HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils & DeBoer working on contract extension

Old
04-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
After seeing how many players like him, he must be doing something right

If it means keeping Jagr... then i hope he is back

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Emperoreddy
Caped Baldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
After seeing how many players like him, he must be doing something right

If it means keeping Jagr... then i hope he is back
Definitely can't hurt. Jagr can't stop gushing over him.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

How about we give you Dan Bylsma and we get De Boer?

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:06 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
How about we give you Dan Bylsma and we get De Boer?
Bylsma and a first for Dumbo and Sal?

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Tretyak 20

If this is true, then Lou has totally lost it. Get ready to be the NHL's newest basement dweller - probably until we get a new GM.

Tretyak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:17 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
This is an apocalyptically bad idea. Just another day in the office Lou. Good grief. Hope u guys liked what u saw from
Gio
Harrold
Bernier
Carter
****ing sal
Volch
Marty
Because it'll be the same **** all over again. Oh I forgot, add an older, ****tier gionta brother to the equation and there u go. Watch out western conference. Ugh

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Devs4L

If it's true, it's a smart move by Lou. Deboer was not the reason we missed the playoffs. This would be acknowledgement from Lou that Deboer deserves a chance with a better roster.

Now Lou has to go and actually improve the roster.

Devs4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:19 AM
OpethNJD
loldevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
If this is true, then Lou has totally lost it. Get ready to be the NHL's newest basement dweller - probably until we get a new GM.
That's pretty pessimistic...granted we aren't gonna light the world on fire in the next couple years but basement dwellers? That's kinda overreacting.

OpethNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:24 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

It's not overreacting, he's a pathetic coach and I have no idea why he is so loved a d respected. Break out his coaching stats. He sucks. And his asset management is putrid. **** him

Old
04-13-2014, 12:27 AM
OpethNJD
loldevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
It's not overreacting, he's a pathetic coach and I have no idea why he is so loved a d respected. Break out his coaching stats. He sucks. And his asset management is putrid. **** him
Pathetic coaches don't come 2 wins from a cup first year with a roster he's completely new to.

Old
04-13-2014, 12:28 AM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
This is an apocalyptically bad idea. Just another day in the office Lou. Good grief. Hope u guys liked what u saw from
Gio
Harrold
Bernier
Carter
****ing sal
Volch
Marty
Because it'll be the same **** all over again. Oh I forgot, add an older, ****tier gionta brother to the equation and there u go. Watch out western conference. Ugh
I've already gone on record in saying that if Pete and the exact same cast of clowns are back then I won't be. No way am I spending good money on center ice to watch that ****show again. If Lou actually gets rid of Pete's toys then I'm OK with an extension, if he doesn't then yikes. And we wouldn't be bad enough to get McDavid or Eichel so we would remain purgatory. Hopefully Lou has learned his lesson and avoids the ****ing bandaid solutions again. He pretty much has to.

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethNJD View Post
That's pretty pessimistic...granted we aren't gonna light the world on fire in the next couple years but basement dwellers? That's kinda overreacting.
Not at all. Why? Because we have 0 competent scoring prospects. Re-signing DeBoer tells the available UFA's Lou doesn't see any major problems with the team. But it's beyond obvious there are major problems with the team. If we resign DeBoer, top UFA's aren't going to sign here. If top UFA's don't sign here, then our offense is worse next year than this year. If our offense is worse, do you really think we'll win more games? If we keep losing, will Schneider want to re-sign here? If we have a coach who hates playing young guys, will we be replacing aging vets? Are you starting to see my point?

Old
04-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Emperoreddy
Caped Baldy

Quote:
Not at all. Why? Because we have 0 competent scoring prospects. Re-signing DeBoer tells the available UFA's Lou doesn't see any major problems with the team. But it's beyond obvious there are major problems with the team. If we resign DeBoer, top UFA's aren't going to sign here. If top UFA's don't sign here, then our offense is worse next year than this year. If our offense is worse, do you really think we'll win more games? If we keep losing, will Schneider want to re-sign here? If we have a coach who hates playing young guys, will we be replacing aging vets? Are you starting to see my point?
If Lou doesn't sign anyone we have the same roster as this year as Jagr is most likely going to stay.

Same roster same result. Chilling on the bubble not is the basement.

Old
04-13-2014, 12:33 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Quote:
Pathetic coaches don't come 2 wins from a cup first year with a roster he's completely new to.
That was already years ago. HOOray

Old
04-13-2014, 12:34 AM
MadDevil

So now keeping DeBoer is going to turn players off from signing here? Give me a break. Apparently one of the greatest forwards of all time gushing about him means nothing.

MadDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:37 AM
OpethNJD
loldevils

Quote:
Top 10 pp and number 1 PK and lowest shots allowed are not problems. Lack of forward talent is and can be addressed in the offseason since we will have the cap room to throw good deals at the vaneks and the cams and the moulsons...I get that it's a culture shock to most of us that we missed b2b playoffs but this team is pretty far from a full rebuild. Basement dwellers don't top the league in PK and shots allowed...just sayin

Old
04-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
If Lou doesn't sign anyone we have the same roster as this year as Jagr is most likely going to stay.

Same roster same result. Chilling on the bubble not is the basement.
So let's say we chill on the bubble another year, then what? Is Jagr going to still be putting up points at age 43? Is Elias going to be the same player? Is Clowe still going to be healthy? Is Zubrus going to still be top-6 material? And then what about Schneider? No one else is going to make him a lucrative UFA offer? How much loyalty to the Devils will he have when he's had nothing but two losing seasons here?

Old
04-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Top 10 pp and number 1 PK and lowest shots allowed are not problems. Lack of forward talent is and can be addressed in the offseason since we will have the cap room to throw good deals at the vaneks and the cams and the moulsons...I get that it's a culture shock to most of us that we missed b2b playoffs but this team is pretty far from a full rebuild. Basement dwellers don't top the league in PK and shots allowed...just sayin
If we sign Vanek in the off-season you mail me a crow and I'll eat it. Moulson is drastically over-rated and wouldn't be much better than Ryder if we sign him. Camilleri isn't a long-term solution. He'd be nothing more than a band-aid fix that would still require a major shake-up.

Old
04-13-2014, 12:41 AM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Parisechuk View Post
What was Deboer and Kadri's relationship in Kitchener like? I think I might be on that bandwagon. They probably ask for Merrill though. Don't know if I would do that but I definitely think about.
Deboer treated Kadri much like the young players here who don't play a great 2 way game. They butted heads alot but Kadri gave a lot of credit this yr to Deboer for making him more of a complete player.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:42 AM
Emperoreddy
Caped Baldy

Quote:
So let's say we chill on the bubble another year, then what? Is Jagr going to still be putting up points at age 43? Is Elias going to be the same player? Is Clowe still going to be healthy? Is Zubrus going to still be top-6 material? And then what about Schneider? No one else is going to make him a lucrative UFA offer? How much loyalty to the Devils will he have when he's had nothing but two losing seasons here?
You are basing this off an idea that we won't sign guys for whatever reason and not make trades. Or draft well.

We did rather well in luring guys in last year. We aren't broke anymore. Lounwill be in the thick of thinks this off season as best we can.

Old
04-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
You are basing this off an idea that we won't sign guys for whatever reason and not make trades. Or draft well.

We did rather well in luring guys in last year. We aren't broke anymore. Lounwill be in the thick of thinks this off season as best we can.
Then let's wait and see what he does.

Old
04-13-2014, 12:49 AM
OpethNJD
loldevils

Quote:
If we sign Vanek in the off-season you mail me a crow and I'll eat it. Moulson is drastically over-rated and wouldn't be much better than Ryder if we sign him. Camilleri isn't a long-term solution. He'd be nothing more than a band-aid fix that would still require a major shake-up.
I'm not sure how you expect the team to be "fixed" then if you shoot down all the top potential free agents. There isn't going to be another kovalchuk walking through our doors again anytime soon and I personally am a-ok with that. We took a gamble on Ryder and it failed, to a lesser degree so did brunner. The reality of this year is we were basically one player away from being in the middle of the playoff pack. One player who could've potted like 15g and like 15 helpers would've put us over the top. I'm assuming Lou was hoping that brunner or Ryder would collectively step up to meet those numbers but they didn't. And he will correct that in the offseason.

Old
04-13-2014, 12:56 AM
nugg
Swamp Dragons!

nugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 01:11 AM
nugg
Swamp Dragons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Ovechkin.

I bet Lou tries that nonsense again and he defects to the Motherland.

Sounds like Lou speak.
I don't know if even Jacques could get through to that joker.

nugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 01:59 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Gio
Harrold
Bernier
Carter
****ing sal
Volch
Marty

It took THIS type of news to bring back abo.

Looks like Lou put the bullseye on his back now with this news.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote