HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who is Edler's forward equivalent in a 1 for 1 trade?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2014, 11:56 AM
  #51
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B3ast View Post
No way is Van taking Semins or Weiss contract. Even if it was Semin for Edler one for one.
And the other teams would probably say the same for Edlers contract.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 11:57 AM
  #52
Epimetheus
Registered User
 
Epimetheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Japan
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
I think he'll regain his flow if we fire Torts and he stays healthy.

Epimetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:03 PM
  #53
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
From Columbus I'd say someone like Foligno would be a comparable in value.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:06 PM
  #54
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
I think it's somewhere between Simmonds and Voracek

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:16 PM
  #55
deckercky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,664
vCash: 500
Something around Semin for Edler seems like a worthwhile framework to me.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:17 PM
  #56
The B3ast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
And the other teams would probably say the same for Edlers contract.
5M for a top 4 D???

The B3ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:17 PM
  #57
edbrubaker*
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Jiri Tlusty

edbrubaker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:18 PM
  #58
VanTampaFan
Registered User
 
VanTampaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Loui Eriksson. Literally haha.

Both Swedish. Signed to good contracts and have had down years.

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:20 PM
  #59
Phantom Misconduct
Registered User
 
Phantom Misconduct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Edler plays great with Tanev but for some reason our last two coaches have been hell bent on playing him with Bieksa and Garrison who have proved time and time again that they are a disaster together.

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Weber
Stanton

Would make much more sense but never seems to happen.

Phantom Misconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:34 PM
  #60
deckercky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Misconduct View Post
Edler plays great with Tanev but for some reason our last two coaches have been hell bent on playing him with Bieksa and Garrison who have proved time and time again that they are a disaster together.

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Weber
Stanton

Would make much more sense but never seems to happen.
Everyone plays great with Tanev (not that I disagree with playing Elder - Tanev).

Swap Stanton and Weber and that's my ideal lineup for the current Canucks D. If Corrado makes the team, he could steal the 6th spot and play with Garrison too.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:56 PM
  #61
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
The pairing of Edler and Ehrhoff was very deadly when they both played here.

I think a lot of this has to do with Torts playing a dump/chase type game and not utilizing the mobility on his back end.

If you could trade for Edler, and sign a guy like Dan Boyle in one off season, it would do wonders for a teams D-Core.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:00 PM
  #62
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTampaFan View Post
Loui Eriksson. Literally haha.

Both Swedish. Signed to good contracts and have had down years.
I would do this. Both guys have had down years, similar age.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:18 PM
  #63
arshonagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Edler loses a lot of coin tosses
It's pretty ridiculous the team stats when he is on the ice are so different from the other defensemen when at least one other defenseman has to be on the ice with him.

arshonagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:24 PM
  #64
nucks94
Registered User
 
nucks94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaRider View Post
The main reason for Edler's atrocious season can be due to the fact that he has been paired with D that do not compliment his game.

There is a reason that since Salo and Ehrhoff left, he has been like a fish out of water. Edler plays a certain role EXTREMELY well, and the last two years the team has been trying to have him play both roles. Vancouver didn't bring in the right type of players that compliment Edler's style. Garrison and Tanev are not the right partners for him.

When you pair him with a puck mover/PP QB/faster skating D-man, he turns that pairing into one of the best pairings in the league.
He's still solid, I don't buy that his injuries are hindering him that much because he still throws big hits. Put him in the right situation, let's say with Letang/Karlsson/Ehrhoff/Fowler etc. and he will flourish once again.
I couldn't agree more. His partner needs to be able to skate with excellent vision and most importantly patience. Far too many times sice Erhoff's departure have I seen Edler hesitant almost in his break outs like he's not confident in his parters. I think there was talk Mike Green was on the block in Washington (according to HF) but this would be a good offensive pairing I feel. I would worry about them in their own zone if they were to be a pairing however.

nucks94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:25 PM
  #65
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
I think it's somewhere between Simmonds and Voracek
I honestly wouldn't trade either of those two for Edler even if you included your 1st.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:23 PM
  #66
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin
 
zombiekopitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Best Coast
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 100
Wingels, Irwin for Edler

Wingels is Higgins on steroids. Irwin sucks but so does Edler

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:27 PM
  #67
CanucksSayEh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
Torts has nothing to do with it, he tried to let Edler become who he should be, but he just isn't good enough. Was terrible for AV too so...

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:28 PM
  #68
arshonagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks94 View Post
I couldn't agree more. His partner needs to be able to skate with excellent vision and most importantly patience. Far too many times sice Erhoff's departure have I seen Edler hesitant almost in his break outs like he's not confident in his parters. I think there was talk Mike Green was on the block in Washington (according to HF) but this would be a good offensive pairing I feel. I would worry about them in their own zone if they were to be a pairing however.
See a swap of Garrison+ for Green to me makes sense. I just doubt Garrison waives, but it would balance both teams defense as far as LHD/RHD, and gives Washington a steadier d-man in his own zone. Either that or Garrison for Orlov would make some sense, not sure what would need to b added on either side for cap or value for that though.

arshonagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:34 PM
  #69
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I honestly wouldn't trade either of those two for Edler even if you included your 1st.
unless it was 2015

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:35 PM
  #70
Vesa Awesaka
PuempeltoBorotoAndy
 
Vesa Awesaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Pas
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 64
Milan Michalek if he didnt have injuries

Vesa Awesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:36 PM
  #71
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Purcell, Johansson, Staal, Lecavalier, Read, Lupul, Hartnell, Franzen...Gagner...

Well at least there is some appeal there. Purcell, Staal (if that is Carolina's offer), Lupul or Hartnell I'd consider, the rest I think we lose 1 for 1.

If Kadri was on the table, I'd be all over that. He's on the table for Tanev, who I really insist we not move at this stage, but this would be the first I've heard of an Edler-Kadri swap, which makes me inclined to believe it's a fellow Canucks fan bringing that up.

Ditto Evander Kane, but let's be real, Winnipeg fans said no to Edler+++++, so something tells me that wasn't a Jet's fan proposing that.
Read is a lot better than Hartnell. I don't think you will find a Flyers fan that doesn't agree with me.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:39 PM
  #72
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,748
vCash: 500
Sam Gagner.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:46 PM
  #73
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
And the other teams would probably say the same for Edlers contract.
Yeah Weiss and Edler pretty much have the exact same contracts, Weiss would have 4 years left at $4.9 million and Edler has 5 years left at $5.0 Million and they're both Injury prone players Detroit might have to add a little but shouldn't be too much.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:05 PM
  #74
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaRider View Post
The main reason for Edler's atrocious season can be due to the fact that he has been paired with D that do not compliment his game.

There is a reason that since Salo and Ehrhoff left, he has been like a fish out of water. Edler plays a certain role EXTREMELY well, and the last two years the team has been trying to have him play both roles. Vancouver didn't bring in the right type of players that compliment Edler's style. Garrison and Tanev are not the right partners for him.

When you pair him with a puck mover/PP QB/faster skating D-man, he turns that pairing into one of the best pairings in the league.

He's still solid, I don't buy that his injuries are hindering him that much because he still throws big hits. Put him in the right situation, let's say with Letang/Karlsson/Ehrhoff/Fowler etc. and he will flourish once again.
Yes. I want him to play with Trouba so damn bad. He needs a puck mover to play with. I pray Winnipeg picks him up if Vancouver messes up and trades him while his value is low. If he'd waive his NTC to come here that is.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:32 PM
  #75
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
tomas flieschman

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.