HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pelle Lindbergh

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Mack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Pelle Lindbergh

In 1987 Lindbergh's estate files a law suit against the two bars that he had been drinking at before he past away. For people who are more familiar with this story, what could they possibily file a suit for?

Another question, was there alchol in his system when he died?

Old
10-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack

Another question, was there alchol in his system when he died?
You mean, was there blood in his system?

Old
10-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Yes, he was drunk.

Old
10-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

I took the Serving it Right course as part of my high school tourism class, and we studied these sorts of situations. Basically, as part of your bartender certification, you are obligated to keep track of how many drinks you have served a particular person and whether or not you have allowed them to get intoxicated. If so, you can be held partially liable for any accident or other situation they might cause or have caused against them that likely resulted from their being intoxicated.

Old
10-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
I took the Serving it Right course as part of my high school tourism class, and we studied these sorts of situations. Basically, as part of your bartender certification, you are obligated to keep track of how many drinks you have served a particular person and whether or not you have allowed them to get intoxicated. If so, you can be held partially liable for any accident or other situation they might cause or have caused against them that likely resulted from their being intoxicated.
so is that mot liley what they were sueing the bars for?
also there were TWO bars in which he had drinks at.

Old
10-03-2003, 02:47 AM
PecaFan

Quote:
Which is of course totally insane. Yes, let's transfer the responsibility to a third party. What's next? The checker at Safeway refusing to sell you a doughnut because you're too fat already?

Old
10-03-2003, 05:24 AM
LaVal

Quote:
that is the biggest pile of crap i've heard (not that it's incorrect, that it's just a stupid rule). i know damn well when i'm getting drunk and i also know damn well not to drive when i am. he/she's supposed to serve alcohol but not let the person become intoxicated?

Old
10-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Malefic74

Couple of things to bear in mind about Pelle.

1) He had a Porsche specifically made for him that was not technically legal to drive in the United States, and he loved to drive fast. In this regard he is very much the same as countless other NHLers including Heatley.

2) The awareness of drinking and driving was so much lower in 1986. Nowadays you here the warnings before every weekend, back then; never. Those rules for bartending were not even in the planning stages in 86 never mind being taught. Even when we heard about the accident the first question was "How fast was he going?" Whereas with Heatley I'm sure I was part of a very large group whose first thought was "Was he drinking?" Different time.

The lawsuit may have been filed but I don't imagine they won much if anything at all. Ditto with Steve Chaisson. It's these types of events that show the need to pair rookies with veterans, so the vets can show the kids what to avoid.

Closed Thread