HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Malone arrested on DUI and possession of cocaine charges | Entered NHL's SA program

Old
04-12-2014, 09:59 AM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Mike Gallimore ‏@mikegallimore 1m

I've been told Malone has met his bond and has been released from jail already.
I can see the bail being met already but they usually make you wait at least 10 hours from being booked till you get released.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
FinnLightning26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Nah. I feel for the guy. Or, maybe that's not the best way to put it. I recognize the seriousness of the situation. But it's never too soon for cocaine and DUI jokes if all parties are alive. (And Ryan Malone's parties never die.)
I'm not gonna lie, I laughed probably too much at this.

I would fire him on the spot but I think Vinik and Yzerman will handle this as carefully as they can. I have no sympathy though for drunk drivers. You want to drink till you drop? I have no problem with that (probably do that too much myself) but to put innocent people's lives at risk is just so unbelievably stupid. DUI doesn't mean he's an alcoholic either, he may just be that stupid and I wouldn't put it past him. He doesn't seem like the brightest of the bunch.

I also have no sympathy for cocaine or any other drug users. I hate the excuse "Well he's had troubles in his personal life". I've had my share of personal problems but I'd never turn to drugs. They do so much more damage than good.

After saying that, I hope he gets his life back on track. Hate to see a well respected guy doing things like that.

FinnLightning26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Antiramie

Top comment on ESPN is, "'Cocaine huh? Tampa coach had suspicions of Malone's use when he told him that you are on the 3rd line tonight and Malone responded, "No, I'm on my 6th line already, coach."'

Hahaha. Malone, you just went from bum status to Freeman status.

So now we've lost Bishop, Filppula, Palat, Hedman, Purcell, Salo, and now Malone all within a week. Most of those are temporary (hopefully), but still....what terrible luck.

Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:19 AM
OG Kuch

First thing I thought of when I heard this news

Quote:
VOORHEES, N.J. — As rain washed over him, Todd Fedoruk stumbled on the streets of Tampa in his latest haze, this one ignited by a concoction of booze and cocaine.

His secret, reckless lifestyle had fueled his transformation from NHL enforcer to a junkie hooked on cocaine and marijuana that threw his life and career into jeopardy. Fedoruk had been in this dark place before, believing he beat his addiction the first time with the same steely will he needed to scrape with the baddest bullies in the league to earn his keep in the NHL.
Yet here he was, back socializing with the wrong crowds, patronizing the seedy parts of towns, hustling for whatever type of drugs he could abuse. On a rainy pre-dawn trip after the 2010 season, a disgraced Fedoruk had nowhere to hide.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ddiction_n.htm

Long read but worth checking out the rest of it. I probably didn't pick the best stuff to quote. Not necessarily relevant to Malone at all but popped into my mind.

Hopefully Malone was just having a little extra "fun" celebrating the last home victory versus battling any kind of serious addiction. Character guy who I hope lands on his feet regardless.

OG Kuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Werewolf

So Malone can be dismissed and we save our last buyout option? Purcell still has trade value so would rather move him. Ohlund probably can't qualify for the second buyout since injured and we can use his cap space anyways. Everyone else on the team is pretty much performing well - any other candidates on the team for compliance buyout?

Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
FOX 13 Tampa Bay ‏@MyFoxTampaBay 9m

More info on Malone arrest via TPD: Malone arrested after driving erratically. Refused a sobriety test. Found with 1.3g of cocaine on him.
this is a chunk of power cocaine 1.5 grams I used to buy an eight ball to party which is a little over double this 3.5 grams for a saturday night party so to speak. That would be an all nighter. I can see him having a usage like this much on off days but a gram or 1.3 is a lot cause he did some figure he had close to 2 grams or an eightball at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnLightning26 View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I laughed probably too much at this.

I would fire him on the spot but I think Vinik and Yzerman will handle this as carefully as they can. I have no sympathy though for drunk drivers. You want to drink till you drop? I have no problem with that (probably do that too much myself) but to put innocent people's lives at risk is just so unbelievably stupid. DUI doesn't mean he's an alcoholic either, he may just be that stupid and I wouldn't put it past him. He doesn't seem like the brightest of the bunch.

I also have no sympathy for cocaine or any other drug users. I hate the excuse "Well he's had troubles in his personal life". I've had my share of personal problems but I'd never turn to drugs. They do so much more damage than good.

After saying that, I hope he gets his life back on track. Hate to see a well respected guy doing things like that.

I get your stance and also you are in another world from the united states. When I was growing up abuse neglect etc. was ignored. If I had not turned to drugs I would have killed or did something about the family whom raised me. The drugs were a protection or that is how it started from the nightmare I had to live through. Till you have faced that or losing a wife or daughter or entire family etc. is hard to be so harsh and judge I get people whom say they would never do this that or other thing.

You can go to war and face gunfire 500 times 501st you can destroy your mind. No reason just happens you snap.

I was wired differently with the cocaine a lot of people it becomes an addiction to me was a pleasant buzz get feeling good have a rush go play sports or deal with reality in a kinder way. I was never a person whom had to chase it. Did it till was gone than done wouldnt go after it if ran out in a night etc. I have watched it consume people alcohol cocaine meth other things. They are wired differently me could have taken or leave it but since was so available and was fun I did it and made me less likely to go off on a nine state killing spree.

I never had to keep doing it and was always planned too did more meth cause gave you longer speed buzz to be truthful but always made sure did everything a regular person does like eat and force self to sleep a few hours each day no matter how wired I was. \\

I get people think everything is black and white. They wouldnt do this or that. You cant step into that other persons soul you do not know the demons they confront real or imagined. You are not able to feel what they feel so we shouldnt judge. Is a shame some turn to these things and get caught up and destroyed by them. We have messed up people who are as threatening to life as a person out drinking and driving. Just they are wired incorrectly and could set someone or themselves on fire or kill another person or themselves.

So I wouldnt judge to harshly hopefully he is not so bad off and can get the help he needs. He really needs to focus on what makes him happy and he loves. That is the key to finding yourself and turning away from the bad sides of things. Some people are so messed up though they cannot find that cause of how they are wired.

Van Gogh? All the beauty he saw the world with? Yet killed himself at 37? Demons are hard to understand till you live through it with others. Or have them yourself

Last edited by Unfinished Business: 04-22-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
Top comment on ESPN is, "'Cocaine huh? Tampa coach had suspicions of Malone's use when he told him that you are on the 3rd line tonight and Malone responded, "No, I'm on my 6th line already, coach."'

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Stamkos Intolerant
Here comes the $$$

Someone get him help. Malone is making his pitch for the Masterton in 2016

Stamkos Intolerant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:51 AM
berlin
wait...... what?

Guys in the locker room seem to love the guy, I for one am rooting for him.

berlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin View Post
Guys in the locker room seem to love the guy, I for one am rooting for him.
isnt just the locker room I am sure if you ask fans he is one of nicest guys you can ever meet he gives pucks to the kids will sit in parking lot signing autographs

bugsy is a good guy. Is a shame really.

Old
04-12-2014, 10:55 AM
MattM92

Violated the morality clause. Pack your **** and get the **** out.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes 10m

According to county records Malone since 6/22 has 7 citations for traffic infractions. April 30 court date for driving w/suspended license.
Quote:
Eric Macramalla ‏@EricOnSportsLaw 40s

My assumption with Ryan Malone is that had less than 28 grams; if more than mandatory jail sentence of 3 years - nothing proven though
Eric Macramalla is an attorney btw.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:03 AM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I thought cocaine would've made him skate faster, should've been doing lines between shifts.

Explains why his career went downhill so fast. He had a good run here sucks it's gonna end like this.
Quote:
Robert I didn't know you liked to get wet.

Why have both of these glorious posts been ignored? I laughed my ass off at both of them.

Anyway, atta boy, Ryan. We'll see what happens to you, but I don't think your future is with this team. Doesn't the Players Association help with substance abuse?

HoseEmAllAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:04 AM
OG Kuch

Yeah 28 grams would be concerning...

OG Kuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:08 AM
thom

Come on guys-I guess the Sanfran 49ers of the 1980s would be banned-I guess Dallas Cowboys of 70 and 80s many had cocaine issues.Edmonton Oilers of 1980s read SI article on them.Read John Kordic biography-shocking stuff-all this is nothing new

thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Come on guys-I guess the Sanfran 49ers of the 1980s would be banned-I guess Dallas Cowboys of 70 and 80s many had cocaine issues.Edmonton Oilers of 1980s read SI article on them.Read John Kordic biography-shocking stuff-all this is nothing new
but it's not the 70's or 80's anymore. Cocaine abuse (or at least the perception of cocaine abuse) isn't as rampant in professional sports as it once was.

Still also doesn't excuse anything.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Unfinished Business

Quote:
Eric Macramalla is an attorney btw.
seems like he had multiple issues before this not good shows a reason for the decline for real.

I find it odd knowing this area. Is not hard to find a dealer pimp whatever who will deliver just saying so why is he out chasing at 5:40 am he is lucky he doesnt get his ass shot.

You only need one trusted source to take care of you is odd to me to see him driving especially if already had driving issues.

Really doesnt make a lot of sense unless he was trying to destroy it all and seeking help but didnt know how to go about it.

Makes whole thing sadder to me.

P.S. To hose and cooper well I did like PCP lol did angel dust a few times dont remember what happened for a few days haha just woke up in piles and that was kinda fun lol.

Anyway haha crack never did anything for me at all. People would smoke it and smoke it and smoke it and need more buy more blah blah me give me a quarter gram of powder im happy or an eight ball and group of strippers on weekend just saying. I never got the crack thing really didnt do nothing for me a ten minute buzz didnt make me want to keep doing it.

Wenching went with the drugs. Have a funny story lived with friend eight months he was like one day dude you bring this chicks home every weekend you leave town and they stay you know they walk around house naked. If I liked one of them do you think I could go after them. I am like they are not my girlfriends dude you can do whatever you want lmao.

If I was with them would take them with me lol. Anyway the funniest part 8 year friend golfed 4 times a week with him he winds up marrying one of them she was meanest biotch i ever brought in house just a nasty foul human being. He broke off the friendship cause she didnt allow him to hang with old friends lol.

I felt so bad for him but on the flipside at least hes getting laid now lol

Last edited by Unfinished Business: 04-12-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old
04-12-2014, 11:25 AM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

A guy on the main boards brought up a good question:

I wonder which of his teammates he was with shortly before getting into his car.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:29 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post

I wonder which of his teammates he was with shortly before getting into his car.
Could have been with strangers. Wasn't right after the game, it was at like 5 in the morning.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:40 AM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Could have been with strangers. Wasn't right after the game, it was at like 5 in the morning.
For sure. Is that likely though? I know I like to party with my friends, and Malone was bringing out the drugs. Do people do that around strangers? I don't think so. Not in my experience anyway. Plus, a man of his status? That wouldn't be too good if somebody saw him and knew who he was. But I don't party all that often, so I'm not entirely sure. Ryan could also have friends that aren't teammates.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Filthy Mitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
I really hope the Lightning don't just send him out. If they do his problems will only get bigger.
If there is a chance we can fit him under the cap for next season, give him the chance to get out of this drug **** and get his live back on track. He has played quit long for this organization and IMO deserves the help, regardless how poor he has played the last two years.

Put him under strong rules (regular drug test), that he can't go back to the drugs and hope he keeps going that way after he will leave the org next summer. Maybe he can find a team willing to give him a 4th line job after.
Just getting ride of the problem is the wrong way, but I am confidant SY will handle this as good as he has all the problems before.
The thing is that no business in the world is going to pay a guy to work out the mistakes he took upon himself that not only hurt him but hurt his employer.

Now I'm sure the Lightning have a choice anyways, I'm not up on the NHL contract and the ramifications for possession and DUI..I assume he just needs to enter a program.

Filthy Mitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Filthy Mitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post

Yeah, I read that and it made me cringe...I didn't even want to think of the possibility.

I'm just disgusted with Tampa Bay athletes recently....all the way back to Josh Hamilton, Aqib Talib, Mike Williams and now Malone

Old
04-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Filthy Mitts

Quote:
Robert I didn't know you liked to get wet.
I'm not sure there's anything else to do in New Port Richey

Old
04-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Maelmoor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
I always liked Bugsy and supported him when others had already given up on him, this is such a shame as he seem to be a great guy and very popular in the locker room.

I hope he can get help and get things back on track.

04-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Unfinished Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Mitts View Post
Yeah, I read that and it made me cringe...I didn't even want to think of the possibility.

I'm just disgusted with Tampa Bay athletes recently....all the way back to Josh Hamilton, Aqib Talib, Mike Williams and now Malone
ya is bad but could be detroit lions? seven guys arrested last year before training camp started? Has been 20 at least in last few years and probably close to 100 pot arrests in last 10 years lol.

So am glad tampa is not as bad as all that.