HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Hayes won't sign with the Blackhawks

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Rockmorton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
Oh I'm sure he'll be just fine in life. He could have done things the correct way though and played on a Stanley Cup contender, surrounded by leaders. I'm sure he had a ton of fun losing 70% of his games the last two years though.
Don't forget the next few. LOL

Old
04-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Epimetheus

If you believe in your abilities,want to be a successful NHL player and you got drafted by Chicago then sign there and grind your way to the team.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:10 PM
bandwagonesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toews2Bickell View Post
You're good at cherry-picking things. Did you miss the part where I said 2C has been open for four years? I guess if he can't handle that pressure to perform right away or go to the AHL to work on his game so he can play for a cup contender, he's not ready for the NHL.
He may very well sign with a better team than Chicago -- we don't know. In any case, he decided he wanted to be a free agent and followed a set of rules specifically allowing him to become a free agent. I doubt many NHL players think he's ungrateful.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:10 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
If it's all about money I'd rather not have the kid in the organization. But I understand your point. He's gonna make his money, and he would have gotten a good look at 2C in Chicago. They have damn near given everybody and anybody a shot for the last 4 years. If he wants to be that near-sighted and play for a bad team, I guess that is his decision
Maybe he wants to be on a team where he can make a difference, instead of play on a team that's gonna be good regardless of him being there. That speaks more of one's competitive nature than wanting to play on an already stacked team.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:12 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
You're good at cherry-picking things. Did you miss the part where I said 2C has been open for four years? I guess if he can't handle that pressure to perform right away or go to the AHL to work on his game so he can play for a cup contender, he's not ready for the NHL.
Hayes has been playing RW at BC if memory serves me correctly. I know he's played center before, but who knows where he ends up at the nhl level. It does look like that Chicago lineup would be very tough for him to crack in the coming years. In that respect I don't blame him for wanting to go somewhere that could fast track his career. Obviously this sucks for Chicago having drafted Hayes, but Blackhawk fans have two Stanley cups in the last five years, so I don't think too many fans of other teams will be all that sympathetic.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Taze em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagonesque View Post
He may very well sign with a better team than Chicago.
Doesn't exist.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:18 PM
EbonyRaptor

If the reports are true it's a bummer for the Hawks because he has two things you can't teach - size and good hands. But I think he'll need to get better at skating if he wants to be more that a marginal NHLer, but that is something he probably can improve upon.

I have no ill will toward him. He's doing what he thinks is best for himself within the rules - where's the problem with that?

As far as logjam in Chicago - yeah there is on RW now with Hossa and Kane there. But he would have a chance as the 3rd line RW next season and more realitically when he's ready for the NHL in a couple years in the top-6 after Hossa regresses. But maybe he doesn't want to wait and would rather go somewhere that has top-6 openings now. On the 2C spot with the Hawks - I think he's going to be a winger at the NHL level so there's no point in considering the 2C spot for him.

But - the silver lining is that the Hawks would get the #54 pick in the 2015 draft which is supposed to be a very deep draft - so maybe #54 in 2015 is more like late 1st round in most drafts?

Old
04-12-2014, 02:20 PM
bandwagonesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
Doesn't exist.
Honest question: are you serious or trolling?

Old
04-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Taze em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagonesque View Post
Honest question: are you serious or trolling?
It's just the truth.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:23 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
If you believe in your abilities,want to be a successful NHL player and you got drafted by Chicago then sign there and grind your way to the team.
You are under no obligation, just as Chicago is under no obligation to ensure that the players who can't make the team are financially compensated.

Who in their right mind would rather work for $20 dollars an hour vs $100 per hour?

Old
04-12-2014, 02:24 PM
pld459666

Because its 08/15/14 deadline the comp pick is 2015, no?

Old
04-12-2014, 02:25 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
If the reports are true it's a bummer for the Hawks because he has two things you can't teach - size and good hands. But I think he'll need to get better at skating if he wants to be more that a marginal NHLer, but that is something he probably can improve upon.

