HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chuck Kobasew Recalled

Old
04-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Pghkev
MICKEYMOUSE PENGUINS

vCash: 500
The Pens are making a mockery of the NHL. You want Grit for the playoffs??? HAHAHAHA... Pens are trucking Sissy!

Pghkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:23 AM
Bring Godard Back

When is Machacek going to get a call-up? He has more grit than Kobasew, and he's more talented than Harry the Perv. ****ing Shero. When is Zach Sill coming back?

Last edited by Bring Godard Back: 04-13-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: grammar
Bring Godard Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:28 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

I knew this was going to happen at some point, but that doesn't make it any less cringe worthy. Connor will be back any day, too. Wonder how many games BB will see now, let alone Megna.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:07 AM
catdaddy
Has left da building

Time to plan the parade route...

catdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:10 AM
66-29-33

For real? we are using THIS guy for the playoffs? our depth was bad enough, this made it even worse. Adams, Glass, Kobasew. ENJOY COLUMBUS!!!!

66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Fire Shero*

Our lives would be far less stressful and our team would be so much better without these 2 idiots ruining this team.

Wake up pens fans, we arguably have the worst GM/coach combo in the league behind Edmonton.

So much about this franchise needs to be changed, but it needs to start with FINALLY getting rid of these 2 incompetent fools.

Last edited by Fire Shero*: 04-13-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:13 AM
OGBobbyFarnham

I don't really care about this move.
The bottom 6 is so terribly bad, they'll just have all guns on deck to try and see if something works.

Some people are forgetting just how terrible Kobasew was though. I will say that he was coming off injury though and maybe he's fully healed now.

I'd play Harry Z over any of these guys though. (Glass/Pyatt/Kobasew and maybe even over Gibbons if he's a non-factor in 1 or 2 playoff games)

OGBobbyFarnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:14 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
Connor will be back any day, too. Wonder how many games BB will see now, let alone Megna.
Kobasew, Conner in BB, Megna out. Find a way to keep Vitale out aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
I don't really care about this move.
The bottom 6 is so terribly bad, they'll just have all guns on deck to try and see if something works.

Some people are forgetting just how terrible Kobasew was though. I will say that he was coming off injury though and maybe he's fully healed now.

I'd play Harry Z over any of these guys though. (Glass/Pyatt/Kobasew and maybe even over Gibbons if he's a non-factor in 1 or 2 playoff games)
Atleast Gibbons has speed, he will draw us a few penaltys.

66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:27 AM
leafspensfan

**** life

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:29 AM
joeyjake5

The only thing wrong with your post is your chose of the word arguably.

joeyjake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Kobasew isn't eligible to play for the Baby Pens in the playoffs, so I don't know what anyone was expecting here.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Sluggermatt15

IMO if Bylsma is going to play Kobasew, he has to be one of the bottom six that steps up his game. 10 goals in his past 11 minor league games is a good sign. Good for his confidence, too. Hope it can translate to the NHL level.

Sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:35 PM
vabm8
Injured Reserve

Didn't Shero say his injury, the one he had at that point, was a high ankle sprain, or am I crazy? No jokes about me already being crazy.

vabm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:39 PM
CaptainMckenna*

The do everything possible to try and make me hate this team I won't give in but jesus this is getting hard

CaptainMckenna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Stad
@Crosby2Perron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Kobasew isn't eligible to play for the Baby Pens in the playoffs, so I don't know what anyone was expecting here.
Really? How come? Never knew this..

Stad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
That doesn't get anyone off the hook. Kobasew should have been waived and sent down in time TO BE ELIGIBLE for the AHL playoffs. Or, you know, sent to the W-B/S press box. Who gives a crap.

Meanwhile, Payerl has the size we could use on our fourth line. I mean, unless we use Engelland as a winger in Round 1, which I doubt we will. Sill has "perfect fourth line center for this team" written all over him. Even PL3 can help us more than Kobasew can.

The fact he wears No. 12 just adds more insult to injury.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

**** chuck

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 01:27 PM
MrBurghundy
Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stad View Post
Really? How come? Never knew this..
Any player that isn't on the roster before the trade deadline isn't eligible. I believe that's what it is anyway. I know there's a deadline at the very least if it's not the trade deadline. Pretty standard operating procedure that's been in place forever. That's so teams that eventually are eliminated from the playoffs can't just send all their players down to load up the minor league team with a bunch of ringers.

MrBurghundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 01:30 PM
wgknestrick

As long as he pushes one of the 3 stooges out of the line-up, I am fine with it. I still don't understand why he got waived and not Adams. But hey, I am logical.

wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Any player that isn't on the roster before the trade deadline isn't eligible. I believe that's what it is anyway. I know there's a deadline at the very least if it's not the trade deadline. Pretty standard operating procedure that's been in place forever. That's so teams that eventually are eliminated from the playoffs can't just send all their players down to load up the minor league team with a bunch of ringers.
I think it's a dumb rule. If the player is still AHL eligible, why not be able to continue playing in the AHL playoffs? And even if he isn't AHL eligible, why not be able to waive a guy and have them play in the AHL playoffs? Having more talent in the AHL helps the development of prospects.

There's too much emphasis on winning in lower leagues, imo. It's about development first and foremost.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
As long as he pushes one of the 3 stooges out of the line-up, I am fine with it. I still don't understand why he got waived and not Adams. But hey, I am logical.
But that Iron Man streak......

In all seriousness, with the Pens resting players, shouldn't Adams actually be a guy to get a game or two off? He's one of the older guys and giving him a game off due to his "rough style of game" would keep him rested for the playoffs.

But like I said, the iron man streak...

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 02:46 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Some of you are being serious drama queens.

NeedleInTheHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleInTheHay View Post
Some of you are being serious drama queens.

Someone finally said it, there is NOTHING wrong with this, he's depth, If people seriously think he will be in the lineup, think about these 2 things first.

1. Why did Ray Shero put him on waivers? When a GM does that to a player like Kobasew, they generally don't care if they lose him on waivers.

2. Why did Ray Shero go out and acquire Lee Stempniak, and have Gibbons and Megna on the roster over Chuck Kobasew?

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Kobasew will play unless he needs to (example, numerous winger injuries)

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Honour Over Glory

I had no idea about his numbers in WBS, 10 goals and 1 assist? My god, he's like the Jeff Carter of the AHL.

I used to like Kobasew when he was a Flame and Bruin, not sure what the hell happened to him after. But he's been a fraction of his former self with the Pens.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Stanley View Post

Someone finally said it, there is NOTHING wrong with this, he's depth, If people seriously think he will be in the lineup, think about these 2 things first.

1. Why did Ray Shero put him on waivers? When a GM does that to a player like Kobasew, they generally don't care if they lose him on waivers.

2. Why did Ray Shero go out and acquire Lee Stempniak, and have Gibbons and Megna on the roster over Chuck Kobasew?

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Kobasew will play unless he needs to (example, numerous winger injuries)
Didn't Shero himself say that after his injury, Kobasew wasn't the same player, which probably made him value him less and do what you just stated.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote