HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to Pittsburgh at the draft

Old
04-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
According to him and the team, yes.
and the Doctors.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 07:38 PM
penguins2946*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
According to him and the team, yes.
I wasn't doubting it, I was genuinely curious. Why would they let him play hurt for 6 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
Bennett+2015 2nd
Not nearly enough. Add Despres or Dumoulin and it's closer.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Clamshells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
I wasn't doubting it, I was genuinely curious. Why would they let him play hurt for 6 months?
Players play through discomfort all the time. He said in the interview that most of the time he didn't even notice it. Sens weren't in the basement the entire season and they shut him down when they were no longer in the playoff discussion. Pretty standard stuff really.

Clamshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 08:31 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamshells View Post
Players play through discomfort all the time. He said in the interview that most of the time he didn't even notice it. Sens weren't in the basement the entire season and they shut him down when they were no longer in the playoff discussion. Pretty standard stuff really.
So if he didn't notice it a bunch of the time, why even mention it as why he started struggling? If it was minor enough that he didn't notice it, you can't really use that as the excuse for his bad finish. It seems like he just had a hot start and cooled down dramatically after.

Old
04-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Kezia
Benny

Quote:
So if he didn't notice it a bunch of the time, why even mention it as why he started struggling? If it was minor enough that he didn't notice it, you can't really use that as the excuse for his bad finish. It seems like he just had a hot start and cooled down dramatically after.
He said he didn't always feel the pain. That doesn't mean his muscles weren't always affected/limited.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

I am waiting for Ryan to re-sign so these horrible low ball offers and the Philly fans claiming that he will sign with them in a year, will just go away.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:27 PM
AFTeRMaTH*
41st-78th-17th-11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I am waiting for Ryan to re-sign so these horrible low ball offers and the Philly fans claiming that he will sign with them in a year, will just go away.
You guys better hope he resigns. Silf, a lottery pick, and Noesen for potentially 2 seasons of Ryan? Ouch. As a Philly fan I would love to have Ryan but he we don't exactly need him.

AFTeRMaTH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Honour Over Glory

The chance to get him was when he was with the Ducks, to get him now would cost too much, not worth (in the sense that it will just cost too much) the price it would cost to get him.

I doubt he stays in Ottawa for more than his current contract anyway, I could see him bolting for the Flyers after, he has some strong ties to that team.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:18 AM
CrankyBaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Considering how dominant Ryan was before he got injured, I would want Maatta + Sutter + 2015 2nd.

I dont care if Pens fans dont like it. We like Bobby a ton.
Maatta with a low cap hit + a 3rd line centre + a pick for a pending UFA who had an awful year this year, Injury aside he didn't have a great season by his standands. Also Pittsburgh would take on a 5.5cap hit and have to replace maatta with a higher capped player most likely and get a 3rd line centre from somewhere.

This is a awful deal for Pittsburgh for a player who has seen his points production drop in the last few years.

CrankyBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Considering how dominant Ryan was before he got injured, I would want Maatta + Sutter + 2015 2nd.

I dont care if Pens fans dont like it. We like Bobby a ton.
Glad you guys like him, keep him for however long you might have him for until he tests the market.

We'll gladly keep Maatta, Sutter, and the 2nd.

Old
04-14-2014, 12:28 AM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
The chance to get him was when he was with the Ducks, to get him now would cost too much, not worth (in the sense that it will just cost too much) the price it would cost to get him.

I doubt he stays in Ottawa for more than his current contract anyway, I could see him bolting for the Flyers after, he has some strong ties to that team.
He specifically said he wants to resign, yet he doubt he will resign?

Also, whats your problem with Ottawas players? I have asked you this before.

04-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
He said he didn't always feel the pain. That doesn't mean his muscles weren't always affected/limited.
What good is a scapegoat if you don't use it?

It reminds me a few years ago of the person at a place I used to work at, that hurt his shoulder but then says it's fine when we bugged him about needing help lifting things and he looked just fine lifting, until the day we had to do a lot of work and suddenly, that shoulder was a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLidstrom View Post
He specifically said he wants to resign, yet he doubt he will resign?

Also, whats your problem with Ottawas players? I have asked you this before.
Unless you think I linger around a thread waiting for you to respond to me, you won't get a response from me for something as absurd as me having some hatred for players on an entire team. I reserve that kind of dislike for the Flyers (even then, marginally, I actually wished the Pens had Simmonds, Voracek and a slew of others off of that Flyers team, so even then, my goodness...get over yourself). The only gripe I have with the Sens isn't even a gripe, it's more of a fact with ample examples in regards to the team owner and the gm. I actually am a fan of Spezza, Michalek and various others, oh wait you think because I feel the Norris is bastardized and that Karlsson only really won (same for PK) because of their production, not so much their play? My god, let it go dude, I don't even feel Green and Letang ever deserved to be nominated because to me, it means best overall, not best offensive production, numbers so good, screw how average they are defensively, although I think PK was more deserving since he's much better than average defensively.

