HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens sign Jacob de la Rose to 3-year contract (coming over for 2014-15 season)

Old
06-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Le CH

vCash: 500
I hope he spends some time in the AHL before making the show... I like the slow approach with the prospects.

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH View Post
I hope he spends some time in the AHL before making the show... I like the slow approach with the prospects.
Well He had 13pts in 49gp in SHL I doubt he makes roster this year .. he needs atleast 2 years in Hamilton.

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Look up Subban's draft season. He was hardly some chump at 17. While Subban did have a meteroic rise, I wager a large portion of it was also that people had mis-evaluated how good he was from the start and were constantly playing catch up to how good he actually was.
From the 2007 draft:
PK scored 46 points in 58 games in 2006-7 OHL.
  • 4th pick: Hickey had 50 points (but in 68 games);
  • 5th pick: Alzner had 32 points in 66 games;
  • 10th pick: Ellerby had 25 points;
  • 12th pick: McDonagh: was under the radar... No CFL, not USHL, no NCAA; What a great job by Timmins, I understand his face (worth 10000 words when he was traded!); Nobody would do this trade if we would have kept Ribeiro;
  • 14th pick: Shattenkirk had 13 points in 14 games with USNDTP;
  • 15th pick: Plante had 38 points in 58 games;
  • 18th pick: Cole (Ian) with 9 points in 16 games in USNDTP;
  • 23rd pick: Blum had 51 points (more than PK) but in 72 games;
  • 27th pich: Smith OPJHL - 36 points in39 games - Detroit should have picked PK at this point;
  • 28th pick: Petrecki with 25 points in 54 USHL game;
  • 30th Pick: Ross with 31 points in CHL in 70 games.

So basically PK was producing more than all d-men picked in the first round...

The pick that was a surprise was McDonagh coming out of nowhere (no stats available before he was drafted).

But PK was clearly the best offensive d-men that year.

Hindsight is 20/20 but McDonagh and PK are the best d-men from that year...
Both were picked by TT.

Who was in our scouting team in 2007 and left?
What changed after 2007?

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 07:57 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
McCarron is the most controversial Timmins draft pick since Price in 2005.
Will be a third liner at worst.
I am not going to list the players that were gone: Nichuskin, Morin (habs were ready to trade up to get him), Mantha and Gauthier (Habs were still trying to get a higher pick).

All in all, our 2013 draft maybe the best since 2007: McCarron, DeLaRose, Fucale, Lekhonen, Ghetto, Crisp, Reway and Gregoire.

Gregoire ended up a fabulous pick.
Lekhonen, Reway, Andrighetto: one of the will play NHL.

Fucale seems to be a great goaler.

The only question is McCarron and I am ready to wait three more years before judging.
He needs more strength in his lower body but Dale Hunter said he is improving and will be top-6 next season.

Old
06-11-2014, 08:00 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
I don't know why you guys are freaking out about McCarron.. Hunter's end of season presser he said reason McCarron wasn't on top 2 lines this year was because they had a lot of 19 and 20 year olds and he's so massive he wants to bring him along on a certain path.. Also said next year McCarron has his spot on first two lines and will be on penalty kill.. If anything this season should be a better indication of what we actually have.

Excited about DLR though.. Kid obviously seems to be headed for the NHL in next year or two. Hopefully he adjusts really well to NA
He said PP and SH, not only SH...
But having him on SH shows that he trust MM...

He also said that MM needed to improve his lower body strength and that he did this season.

Edit: part of this was gamble in the toughest and biggest player in the draft with skills. If he does end up with lower body strength and faster while keeping his 240 lbs he might be fabulous. I am ready ot wait 3 or 4 years for MM to get in NHL. Toughest players in the league will not facewash him...

Last edited by 25get: 06-11-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old
06-11-2014, 10:14 PM
thomashefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25get View Post
All in all, our 2013 draft maybe the best since 2007: McCarron, DeLaRose, Fucale, Lekhonen, Ghetto, Crisp, Reway and Gregoire.

Gregoire ended up a fabulous pick.
Lekhonen, Reway, Andrighetto: one of the will play NHL.

Fucale seems to be a great goaler.

The only question is McCarron and I am ready to wait three more years before judging.
He needs more strength in his lower body but Dale Hunter said he is improving and will be top-6 next season.
Come on man. It's just as likely to be a horrible draft than it is to be one of the best drafts in our history. Way, way, way to little time has passed to call it either. It's also strange to say you'll give McCarron a pass and give him 3 years before you judge, but judge Gregoire to be a great pick already...

thomashefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 10:18 PM
thomashefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
I don't know why you guys are freaking out about McCarron.. Hunter's end of season presser he said reason McCarron wasn't on top 2 lines this year was because they had a lot of 19 and 20 year olds and he's so massive he wants to bring him along on a certain path.. Also said next year McCarron has his spot on first two lines and will be on penalty kill.. If anything this season should be a better indication of what we actually have.

Excited about DLR though.. Kid obviously seems to be headed for the NHL in next year or two. Hopefully he adjusts really well to NA
People freak out about McCarron because if actually watched him a lot this year, he looks nothing like a first round pick and has been outplayed by virtually every player picked in the first 2 rounds. Not that this means he is a bust, it is too early to tell, but so far it is not looking overly optimistic. You're right about DLR though, I love his style of game and hope he sees some games with the Habs next year.

thomashefe is offline   Reply With Quote