay TB. He's mobile enough, quick enough, skilled with the puck enough to negate their relentless forecheck, can relaunch the D to O transition/breakout smoothly, and he's positionally sound enough, despite his inexperience to make interceptions in the neutral zone and engineer quick counter attacks and 2/3 vs 1.

Aside from Subban and Markov, no D can make offensive zone entries as well as Beaulieu. The limited sample of his play showed us a glimpse of his talent and capability.

Johnny Budwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Keep the best ones here. It really doesn't matter how old they are. This shouldn't even be a discussion really. We are purposely making our team worse. It's senseless. It's not like Beaulieu and Tinordi have shown that they are still too far away from the NHL to be regulars and so would benefit more from more time in the AHL.
Beaulieu and Tinordi are ready for the NHL. They will make mistakes and learn, but they don't have much to gain from being in the AHL anymore.

Old
04-11-2014, 06:54 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Why do they need to go back to hamilton at all? You're pretty much just burning a callup for no reason. Even if Murray and Bouillon are benched for the playoffs, if an injury occurs, I'm really glad I have beaulieu there. They won't be able to claim it as an emergency call-up, since they'll have other people to fill in. So we'll be ****ed into playing ****** defensemen.

They also just burnt another call-up in blunden.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:54 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I disagree that Tinordi is NHL ready. His decision making and his ability to gauge his gap and the speed of his opposition are still extreme works in progress.

Beaulieu is NHL ready. He's the 5th best D on the team currently. Having him on the roster makes our defense better, we direct more shots on net, we receive less shots against and our break out is insanely better. Our PP is also more effective with him on the point on the 2nd wave.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I disagree that Tinordi is NHL ready. His decision making and his ability to gauge his gap and the speed of his opposition are still extreme works in progress.

Beaulieu is NHL ready. He's the 5th best D on the team currently. Having him on the roster makes our defense better, we direct more shots on net, we receive less shots against and our break out is insanely better. Our PP is also more effective with him on the point on the 2nd wave.
He will not learn how to gauge the speed of his NHL opponents better by playing in the AHL. He has his flaws and needs to improve them, but I don't think he's got much to benefit from by playing in the AHL.

Old
04-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

This.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote