HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dolan: I Believe In Sather

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 03:50 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Dolan: I Believe In Sather

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/3517.htm

Old
10-02-2003, 03:55 AM
KING

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-110332c.html

Old
10-02-2003, 03:56 AM
KING

Dolan Renews Faith in Sather, 'A Lot of W's'

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Old
10-02-2003, 03:57 AM
KING

Rangers: Dolan feels Sather is right man for job

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...1475266400.xml

Old
10-02-2003, 03:59 AM
KING

Vote of confidence

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...rangersco.html

Old
10-02-2003, 04:17 AM
True Blue

""I would not call it a make-it-or-break-it year I don't think there is such a thing,'' Dolan said before a 4-2 exhibition loss to the Devils last night at the Garden. "The results haven't been what either one of us have wanted, but I do believe Glen has made great progress in not only improving the team but improving the organization. "

Can someone please explain to me how Jackass has made the organization better? We now have less prospects than when he took over.

""I told you why I'm enthusiastic, and those reasons don't go away based on W's and L's. I think we'll get a lot more W's than L's, but if we don't, that does not change my confidence in him as a manager.'' "

Ok. Lil' Jimmy's does not base success on wins and losses. Then why was Trottier fired? And if not wins and losses, maybe it is measured by the amount of prospects that Sather has managed to mass? Clearly not. Then what, praytell, does he manage to judge success by?

""If there's any revelation in the last year for me, it's probably more about what state of condition the team was in before Glen came on,'' Dolan said. "That the organization itself after it won the '94 Cup focused more on just what was happening here on the ice at the Garden and not the organization in total. I think because of that we lost ground.

"The revelation just comes from seeing all the things that Glen has done over the last couple of years.'' "

Again, can anyone tell me what exactly Glen has managed to accomplish?

"Dolan said his confidence in his GM/coach wasn't just a reflection of his unabashed personal affection for Sather."

Come on here. The ONLY reason that Sather has a job is becuase Lil' Jimmy worships the ground Jackass walks on.

""I happen to think he's an excellent person and I enjoy my relationship with him," Dolan said. "But I also run a corporation and I have plenty of other managers that report to me.

"And what I see is that Glen runs an organization the proper way. He has a plan. And he thinks through his decisions thoroughly.""

That's definetly the way that I describe all of Sather's decisions. Thoroughly thought through.

"I believe he's made great progress in improving and building the organization"

I can only cringe when I see things like that.

"Imagine having a job that's immune to recall, an executive position that's secure regardless of tangible performance. Glen Sather doesn't have to imagine, he has it. We should all be so fortunate to have a boss like Jim Dolan.
The Garden CEO said last night that Sather, who hasn't been able to lead the Rangers to the playoffs since replacing Neil Smith as GM during the summer of 2000, will be back next season, "unless he chooses not to, and I'm talking about both as GM and coach. "

Brooks hits in on the head here. Must be nice to have a job where you wield unlimited power and are immune from being removed. How can this organization preach "accountability" to the players, but makes the management completely immune from it? No wonder we're such a joke.

Old
10-02-2003, 04:38 AM
33teddy33

Send a message via ICQ to 33teddy33 Send a message via AIM to 33teddy33 Send a message via Yahoo to 33teddy33
Wow, true blue seems to have nailed it on the head. How do you have someone's vote of confidence when you can not perform. If we all had end results as Sather has had since taking the reigns at our daily jobs, we would end up unemployed.

Why are we so loyal to Sather?
**** - Smith got us a Cup. We at least made the playoffs.
Wouldn't the playoffs be nice??

Why are we giving Mess $3million?? Sather, Sather, Sather...... whats it going to take? What the hell?

Old
10-02-2003, 04:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33teddy33
Wow, true blue seems to have nailed it on the head. How do you have someone's vote of confidence when you can not perform. If we all had end results as Sather has had since taking the reigns at our daily jobs, we would end up unemployed.

Why are we so loyal to Sather?
**** - Smith got us a Cup. We at least made the playoffs.
Wouldn't the playoffs be nice??

Why are we giving Mess $3million?? Sather, Sather, Sather...... whats it going to take? What the hell?
Well the biggest difference is Dolan is running the show right now and he doesn't know a hockey puck from a shuttlecock (I always wanted to work shuttlecock into a post!). He is blinded by Glen Sather as a name and what he has done in the past. The fact is Lil Jimmy is in awe of the guy for some reason.

Yeah Smith helped bring the Cup to NY and he had stayed too long but it took Dave Checketts to fire the guy. Checketts at least had a clue as to how to run sports franchises.

10-02-2003, 05:08 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
"The results haven't been what either one of us have wanted, but I do believe Glen has made great progress in not only improving the team but improving the organization. ".
Can anyone tell me where these areas of improvement are?

Old
10-02-2003, 05:10 AM
True Blue

This is just scary

"As a person who admittedly doesn't know much about hockey, Dolan has put his trust in a man whose status within the NHL had grown to legendary proportions by the time he came to New York, despite a sketchy record during his final years in Edmonton. Sather is Dolan's man. "

Lil' Jimmy knows nothing of hockey. So he goes out and puts all of his faith in the only hockey name he knows.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:45 AM
shmekel

Dolan believes in Sather, eh?

That's a bit of a dubious endorsement.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:16 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Can anyone tell me where these areas of improvement are?
Haven't you been paying attention? This is the best dressed Ranger team since the Michel Bergeron administration.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:31 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Dolan's new revelation:

Dolan: I believe in Aliens, too.

Old
10-02-2003, 11:04 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Dolan's new revelation:

Dolan: I believe in Aliens, too.
heh...one out of two ain't bad :alien:

Thanks Dolan for giving me a headache.

Old
10-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Haven't you been paying attention? This is the best dressed Ranger team since the Michel Bergeron administration.
D'uh, silly me. We're #1 in the league in "personal hygene" too. If only JOFA could make a helmet that wouldn't mess up those nicely combed heads of hair.

Old
10-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Must be something in the drinking water of NY NHL hockey owners. Either that, or Milbury and Sather have some really defaming pictures of Wang and Dolan, respectively. :p The comparison in owner/GM situations is valid in the confidence that the top guy exudes for his dubious GM.

Could it simply be that neither owner cares to involve himself much in day-to-day affairs of the club? That's solid, if you have the right guy in the GM seat.

Anyway for the record, I just want to state that I believe in STBOB. :p

Old
10-02-2003, 11:35 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
=Could it simply be that neither owner cares to involve himself much in day-to-day affairs of the club?
I just think that neither Wang nor Dolan knows absolutely anything about hockey and each rely on either MM or Jackass because they ass-u-me that becuase each is a name that they must know the game better than anyone else. I don't know about Wang, but another problem is that Dolan hero worships Sather. In his eyes, Sather can do no wrong. How else can one explain the statements that Dolan has been making?

Old
10-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

What is Dolan going to say? if he had said sather needs to make the playoffs to keep his job EVERY one of you would say "now sather is going trade all the kids", (most of which sather drafted) Dolan has to give sather a vote of confidedence. but owners lie about these things (fred wilpon and bobby valentine) come on guys its not rocket science. why not just start a bash glen sather thread?

Closed Thread