HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prediction changes anyone...

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 05:05 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Prediction changes anyone...

Before the pre-season started, everyone gave the predictions on how the Oilers might do this season...With one preseason game left, I was wondering if anyone has changed their predictions...

Myself, I think this team can make the playoffs although I don't know how high they will finish...I believe a few weeks ago I thought they have a nice chance at finsihing 5th...Right now, I think this team at times may have trouble scoring goals this season...I know it's hard to see after a seven goal outburst last night, but it is only exhibition and it's the Flames...They will going in without Comrie who, although he's taken alot of criticism, he's a very good player and I have a feeling this will drag on...That meas they will have no Comrie to start the season and no one to replace him...

Realistically, they could battle for 6th or 7th...4th or 5th seems unlikely though...

Gawd I hope I'm wrong...I look at my buddies here in Ottawa and they watch each Sens' game expecting them to win...Can't wait 'til us Oiler fans can do that...

Old
10-03-2003, 07:16 AM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
i would say that edmonton finishes 7th this year.

lack of goal scorers is gonna be a problem without comrie (even with a breakout year from hemmer and isbiser, if that happens).... and people seem to be forgetting that our defense is still very young as well.... im also not convinced at ALL that salo will have a bounce back season, i think salo will play better this year (but thats only cause he cant possibly play worst than last year) but how much better remains to be seen

Closed Thread