HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens sign Jacob de la Rose to 3-year contract (coming over for 2014-15 season)

Old
06-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Brainiac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I think most people stay realistic about his potential: 3rd liner, at best 2nd line.
OK, so this means he's gonna be a 4th liner, I guess.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Tyson

He and Crisp are the prospects from this draft that I think have what it takes to make it.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 09:52 AM
bigtimehockeyfan999*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
He and Crisp are the prospects from this draft that I think have what it takes to make it.
im not counting out mccarron either...and crisp continued to produce in sudbury...i thought that he was just a product of mcdavid in erie.....impressive and 6'4 too....him and mccarron can kill lucic hopefully

bigtimehockeyfan999* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 10:32 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
2dMostInterestingMIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
What I am really excited about,,,, JDL skating around hitting everything that moves,, CC coming in to his rescue,,,, Beat down.

Del a Rose Crispy Cream.
Reads like a type of donut.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:10 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
im not counting out mccarron either...and crisp continued to produce in sudbury...i thought that he was just a product of mcdavid in erie.....impressive and 6'4 too....him and mccarron can kill lucic hopefully
Why people are writing off McCarron right away? The guy displayed great potential. He's just obviously raw

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:15 AM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
McCarron + Andrighetto absolutely could. Lehkonen and Reway are longshots, but if they do, watch out. And Fucale, obviously. That was one great draft for the Habs.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:22 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
McCarron + Andrighetto absolutely could. Lehkonen and Reway are longshots, but if they do, watch out. And Fucale, obviously. That was one great draft for the Habs.
Lehkonen is not a longshot by any mean. In my mind he's a better prospect than Collberg was. He has concussion issues, but he's a top prospect in his own right.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:28 AM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Lehkonen is not a longshot by any mean. In my mind he's a better prospect than Collberg was. He has concussion issues, but he's a top prospect in his own right.
He's not a top prospect league-wide though. He could certainly make it, but I'd rather temper my expectations and just be cautiously optimistic about him.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Stripper

If Lehkonen didn't have a concussion or even had a couple of pounds more (10-15+) he would have been drafted in the 1st round. He's a special player.

This draft was absolutely sick. McCarron, Crisp and De La Rose! Can't wait for those players to hit the NHL!

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Yeah, a lot of people were surprised that Lehkonen took that long to be drafted.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 04:27 PM
thomashefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
This draft was absolutely sick. McCarron, Crisp and De La Rose! Can't wait for those players to hit the NHL!
given updated info, i wouldnt call Mccarron an 'absolutely sick' pick.

thomashefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 04:39 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashefe View Post
Since he was moved to center he showed a lot of promise.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Habsfan18

I'm still not thrilled at all with the thought of Lefebvre coaching this kid, or any prospect for that matter.

Hopefully JDLR works out for us!

06-03-2014, 04:45 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashefe View Post
Let's just say that the level of his progess, if I have been informed right, are actually damn impressive.

It's nice to see a young man working his ass off and actually developing. It honestly gives me hope for his future; as he'll constantly try to get better as he will progress up the various hockey levels and inevitably hit harder competition.

Old
06-03-2014, 06:16 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Let's just say that the level of his progess, if I have been informed right, are actually damn impressive.

It's nice to see a young man working his ass off and actually developing. It honestly gives me hope for his future; as he'll constantly try to get better as he will progress up the various hockey levels and inevitably hit harder competition.
Not sure who informed you or what they informed you with, but big mac was probably one of our most disappointing prospects this year.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not sure who informed you or what they informed you with, but big mac was probably one of our most disappointing prospects this year.
And in the games I watched, he was far from "working his ass off". No one is saying he's a bust but this year was not an impressive year for him.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:21 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
I'm indifferent at this moment in time. There were enough flashes to remian intrigued.

However, much like Tinordi improved in year 2 of the OHL. I am going to need to see the same from McCarron.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:23 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
And in the games I watched, he was far from "working his ass off". No one is saying he's a bust but this year was not an impressive year for him.
...didn't he have a banged up shoulder for most of the year??...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Beendair Donedat

Yes he had shoulder issues.

Tinordi struggled in his first year of OHL hockey as well... Another big body that hadn't played that type of schedule before, and he seems to be one of our better players.

McCarron will be better next year, and if he follows a similar career progression, we will be quite happy with having a blue chip power forward prospect in a few years.

Playing for the Hunter's will help him be fundamentally sound.... His own work ethic will determine how far he goes, he has all the tools he needs to be succeed.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:29 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Thing's report, in the prospect thread, actually talked about how McCarron went from a disastrous start of the season to much more improvement almost across all boards.

He's far from saying that McCarron is flashing it out there, but he acknowledge the progress the kid has made so far this year. Which is good enough for me. As long as his progression curve doesn't slow down.

Old
06-03-2014, 06:34 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post

Tinordi struggled in his first year of OHL hockey as well... Another big body that hadn't played that type of schedule before, and he seems to be one of our better players.

McCarron will be better next year, and if he follows a similar career progression, we will be quite happy with having a blue chip power forward prospect in a few years.

Playing for the Hunter's will help him be fundamentally sound.... His own work ethic will determine how far he goes, he has all the tools he needs to be succeed.
Crisp - De La Rose - McCarron
Tinordi - Subban

...now that's a line...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:39 PM
No More Subban

Nice! I could really see DLR making the team next season playing with Eller and Bourque.

McCarron, Crisp, not just yet.

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:51 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Poke Subban View Post
Nice! I could really see DLR making the team next season playing with Eller and Bourque.

McCarron, Crisp, not just yet.
oh god just imagine how much better an NHL ready DLR would be for those 2 than Gionta.

him and Eller on the same line would just be too much.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 07:00 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
oh god just imagine how much better an NHL ready DLR would be for those 2 than Gionta.

him and Eller on the same line would just be too much.
IT sure would. But I thought we hoped DLR to be a centre?

Old
06-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post

I've seen the Tinordi to McCarron comparison often and I think there is a fundamental flaw in it. Even as Tinordi was struggling in the OHL, he was struggling to play as his team's top defenseman (or 2nd best one depending on your opinion of Scott Harrington at the time). He was having difficulty with playing one of the most difficult assignments on a team.

McCarron on the other hand, struggled with even being a supporting player for London. He wasn't even holding down a job in London's top nine forwards at points in this season. There is a considerable difference between having trouble being a team's #1 defenseman and having trouble with being their 3rd line RW. One asks you to be one of your team's star players, the other just requires you to be an average player.

So sure McCarron may have made massive improvements, but you have to consider how far behind the curve he was. Your typical 18 year old prospect that went in the top 50 of the draft is one of the centerpieces of his team if he plays in the CHL, even the projects.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote