HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Martin Reway to join Hamilton? (Joins Slovakia at WC)

Old
04-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Good may he stay away from the hell house that is Hamilton for as long as possible.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 05:33 PM
BJCOLLINS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Maybe your fanbase is too hard on him? The general opinion of Mooseheads fans is that Reway was your best player against them.

As for NHL, if he was a sure NHLer, he wouldn't have been a 5th round pick. But he's already a better prospect than most 5th rounders. He's the boom or bust type.

No, not the general opinion of Moosehead fans! As a Hab fan I kept a close eye on him throughout the series. He is shifty but not a game changer.....he was a disaster when asked to play against other teams top lines and players like Drouin or Ehlers. Reway disappeared.

He's a good late round pick up but this wasn't his best showing against the Mooseheads.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 04:36 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
No, not the general opinion of Moosehead fans! As a Hab fan I kept a close eye on him throughout the series. He is shifty but not a game changer.....he was a disaster when asked to play against other teams top lines and players like Drouin or Ehlers. Reway disappeared.

He's a good late round pick up but this wasn't his best showing against the Mooseheads.
well andrighetto wasnt even drafted the first year so lets hope reway can grow a bit and become more mature its a great gamble I like the odds.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post

Well Reway isn't known for his defensive prowess. And if he was outplaying Drouin/Ehlers, he would have been a top10 pick in his draft year. He has room to grow and we will have to be patient. Most small guys takes year to attain maturity (see MSL,DD etc.)

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:43 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Well Reway isn't known for his defensive prowess. And if he was outplaying Drouin/Ehlers, he would have been a top10 pick in his draft year. He has room to grow and we will have to be patient. Most small guys takes year to attain maturity (see MSL,DD etc.)
yeah him not carrying a team on his back past a favourited team isn't really cause for concern.

as long as he cuts out the pond hockey (not all of it) and gets stronger then I think he's got a decent shot. there seems to be smoke signals of attitude but not much that is really concrete so hopefully that's not an issue.

the shiftiness in his skating is a good sign but he could still stand to get quicker from what I've seen.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 11:32 AM
goman

Loved him at the WJC. Hope he does well at the WC. Not sure if he'll ever be a Canadien but he clearly has skill.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote