HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Justin Williams to Toronto

Old
04-13-2014, 08:55 AM
tmlfan98
#TeamAssetManagement

vCash: 500
Justin Williams to Toronto

The Leafs honestly need some better leaders, unlike that dirtbag phaneuf who's more into golfing and purse shopping than actually playing good hockey

Anyways what would it take to bring a solid veteran RW like Justin Williams to TOR? I think he would make a great captain if we brought him in.

I was thinking something along the lines of Lupul for Williams but i dont know who would need to add if anyone needs to add.

Discuss

tmlfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 09:29 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post
The Leafs honestly need some better leaders, unlike that dirtbag phaneuf who's more into golfing and purse shopping than actually playing good hockey

Anyways what would it take to bring a solid veteran RW like Justin Williams to TOR? I think he would make a great captain if we brought him in.

I was thinking something along the lines of Lupul for Williams but i dont know who would need to add if anyone needs to add.

Discuss
I believe Kings will deal Justin Williams this summer, but it is not going to be to Leafs for Lupul.
Lupul do not play defense, injury prone and has high salary (5.5 ml).
Williams is simply better player for Kings than Lupul.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Ricky Bobby

So trade our captain so we can annoint an inferior player and one who is a winger that is soon to be on the downside of his career the captain?

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:11 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
I believe Kings will deal Justin Williams this summer, but it is not going to be to Leafs for Lupul.
Lupul do not play defense, injury prone and has high salary (5.5 ml).
Williams is simply better player for Kings than Lupul.
You think Williams will be traded? What's his value? Williams would fit in great with the Islanders.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:55 AM
edbrubaker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post

Discuss
LA is only interested in Rielly

edbrubaker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:16 AM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
So trade our captain so we can annoint an inferior player and one who is a winger that is soon to be on the downside of his career the captain?
What does him being a winger have to do with anything. Clarkie made a great captain and he was a winger.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrubaker View Post
LA is only interested in Rielly
Doughty coming back then.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
What does him being a winger have to do with anything. Clarkie made a great captain and he was a winger.
Do you actually believe Williams would lead us anywhere? Williams does well because of Kopitar, Richards, Quick, Brown, Carter, Voynov, Doughty but in Toronto he'd just be another winger on a losing team.

Meanwhile Phaneuf you crap on but is he suddenly suppose to make Franson, Raymond, Lupul, Kadri better defensively despite there bios saying that is there weaknesses going back as far as when they were drafted. Or is Phaneuf suppose to win faceoffs for us?

I could have swore Toronto was weak down the middle and on the blueline.

Clarkie also didn't win during the majority of his career because of a weak D + center group. Then we was eventually traded for a center in Sundin which was one of the best deals in franchise history.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Ace88*

How do you even rationalize trading for Williams and making him captain as being a good idea? Have you suffered a head injury recently? I cant think of a worse idea, honestly. Maybe trade for LA's equipment manager and make him the captain?

Sheesh. The word no is just woefully insufficient at this point.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:52 AM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
You could not put together a package that would get LA to even listen when it comes to Drew. As fit Whilliams the only thing that may have LA trading him if there's an upgrade that we need the cap space for but I really think he will play out his contract here as he is a stud in the big games.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:53 AM
THE Green Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
You're joking right...

THE Green Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks94 View Post
You're joking right...
Not as funny as a thread asking for Justin Williams and some yuppy comes in demanding Rielly

Old
04-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Not as funny as a thread asking for Justin Williams and some yuppy comes in demanding Rielly
Funnier, actually, considering the "yuppy" didn't demand Reilly, just said that he was the only one they were interested in. The only "demand" was Doughty for Reilly.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Funnier, actually, considering the "yuppy" didn't demand Reilly, just said that he was the only one they were interested in. The only "demand" was Doughty for Reilly.
Williams isnt worth a bottle of mustard and the old burkie's doghouse sign to Toronto. That guy then says the only player theyd want is rielly (which is false, there are several attractive pieces la would like having). Im not going to argue semantics with you, the guy was way offbase but then again so is this ridiculous thread

Old
04-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Williams isnt worth a bottle of mustard and the old burkie's doghouse sign to Toronto.
Quote:
Value of: Justin Williams to Toronto
I'm sensing some mixed signals here.

Quote:
Im not going to argue semantics with you,
I would hope not, that would be a horribly uphill battle for you.

Quote:
the guy was way offbase but then again so is this ridiculous thread
Demanding doughty for Reilly is more ridiculous than mentioning Reilly is the only one LA would be interested in.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
I'm sensing some mixed signals here.

I would hope not, that would be a horribly uphill battle for you.

Demanding doughty for Reilly is more ridiculous than mentioning Reilly is the only one LA would be interested in.
Yes, mixed signals indeed. We have a leafs fan here that wants to trade for Justin frickin Williams to make him captain. See: my username. Yes, there are some seriously mixed signals here.

Semantics isnt an uphill battle for either side, thats not what semantics are. I dont think that word means what you think it means. As for the guy who said Doughty, is it really that unfair for him to say that when someone brings up our best young prospect who became an integral part of the defense by his 50th nhl game? Obviously Rielly's not worth Doughty, but im sure you can understand that his would be the first name Toronto would ask about when Rielly's name comes up.

Old
04-13-2014, 12:19 PM
frankthetank91

I personally think a Lupul and Williams swap would work. Kings need LWers , Leafs need RWers.

Lupul is close friends with Richie and Carter. That would be a deadly 2nd line. Leafs get a vet hometown boy RWer. Sounds pretty perfect.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:27 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I personally think a Lupul and Williams swap would work. Kings need LWers , Leafs need RWers.

Lupul is close friends with Richie and Carter. That would be a deadly 2nd line. Leafs get a vet hometown boy RWer. Sounds pretty perfect.
Gaborik Pearson King Clifford are currently our lws We also have Dustin Brown that can play Lw at a high level. Lewis Nolan have also played lw this year. We have andy Andreoff Kityson porkins Mersh and Zykov coming from the ahl I think the kings are fine on lw now and the future thanks

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:36 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Gaborik Pearson King Clifford are currently our lws We also have Dustin Brown that can play Lw at a high level. Lewis Nolan have also played lw this year. We have andy Andreoff Kityson porkins Mersh and Zykov coming from the ahl I think the kings are fine on lw now and the future thanks
I can say the Leafs dont need RWers cause they have Ashton,Bodie and Orr. You named Gaborik and a bunch of bottom 6ers.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:43 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I can say the Leafs dont need RWers cause they have Ashton,Bodie and Orr. You named Gaborik and a bunch of bottom 6ers.
you have the right to your opinion but Pearson is not a bottom 6er or brown as well. We need to have cheaper options at the wing postion due to the money spent on centers. King for the price is a cheap option as well for the top 6 but hes been replaced by the even cheaper Pearson. You posted that the king need lws all i did was post the fact that we have all the lws we need. This is a cap world we live in and for the cap hit i would rather use Pearson then Lupal Zykov Mersh and Porkin are all top 6 potential wingers. Yes i realize there not proven but ill take that risk with the way our ahl coaching staff has developed players.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 02:41 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
You think Williams will be traded? What's his value? Williams would fit in great with the Islanders.
Actually yes, it seems logical for him to get traded. We are set at right wing, and we have toffoli who is ready to step in to the top 6.

It only makes sense to get rid of Williams because toffoli has a very high cieling, and him hitting that cieling is going to be on top 6 minutes.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
To me, J Dub getting dealt is entirely dependent on our d core next year.

Doughty-Regehr
Voynov-Muzzin
Martinez-Mcnabb
Campbell

Is what is likely without any additions and if Greene and Mitchell go elsewhere as FA's. He could be dealt for a 1st to be used on a NHL ready Dman or as a package with a kid like Muzzin for an upgrade.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Connor McJesus
Praise

lmao this thread is off to a good start.

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

yes, justin williams is going to solve all our problems. great thread, top knotch

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
you have the right to your opinion but Pearson is not a bottom 6er or brown as well. We need to have cheaper options at the wing postion due to the money spent on centers. King for the price is a cheap option as well for the top 6 but hes been replaced by the even cheaper Pearson. You posted that the king need lws all i did was post the fact that we have all the lws we need. This is a cap world we live in and for the cap hit i would rather use Pearson then Lupal Zykov Mersh and Porkin are all top 6 potential wingers. Yes i realize there not proven but ill take that risk with the way our ahl coaching staff has developed players.
Yes, Tanner Pearson's 7 points in 25 games definitely makes him a top-6 winger.

Williams is an excellent player and as a Sharks fan, I hope to hell that the Kings deal him.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote