HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

panthers and referees relationship - conspiracy or not

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2005, 07:46 PM
PanthersFanatic12

vCash: 500
panthers and referees relationship - conspiracy or not

anybody else think that theres been alot of panther games in the past where referee made really fishy calls that made u wonder if they hate the panthers or have something against them. i seen many games where id be so pissed cuz the referee would make a bogus call and cost the panthers wins. do u guys have any calls u remember where the ref really pissed u off

Old
08-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo#1
anybody else think that theres been alot of panther games in the past where referee made really fishy calls that made u wonder if they hate the panthers or have something against them. i seen many games where id be so pissed cuz the referee would make a bogus call and cost the panthers wins. do u guys have any calls u remember where the ref really pissed u off
too many to document here

Old
08-20-2005, 07:52 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo#1
Dean Warren was always bad in FLA games. I remember one game where we had like 6 straight penalties when playing the Caps. Bill McCreary is usually decent, but the referee who's half black, idk what his name is, is it Jay Shaerer or idk, anyone know? he has done some crappy games too for us I think.

Old
08-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Acadmus

Who was reffing the night Tom Fitzgerald took a high stick above the eye that gave him a nasty gash, and there was no penalty call even though it happened in the play? Back in '97 or '98.

Anyway, I remember there was one of the veteran refs I hated seeing listed as a Panther game ref because he was always making ill timed and questionable calls against the Panthers while being seemingly blind to anything the other team did. Can't recall who now.

Old
08-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Crossbar

Nah I don't think there's any conspiracy out there, but who can forget that ref that called Valeri Bure a "little *****".

HOPEFULLY the officiating will be vastly improved by calling everything by the book, for everyone. My main gripe, was that refs took the time to listen to veteran/HOF stocked teams, such as Detroit and their 5 captains, but they wouldn't take the time to listen to the younger inexperienced teams such as Florida. Hopefully that too will be fixed in the "new" NHL.

Old
08-20-2005, 09:38 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Who was reffing the night Tom Fitzgerald took a high stick above the eye that gave him a nasty gash, and there was no penalty call even though it happened in the play? Back in '97 or '98.

Anyway, I remember there was one of the veteran refs I hated seeing listed as a Panther game ref because he was always making ill timed and questionable calls against the Panthers while being seemingly blind to anything the other team did. Can't recall who now.
It had to be Faucette(sp?), I despised the guy. He absolutely owned us through the years. Just brutal. The guy that got cancer (Stewart maybe?) killed us a few times if I recall, also.

Old
08-20-2005, 09:39 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Nah I don't think there's any conspiracy out there, but who can forget that ref that called Valeri Bure a "little *****".

HOPEFULLY the officiating will be vastly improved by calling everything by the book, for everyone. My main gripe, was that refs took the time to listen to veteran/HOF stocked teams, such as Detroit and their 5 captains, but they wouldn't take the time to listen to the younger inexperienced teams such as Florida. Hopefully that too will be fixed in the "new" NHL.
In the "new" NHL, we have all the vets. The tide has turned, baby!

Closed Thread