And right, what do you expect him to say?

"Hey guys, I love it here for now, but I mean...my first time testing the market? Nah, I'd rather just stay here instead of potentially playing for a team I want to play for, maybe a contender, you know, like the one I was traded from."

Last edited by Honour Over Glory: 04-14-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old
04-14-2014, 12:51 AM
Jacques Trap*

The absolute worst thing OTT could do is move Ryan at a time when his perceived value is at the lowest it has been in the last few years and likely the lowest it will be for the next few years as well.

Jacques Trap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:59 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisha78 View Post
The absolute worst thing OTT could do is move Ryan at a time when his perceived value is at the lowest it has been in the last few years and likely the lowest it will be for the next few years as well.
Pretty much, also, while Ryan has said all of the right things, the chance at being able to pick where you can go and really cash in? I think that's an enticing thing for a lot of players. But it's not out of the norm to hear players say what he has said. I mean do people expect him to cause dissent in the dressing room by being aloof about his future with the team? Anger the fans? Etc? No. Also, you don't burn bridges.

In any case, I would rather see the Pens go after Michalek if he tests the market or Kulemin (just because I feel like Malkin's going to get that ball rolling if he doesn't re-sign with the Leafs).

Old
04-14-2014, 01:01 AM
Yokai

vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisha78 View Post
Well lets say he is going to walk just for the sake of it. When exactly is his value at its lowest based on the deadline this year?

1. Off-season with a year left.
2. The trade deadline as an impending ufa.
3. Walks for free in the summer.

Pretty sure option 1 is not the absolute worst outcome. The worst thing Ottawa can do is hang on to an unextended Ryan hoping his value increases only to see him walk for nothing next year.

Last edited by Yokai: 04-14-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:50 AM
JxStaalx11
#BeauKnows!

why are you guys ready to give up on beau? he could be crosby's winger next year. we sign kulemin this offseason for geno and another 3rd liner and i think were ok.

JxStaalx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 04:12 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Lol, start with Maatta and add another big piece or peace.

Bobby Ryan scores 40+ on Sid's wing.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:35 AM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Lol, start with Maatta and add another big piece or peace.

Bobby Ryan scores 40+ on Sid's wing.
That may be true, but Ottawa can't demand a price based on what Ryan could do with Pittsburgh. That's freaking stupid. You're not getting Maatta for him.

Old
04-14-2014, 06:11 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaWing View Post
Who cares. Another forward will not help Pittsburgh
They need to address their bottom 6 more than anything, IMO. And ditch Byslma.

04-14-2014, 06:46 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
They need to address their bottom 6 more than anything, IMO. And ditch Byslma.
adding Ryan would help the bottom 6 as it would bump Dupuis down to the 3rd line where he'd be excellent.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:55 AM
SensNation613

Quote:
That may be true, but Ottawa can't demand a price based on what Ryan could do with Pittsburgh. That's freaking stupid. You're not getting Maatta for him.
As said, we don't care. You want Ryan, you're going to pay up to get him. He's going to resign in Ottawa, I don't know why you guys think he's going to bolt after his contract is done because he's not.

SensNation613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
The real funny thing is he could have had the surgery say, Feb 1st and with the Olympic break he would have missed maybe 5 games (if he took 4 weeks to recover) but he would have been 100%.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Pretty much, also, while Ryan has said all of the right things, the chance at being able to pick where you can go and really cash in? I think that's an enticing thing for a lot of players. But it's not out of the norm to hear players say what he has said. I mean do people expect him to cause dissent in the dressing room by being aloof about his future with the team? Anger the fans? Etc? No. Also, you don't burn bridges.

In any case, I would rather see the Pens go after Michalek if he tests the market or Kulemin (just because I feel like Malkin's going to get that ball rolling if he doesn't re-sign with the Leafs).
that tells me all i need to know about your opinion.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 10:57 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senz View Post
Bobby Ryan just confirmed in an interview a few days ago, that he wants to play in ottawa, and that he is committed to getting a deal done this summer. In this case it best for the sens to keep Ryan as his value for 1 season won't get much.

but in the off chance it happens, it would be a blue chip prospect/ young roster player.
Do you have a link (assuming its in print)? Not that I don't beleive you, I'd just be interested to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
This.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensNation613 View Post
As said, we don't care. You want Ryan, you're going to pay up to get him. He's going to resign in Ottawa, I don't know why you guys think he's going to bolt after his contract is done because he's not.
Man, I would really hold off on saying things like that. He might very well re-sign, but until it's done, there's no certainty. Ryan, except for one outburst, has always been a guy that says all the right things, and the things you want to hear from a player. Still, even as an RFA, the negotiations were a handful. That might be more about his representation than about him, who knows, but that alone will make it quite some work. Do not count those chickens, yet.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote