HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary - Ottawa

Old
04-13-2014, 10:56 AM
WhiteLight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
You should really stop now. You are just making yourself look even worse.
Nice one. You spew out this comment and you'Re not even able to point out a single thing that is wrong with what I said. I guess everything I said is true?

So you think Baerstchi could produce in Ottawa bottom 6 with that sort of linemates? OK there.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:59 AM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
As a prospect Sven was both a solid 2-way player and the driving offensive force on his line. As an NHLer he had gotten away from those things and was putting up points simply because he has an incredible amount of skill with the puck, so he's in the minors so that Ward will drill into him what he needs to reach his full potential.

Unless you are the Oilers prospects are not gifted spots and need to earn their ice-time as an example I have no doubt Zib will be a top 6 player for Ottawa but he has not earned it yet. Not because his coach is an idiot but because he's not outproducing anyone ahead of him offensively and struggling defensively in his sheltered minutes.
Good for Sven but a two-way top 6 centre is more valuable than winger.

Zibanejad has certainly earned PP time. He's better defensively than half the top 6.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:02 AM
First round bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Jason Spezza + Patrick Wiercioch

For

Mark Giirdano + Juri Hudler
This is so bad for calgary

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 04:16 PM
SensNation613

Just ignore MAK.

SensNation613 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Reinhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Nice one. You spew out this comment and you'Re not even able to point out a single thing that is wrong with what I said. I guess everything I said is true?

So you think Baerstchi could produce in Ottawa bottom 6 with that sort of linemates? OK there.
Yep, just as he produced on the Flames in a 3rd line role. Do you really think he got top line minutes and 1st unit PP time in Calgary? I am not even saying Baertschi is better or worse than Z, or that he will or won't have a better career - but you obviously have little knowledge of Baertschi at this point and are not making very valid points.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:30 PM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

As an Ottawa fan, I decline. I know HFboards is really high on Gio right now, but I value the last 10 years of elite Spezza more then this one excellent season Gio has had. I fully believe Spezza will bounce back next season.

04-13-2014, 11:50 PM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
As a prospect Sven was both a solid 2-way player and the driving offensive force on his line. As an NHLer he had gotten away from those things and was putting up points simply because he has an incredible amount of skill with the puck, so he's in the minors so that Ward will drill into him what he needs to reach his full potential.

Unless you are the Oilers prospects are not gifted spots and need to earn their ice-time as an example I have no doubt Zib will be a top 6 player for Ottawa but he has not earned it yet. Not because his coach is an idiot but because he's not outproducing anyone ahead of him offensively and struggling defensively in his sheltered minutes.
Zibbie has not struggles defensively at all. Offensively he hasnt been great, but he hasnt been 'struggling'

NickLidstrom is online now   Reply With Quote