I have no ill will toward him. He's doing what he thinks is best for himself within the rules - where's the problem with that?

As far as logjam in Chicago - yeah there is on RW now with Hossa and Kane there. But he would have a chance as the 3rd line RW next season and more realitically when he's ready for the NHL in a couple years in the top-6 after Hossa regresses. But maybe he doesn't want to wait and would rather go somewhere that has top-6 openings now. On the 2C spot with the Hawks - I think he's going to be a winger at the NHL level so there's no point in considering the 2C spot for him.

But - the silver lining is that the Hawks would get the #54 pick in the 2015 draft which is supposed to be a very deep draft - so maybe #54 in 2015 is more like late 1st round in most drafts?
Well put. I understand as a Hawks fan it must suck to watch a prospect develop and then decide to pack his bags, but that's how things go.

Old
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post

You might be waiting awhile for that one...

Old
Tont

vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
I know people keep bringing up the line thing for the Flames, but I really don't see it.

Arnold projects more as a solid 3rd line centre. Gaudreau if he makes it will be top 6. It doesn't make a ton of sense for the Flames to keep them together.

I don't know enough about Hayes to know where he'd factor in.

As others have said, the big issue is Chicago has a good, deep team. His future there will be limited, especially in the short term.
Calgary wouldn't be interested in him because he was linemates with Arnold and Gaudreau, they'd be interested in him because he's a good prospect and he would fill a positional weakness for the Flames, RW.

He may be interested in Calgary because of that massive hole at RW and because his college buddies are playing there.

Old
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
It's just the truth.
Ya, OK there buddy. Plenty of stacked teams in the west right now. There is no clear favorite.

Old
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Eriah Hayes should make a phone call.

Old
TheNuge

Pulling an Eric Lindros, and he is never ever going to be nearly as good as Lindros...The fact of the matter is, hes is unproven in the NHL, Maybe he could go to buffalo, and be given a spot for the next couple years, until a better and more viable option comes along that pushes him to the AHL

Old
04-12-2014, 02:27 PM
bandwagonesque

Quote:
It's just the truth.
It was the truth, and we all acknowledge it. It isn't now.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Still dont understand how they didnt fix this issue in the last CBA.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:28 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
I'd love to have him on the Flames, but at the same time it doesn't seem right. Considering how touchy we all were about Gaudreau possibly not signing here, it'd be kinda weird for us to do it to another team.

Calgary's more of a 3 scoring lines type of team IMO. Either way, I like the idea of Gaudreau with Monahan for the foreseeable future.
It's not really the team doing it in this case though. It's the player doing it.

It does feel kind of wrong. Flames did the same thing with Knight though.

At the end of the day the Flames may actually have too many of their own prospects to make room for Hayes. Next year in the AHL/NHL they're adding Agostino, van Brabant, Gaudreau, Arnold, likely Poirier, Kulak, possibly Gordon - all on top of the guys they already have there. There's only so much room.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Both him and Jimmy are sell outs. Seem like a great family.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Pulling an Eric Lindros, and he is never ever going to be nearly as good as Lindros...The fact of the matter is, hes is unproven in the NHL, Maybe he could go to buffalo, and be given a spot for the next couple years, until a better and more viable option comes along that pushes him to the AHL
Wait. Hayes was drafted and then told the team he will refuse to report, and demanded a trade?

No. He is aparently leveraging his status as a 4th year NCAA player to get a better deal. Wow, what a terrible guy, I bet he kicks puppies too.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's just the truth.
If that were true they wouldn't be 3rd in their division, 5th in their conference or 7th in the league.

One of the best sure. THE best? There is plenty to debate there

Old
04-12-2014, 02:34 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
Not a smart idea for a prospect to act entitled before he even makes the show.
Ridiculous. they traded his brother

Old
04-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Taze em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
If that were true they wouldn't be 3rd in their division, 5th in their conference or 7th in the league.

One of the best sure. THE best? There is plenty to debate there
Who will be favored in a series vs the Hawks? Only Boston.

Anyways I'm not just talking about this year, I'm talking about the franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread