HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Handzus for a winger

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2005, 04:45 PM
peteo

vCash: 500
Handzus for a winger

Who do you honestly think we can get.Namely Edmonton,Colorado,who else could use a center.I hope something happens soon.Either trade him or sign a RW.

Old
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteo
Who do you honestly think we can get.Namely Edmonton,Colorado,who else could use a center.I hope something happens soon.Either trade him or sign a RW.
If we were to trade Handzus to one of those teams I'd want Hemsky or I suppose Dvorak+ for Handzus. From Colorado, I'd love to get my hands on Tanguay, but that would take Handzus + something very significant. I don't think Colorado will has anyone else that would interest me. I'd want someone under the age of 27 who as scored at least 20 goals and isn't a one way player.

Old
08-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteo
Why not just keep him, and see how things look at the trade deadline where we can pick up a winger at a prorated salary at a cost of a couple of prospects we don't have room for anyways.

I'm much happier with our centers being Forsberg Handzus Primeau Richards then if they were Forsberg Carter Primeau Richards

Two rookies down the middle when you're a cup contender and a team that really is built in depth is not what I'm looking for. I consider Handzus a very valuable and important piece of this upcoming season.

Old
08-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Freddie Mercury
4-93-14

We will give you D-vo and a pick for Zeus.

Old
08-20-2005, 05:15 PM
12# Peter Bondra

While I would like Handzus in Colorado, we dont have the cap space to accomodate him.

Well, we could have but I SERIOUSLY doubt Philly would accept something like Boughner+Hinote cause
a) bad value wise
b) You have already a lot of D-men.

Wouldnt work with COL.

Old
08-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Why not just keep him, and see how things look at the trade deadline where we can pick up a winger at a prorated salary at a cost of a couple of prospects we don't have room for anyways.

I'm much happier with our centers being Forsberg Handzus Primeau Richards then if they were Forsberg Carter Primeau Richards

Two rookies down the middle when you're a cup contender and a team that really is built in depth is not what I'm looking for. I consider Handzus a very valuable and important piece of this upcoming season.
Agreed. Wait until the deadline, then assess the needs.

Old
08-20-2005, 05:59 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
While I would like Handzus in Colorado, we dont have the cap space to accomodate him.
How about Handzus + Brashear for Hejduk

Old
08-20-2005, 06:39 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
will people ever stop with the foolishness of dealing Handzus? He will not be going anywhere as long as Hitch is the coach of this team. He is way to valuable in Hitch's system to be traded. for what? to Edmonton for Radek Dvorak? please.

Old
08-20-2005, 06:47 PM
donelikedinner

Zues is a keeper, he's solid and not flashy which makes his value hard to see. if Carter & Richards are both producing and he does become "expendable", his greatest value will be near the trade deadline. So why trade him now, when the Flyers might need him later in the season?

Old
08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
will people ever stop with the foolishness of dealing Handzus? He will not be going anywhere as long as Hitch is the coach of this team.
That's a myth. Handzus has about as much trade value as any player on the Flyers, and if Clarke feels he has to make a move to address a hole at wing or wherever, Handzus very likely could go. If you convince yourself that he has no chance of being traded, then you're going to be setting yourself up for disappointment - because he does have a chance of being traded. Hitchcock isn't the GM, either.

Old
08-20-2005, 07:00 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
Zues is a keeper, he's solid and not flashy which makes his value hard to see. if Carter & Richards are both producing and he does become "expendable", his greatest value will be near the trade deadline. So why trade him now, when the Flyers might need him later in the season?
Colorado would be happy to comply. The Avs currently have 1.8 M in cap space. If Boughner's traded, the avs will have 2.28 M in cap space. Would you guys be interested in Svatos and Hinote at the trade deadline? Marek and forsberg played well together during Svatos' short stint. Hinote is best friends with Peter as well. I know many Avs fans would become upset with my proposal however. Yet, I greatly value a player like Handzus and his stock is quite high. Quenneville prolly loves him as well. Ideally, I'd like to see a speedy forward return with Handzus. How about the following package: Svatos, Hinote and 5th rounder for Handzus, Sharp and 7th round pick?

Last edited by fcbarcelona: 08-20-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old
08-20-2005, 07:17 PM
PapaBear*

Colorado would be dumb to trade another young gem in Svatos. They are already lacking on the wings.

Avs dont need a 3rd line center, Lappy can fill that role if asked to.

I think EDM is good fit, how about Handzus for Torres and 2nd rd pk?

Old
08-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner

This is what I think too. Why trade him now, when he may come in handy later on? At least wait and see how the season begins before trading him. If Forsberg gets injured or if Carter and/or Richards do not adjust adequately, then the deal to trade him will have far reaching negative consequences. Besides, what is the hurry to trade him now?

Old
08-20-2005, 07:26 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Colorado would be dumb to trade another young gem in Svatos. They are already lacking on the wings.

Avs dont need a 3rd line center, Lappy can fill that role if asked to.

I think EDM is good fit, how about Handzus for Torres and 2nd rd pk?
hey, if svatos proves himself to be a very good winger, my proposal would obviously be no longer legit.

Old
08-20-2005, 07:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
That's a myth. Handzus has about as much trade value as any player on the Flyers, and if Clarke feels he has to make a move to address a hole at wing or wherever, Handzus very likely could go. If you convince yourself that he has no chance of being traded, then you're going to be setting yourself up for disappointment - because he does have a chance of being traded. Hitchcock isn't the GM, either.
I realize that. You never know with Bobby Clarke. BUT Handzus is a forward who Hitch trusts and likes in the system. Thats all I am saying. He is a valuable part of this team and is a very good 2 way center. He isnt flashy, he isnt going to overwhelm you with his stats, but you know what your going to get with him. I wouldnt trade him. But hey thats me. Im not the GM.
But if get back a player like Dvorak for Handzus I for one will not be happy.

Old
08-20-2005, 09:39 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Keep him and trust the guys we have. Carter might be better suited as a wing for his rookie season. I have no reason to believe we can't win with the team we have. If were lacking in a certain area make a deadline deal, but I don't see a serious problem occuring that we need to aquire someone out of the organization.

Old
08-20-2005, 10:36 PM
King Fish

I'd like to see Strum on the wing or better yet Chechoo. What about Handzus + 3rd pick for Chechoo. Although San Jose might be looking for more.

Old
08-20-2005, 11:04 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish
I'd like to see Strum on the wing or better yet Chechoo. What about Handzus + 3rd pick for Chechoo. Although San Jose might be looking for more.
are you kidding? Choochoo<Zues any day of the week, in the Hitchcock system.

Old
08-20-2005, 11:41 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
Keep him and trust the guys we have. Carter might be better suited as a wing for his rookie season. I have no reason to believe we can't win with the team we have. If were lacking in a certain area make a deadline deal, but I don't see a serious problem occuring that we need to aquire someone out of the organization.
I can think of many reasons why the flyers won't win:

1. Esche's rebound control and past history of deteriorating play
2. Forsberg's injury history
3. Hatcher's foot speed on defense and wonky knee
4. No elite scoring wingers
5. Donald Brashear and his stupid penalties
6. General lack of team speed
7. No true dominant defenseman like Niedermayer (3 cups), Lidstrom (3 cups), Blake (1 cup and 1 norris trophy) or Pronger (norris trophy and hart)
8. Ottawa Senators
9. Martin Brodeur
10. Little cap room to play

Some of these reasons are relatively minor but esche, forsberg, your team's wingers and hatcher are some major concerns and don't make the flyers a lock to even win the division.

Old
08-21-2005, 02:05 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
I can think of many reasons why the flyers won't win:

1. Esche's rebound control and past history of deteriorating play
2. Forsberg's injury history
3. Hatcher's foot speed on defense and wonky knee
4. No elite scoring wingers
5. Donald Brashear and his stupid penalties
6. General lack of team speed
7. No true dominant defenseman like Niedermayer (3 cups), Lidstrom (3 cups), Blake (1 cup and 1 norris trophy) or Pronger (norris trophy and hart)
8. Ottawa Senators
9. Martin Brodeur
10. Little cap room to play

Some of these reasons are relatively minor but esche, forsberg, your team's wingers and hatcher are some major concerns and don't make the flyers a lock to even win the division.

1. Esche is in no way the #1 question mark for this team
2. Forsberg's injury history is worrisome, agreed
3. Hatcher will be paired with a far more fleet-flooted defenseman, and will have to play a more responsible game, not just look for the big hit
4. Simon Gagne = elite scoring winger when paired with Forsberg, and a deal for another winger can always go down before the deadline
5. Brashear barely even fights anymore (outside of boxing rings, that is)
6. defensive corps is fast enough; forwards rely more on strength and passing than fancy footwork
7. defensive depth is more important than one stud
8. very good team; definite obstacle
9. the Devils have lost the mojo; we DID defeat them rather handily in 2003-04, and they have lost quite a bit of talent since
10. $1 mil and change is not bad, especially considering the long-term injury rule (10 games and 20-something games allows for exceeding the cap temporarily)

So, pretty much, I think we'll be OK. We'll make sure Peter sends you a postcard, though.

Old
08-21-2005, 02:44 AM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
So, pretty much, I think we'll be OK. We'll make sure Peter sends you a postcard, though.
thx...there's still a strong emotional attachment for him from avs fans like moi. i truly hope he lives up to the hype in philly...but doesn't have too much success during the playoffs. you're team is solid through and through...but the cap has created a situation where all teams have gaping holes on their roster.

i should have also mentioned that my problem list wasn't listed in a specific order. however, i do believe that esche is the flyer's biggest question mark. thoroughbred goalies win teams cups...esche isn't in anyway an elite player and i doubt he's on the cusp of becoming one.

Old
08-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Agreed. Now I am not saying he will be traided but if the Flyers have a major need that they have to address then Handzus might be the first to go. Especially with the log jam at center and the need for a more scoring winger. He is a good player but not untuchable. Please don't overrate him.

Old
08-21-2005, 09:42 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Maybe if you guys can cut some salary you can sign Nolan by Midseason and you could get Dvorak for a 2nd round pick...he's not worth very much.

Old
08-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Habsaku

could something around Zednik be good enough?

Old
08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Agreed. Now I am not saying he will be traided but if the Flyers have a major need that they have to address then Handzus might be the first to go. Especially with the log jam at center and the need for a more scoring winger. He is a good player but not untuchable. Please don't overrate him.
The problem is that Primeau and Forsberg miss about 20-25 games each per year. This team needs Handzus period!!

Closed Thread