HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #1 |Flyers at Rangers | Thu., Apr. 17, 2014 |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2014, 01:17 PM
RoDu

vCash: 500
I don't know what to expect from Akeson, but it would be cool if either he or Raffl are the '10 playoffs Ville Leino of this team

Old
04-15-2014, 01:35 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I don't get the point of throwing Rinaldo out there against the Rangers in a playoff game? If it was the Pens I would but the Rangers don't fall for his **** so he's rather useless. I rather have McGinn in over him because unlike Rinaldo he can actually finish a scoring chance here & there.

Old
04-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post

Don't worry. Iron Kimmo will take care.
looks like someone is getting a lil too friendly with jesus

Old
04-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
I would start Emery is Mason isn't 100%. His long term health is more important than the first game of this series.

Old
04-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't get the point of throwing Rinaldo out there against the Rangers in a playoff game? If it was the Pens I would but the Rangers don't fall for his **** so he's rather useless. I rather have McGinn in over him because unlike Rinaldo he can actually finish a scoring chance here & there.
They HAVE to have Rinaldo in there to accomplish a key goal of game 1: hammer the crap out of McDonagh's sore, sprained (separated?) and as yet untested shoulder again and again and again.

Old
04-15-2014, 02:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
They HAVE to have Rinaldo in there to accomplish a key goal of game 1: hammer the crap out of McDonagh's sore, sprained (separated?) and as yet untested shoulder again and again and again.
McGinn isn't passive plus we still have Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds etc. who don't shy away from throwing the body.

We're going to need all the offense we can get going up against that defense & Hank. While McGinn isn't exactly a Wayne Simmonds he can't at least bang home a garbage goal here & there which is way more than you can say about Rinaldo who literally has no pulse offensively.

Old
04-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Curufinwe

And Rinaldo will be all fired up after his time off...

Carcillo will be happy to take advantage.

Old
04-15-2014, 03:01 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

I have to say as excited as I am about the playoffs I'm pretty nervous about playing the Rangers. The last few years the Flyers have been pretty bad against the them (I think I heard they've lost 11 strait at MSG today). Of all the Eastern conference teams the only team I wanted the Flyers to play even less than the Rangers is the Bruins. Of course these stretches of playing bad against a particular team have to end at some point and this seems like just as go a time as any to.

Old
04-15-2014, 03:11 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Well I dont really care right now that Rinaldo is playing since Akeson is playing, but there is very little chance he is ever out there when McDonald is out there. I guess he can try to hit Carcillo and they can both go and get angry at eachother.

Old
04-15-2014, 03:19 PM
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well I dont really care right now that Rinaldo is playing since Akeson is playing, but there is very little chance he is ever out there when McDonald is out there. I guess he can try to hit Carcillo and they can both go and get angry at eachother.
He may be able to draw (or take) some penalties on Carcillo.

Old
04-15-2014, 03:21 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
He may be able to draw (or take) some penalties on Carcillo.
Yea they are both stupid players so I can see it evening out ha.

Old
04-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I have to say as excited as I am about the playoffs I'm pretty nervous about playing the Rangers. The last few years the Flyers have been pretty bad against the them (I think I heard they've lost 11 strait at MSG today). Of all the Eastern conference teams the only team I wanted the Flyers to play even less than the Rangers is the Bruins. Of course these stretches of playing bad against a particular team have to end at some point and this seems like just as go a time as any to.
What about the Lightning? They beat us handily three times this season. At least against the Rangers we won two games at home.

Old
04-15-2014, 06:23 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
It's not like we have a dainty team. Everyone should be hitting the whole game and the whole series. Doesn't matter if McDonough was hurt or not he is the biggest player for them that we can get to so we have to get to him.

I think it will be similar to when we went after green and the caps. By the second period of game one we owned him. Mcd will be a lot different result but we are looking for a little less out of him so we can win this series.

Either way if he is pinned to G then couts schenn raffl read simmer and to a lesser extent akeson are expected to produce. There is no other way. I can't believe tomorrow is still only Wednesday!!

Old
04-15-2014, 06:35 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

anybody have an update on mason?

Old
04-15-2014, 06:40 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
anybody have an update on mason?
It is a day-to-day approach. He will be reevaluated tomorrow and hopefully practice. The term concussion has not been verified or used, rather "whiplash" is the most often attached word. The next update will be tomorrow.

Old
04-15-2014, 06:51 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
It is a day-to-day approach. He will be reevaluated tomorrow and hopefully practice. The term concussion has not been verified or used, rather "whiplash" is the most often attached word. The next update will be tomorrow.
thanks...i will take it.whiplash might be a guarded way of saying the c word but im still gonna be optimistic...i SERIOUSLY hope they clear him.obviously.

just ****ing sickens me that mason is having one of his best games of the season and on the eve of the playoffs and this happens.AND against the pens.****.

Old
04-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Teezax

God I hope Mase will be good to go

Old
04-15-2014, 07:04 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 579
Whiplash is the word you use when you don't want to admit that it's a concussion

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
Old
04-15-2014, 07:08 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
What time is practice tomorrow? And is it in Vorhees?

Old
04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Hexastate

We really need mason. I hope to God he's alright

Old
04-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

A certain defenseman need to step up if we want to win this series. I'm looking for angry playoff Coburn. Not the passive aggressive regular season Coburn.

Old
04-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:
I'm willing to bet those two spend almost no time on the ice together. They're going to want McDonagh facing good players, not Rinaldo.

04-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Rinaldo is fine in a 7 game series if he can help along with the team with physicality and a tenacious forecheck. You have to wear the opposing teams defenseman down. If he can play a controlled game and just agitate with his hard work he will be fine. Stay out of the post whistle stuff. Let them react towards you. Only time it will be necassary is when a teammate is getting mugged.

Of course the chances of him doing that will be a slim margin. If he fails to not take selfish penalties Berube will have no choice but to lose confidence in Rinaldo. He needs to mature and get his emotions in check because he will not be in the league for long if he continues down this path.

Old
04-15-2014, 09:27 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm willing to bet those two spend almost no time on the ice together. They're going to want McDonagh facing good players, not Rinaldo.
Rinaldo is averaging a goal per game in his last game played.

Old
04-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Mika Hoffmanijad

vCash: 966
Hey guys, After debating the rangers, ducks, and Flyers for this post season, I think i made the right choice . I'm really looking forward to watching Couturier, Voracek, and my hometown boy Giroux battle it out.

btw, whos the starter? i heard mason was injured or something.

Closed Thread