HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

HFFHL Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2014, 04:33 PM
  #51
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
Was hoping to get EK, but not upset about Benn.

NYR89 is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 04:34 PM
  #52
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Was hoping to get EK, but not upset about Benn.
Wow, great pick there, gotta love Benn's game in this format

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 04:37 PM
  #53
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
I think Toews is a categories monster in this format. G, A, +/-, FOW, TOI.


You guys are just lucky that intangibles isn't a category
It was either Getzlaf or Toews but Getzlaf cover more stats.

Toews - win Face off, +/-
Getzlaf- G,A,Hits,Blk

If we were playing with Cap hit then Toews might become the front runner.

TheNudge is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 05:28 PM
  #54
Dr John Carlson
Light is all over us
 
Dr John Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 50
I gave Mackinnon some serious thought at 6.

Dr John Carlson is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 05:37 PM
  #55
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
I also thought about him but I don't ever think he'll be a beast as Getzlaf in such a league.

The kid doesn't hit or block much and then is +/- won't ever be bad but on Colorado can either be good or near the 0. I just felt a guy like Getzlaf was better but I agree Nathan M is a top 20 pick in such a league since the kid will be a beast on the offensive part like Shot,G, PPP,A and soo on.


Just my opinion.

TheNudge is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 05:53 PM
  #56
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
The thing you guys don't understand is that its hard to find good goal scorers or playmakers, but I can pick up some troll that will hit people, get PIM's, block shots, and win face offs in round 20

Thanks for Mack guys!

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:01 PM
  #57
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
The thing you guys don't understand is that its hard to find good goal scorers or playmakers, but I can pick up some troll that will hit people, get PIM's, block shots, and win face offs in round 20

Thanks for Mack guys!
I think it's wayyyyy too early for Mack, but everyone has different opinions. He could be a solid player. It'll be great to see him moving forward

NYR89 is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:15 PM
  #58
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
I think it's wayyyyy too early for Mack, but everyone has different opinions. He could be a solid player. It'll be great to see him moving forward
Watching him play is very exciting! He kind of has the Kane Factor, every time he touches the puck I scream NOOOO!

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:16 PM
  #59
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 27,036
vCash: 500
Was gonna snag Benn with my pick, but nooo, he gets taken right before.


LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:39 PM
  #60
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Reunited In Columbus!


CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:40 PM
  #61
Aela*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I wanted Mackinnon so bad. Was going to trade up but thought I could snag him with my next pick

Aela* is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:40 PM
  #62
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
The thing you guys don't understand is that its hard to find good goal scorers or playmakers, but I can pick up some troll that will hit people, get PIM's, block shots, and win face offs in round 20

Thanks for Mack guys!
You'll always find some guys that can hit,get PIM or even win face off but never all at once in the 20th round. Also What the hell are you thinking of grabbing Drouin at 16th overall. The kid as mad skill but will he translate it to the NHL ? I'm not sure, I regret trading my 1st for 2nd + to pick up Drouin. He's be a heck of a player in Junior but might be too soft for the nhl. I hope your right but either it s way too early for him when you can grab a sure thing like Kopi and many others that I won't name.


Good luck buddy.

TheNudge is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:43 PM
  #63
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
You'll always find some guys that can hit,get PIM or even win face off but never all at once in the 20th round. Also What the hell are you thinking of grabbing Drouin at 16th overall. The kid as mad skill but will he translate it to the NHL ? I'm not sure, I regret trading my 1st for 2nd + to pick up Drouin. He's be a heck of a player in Junior but might be too soft for the nhl. I hope your right but either it s way too early for him when you can grab a sure thing like Kopi and many others that I won't name.


Good luck buddy.

Your right, big gamble, huge upside, he's the Canadian Patty Kane

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 06:58 PM
  #64
VanIslander
Don't waste my time
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24,425
vCash: 500
A Review of Round 1 Picks:



Crosby was a no-brainer at first overall, and will be unparallelled if healthy.
Getzlaf brings so many dimensions that there's no way he would have made it out of the first round.
And Toews is entering the last year of his contract so ought to have a career year. All three unquestionably great picks where they went in the opening round.



Ovechkin at third overall is a question mark with rumours of a KHL move (a la Kovy), though he'll get you goals and shots if he plays in the NHL; still not the sort of platinum pick one expects of such a high draft position.
Hall as a mid first rounder is a bit of a stretch, especially from wing, without face-offs and having a pretty assured awful plus-minus to continue unless the team does a one eighty.
Weber is awesome and brings intangibles to a real-life team but it's hard to think a defenseman a worthy first rounder in this fantasy game unless you expect gaudy offensive numbers.

VanIslander is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 07:00 PM
  #65
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
A Review of Round 1 Picks:



Crosby was a no-brainer at first overall, and will be unparallelled if healthy.
Getzlaf brings so many dimensions that there's no way he would have made it out of the first round.
And Toews is entering the last year of his contract so ought to have a career year. All three unquestionably great picks where they went in the opening round.



Ovechkin at third overall is a question mark with rumours of a KHL move (a la Kovy), though he'll get you goals and shots if he plays in the NHL; still not the sort of platinum pick one expects of such a high draft position.
Hall as a mid first rounder is a bit of a stretch, especially from wing, without face-offs and having a pretty assured awful plus-minus to continue unless the team does a one eighty.
Weber is awesome and brings intangibles to a real-life team but it's hard to think a defenseman a worthy first rounder in this fantasy game unless you expect gaudy offensive numbers.
Great write up Van, thanks for sharing, happy i diddnt make the tho I probably will for rd 2

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 07:05 PM
  #66
VanIslander
Don't waste my time
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24,425
vCash: 500
MacKinnon has 63 points his rookie NHL season. If the sophomore jinx doesn't get him, he could very well get 80-90 points on the top line for Colorado next year.
I certainly would have given him a hard look when my Vermont picks in the third round.
The pick makes some sense.

VanIslander is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 07:10 PM
  #67
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
Is LT the only person we should send a list to?

NYR89 is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 07:16 PM
  #68
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Is LT the only person we should send a list to?
Yes.

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 07:45 PM
  #69
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
So many good players still out there with some of the off the board picks

NYR89 is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 07:57 PM
  #70
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
So many good players still out there with some of the off the board picks
Yeah for sure, huge names are still left!

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 08:11 PM
  #71
papershoes
Registered User
 
papershoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kenora, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
I think Toews is a categories monster in this format. G, A, +/-, FOW, TOI.


You guys are just lucky that intangibles isn't a category
The only way anyone would ever be able to compete in this category is to draft Charlie "Captain Duck" Conway

papershoes is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM
  #72
papershoes
Registered User
 
papershoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kenora, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
A Review of Round 1 Picks:



Crosby was a no-brainer at first overall, and will be unparallelled if healthy.
Getzlaf brings so many dimensions that there's no way he would have made it out of the first round.
And Toews is entering the last year of his contract so ought to have a career year. All three unquestionably great picks where they went in the opening round.



Ovechkin at third overall is a question mark with rumours of a KHL move (a la Kovy), though he'll get you goals and shots if he plays in the NHL; still not the sort of platinum pick one expects of such a high draft position.
Hall as a mid first rounder is a bit of a stretch, especially from wing, without face-offs and having a pretty assured awful plus-minus to continue unless the team does a one eighty.
Weber is awesome and brings intangibles to a real-life team but it's hard to think a defenseman a worthy first rounder in this fantasy game unless you expect gaudy offensive numbers.
Nice recap!

I definitely like all the first round picks (and, it's tough to argue with any one of the selected players as first-rounders).

I actually like the MacKinnon pick. I personally wouldn't have picked him in the first round but, his play this year, and projected future, makes him a good fit. Drouin on the other hand…not sure. Too early for a question mark...

papershoes is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 08:32 PM
  #73
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
A Review of Round 1 Picks:



Crosby was a no-brainer at first overall, and will be unparallelled if healthy.
Getzlaf brings so many dimensions that there's no way he would have made it out of the first round.
And Toews is entering the last year of his contract so ought to have a career year. All three unquestionably great picks where they went in the opening round.



Ovechkin at third overall is a question mark with rumours of a KHL move (a la Kovy), though he'll get you goals and shots if he plays in the NHL; still not the sort of platinum pick one expects of such a high draft position.
Hall as a mid first rounder is a bit of a stretch, especially from wing, without face-offs and having a pretty assured awful plus-minus to continue unless the team does a one eighty.
Weber is awesome and brings intangibles to a real-life team but it's hard to think a defenseman a worthy first rounder in this fantasy game unless you expect gaudy offensive numbers.

Love the feedback and not just because I got the thumbs up but because you actualy got it right. I don't mind Hall as much but I agree that he doesn't bring enough to the table to be selected ahead of some nhler left on the board. Won't name who but we all know who I'm talking about.

Now let's talk about the Ovy pick. I agree that he's a huge question mark but he's back to is old self and will put up the points. The big question is will he stay in the nhl or just leave when he knows he won't win the cup in the near future. He's a true winner but as been a big failure compare to Crosby. It might be good for Ovy to leave the NHL for a few years like Jarg did and comeback with a new perspective.


Hey van, I hope you do those report for every round. I just love them and if I make a incorrect pick, please tell me so since I'm not afraid to do it to others. lol!!

TheNudge is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 08:41 PM
  #74
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Great pick LT! Seguin is having an unreal season, hits SOG are extremely high too which is a very positive sign!

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 08:57 PM
  #75
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Was gonna snag Benn with my pick, but nooo, he gets taken right before.

Now we're even

NYR89 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.