HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jagr will win the art ross

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2005, 09:31 PM
pens66-87

vCash: 500
Jagr will win the art ross

he is once again a the number 1 man on his team, gone are lindros, bure. hes surounded by players that speak his language. We all know what he did in Pittsburgh when he was the number 1 guy from 98-2001

jagr has a good year i predict a 8th or 7th spot in the playoffs

Old
08-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
A bold prediction, Hopefully it's true would like to see another good season out of Jagr, Cause who knows if he will stay in Russia after his contract is up or not.

Old
08-21-2005, 12:20 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66-87
he is once again a the number 1 man on his team, gone are lindros, bure. hes surounded by players that speak his language. We all know what he did in Pittsburgh when he was the number 1 guy from 98-2001

jagr has a good year i predict a 8th or 7th spot in the playoffs
if jagr has a great year it could be good enough to get us the 9th or 10th spot in the east. that would be about the worst possible outcome for this team.

Old
08-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
If this club is gonna have any chance at a playoff spot he will have to have that kind of season and his line and whoever our goalie is to carry us.

Old
08-21-2005, 06:00 AM
eco's bones

Really don't think so. There might be a lot of Czechs around him and some of them are good but not that good. I really see us as a bottom feeder--focusing on development more than on wins. In this enviroment it might be hard to keep Jaromir happy. It's quite possible that before the season is out he'll be with some other team if they can find the cap room and give us a good return for him. Will he score a 100 or more points. Quite possibly. He doesn't necessarily benefit as much as others from center ice opening up as he's not the waterbug type but he will get an advantage from the crackdown on goalie's equipment. I think there will be quite a number of 100 point scorers this year. But lead the league in scoring? No.

Old
08-21-2005, 07:30 AM
shoothepuck

Scoring leader?, no way. Good #'s yup, possible trade for some good picks, yeah

Old
08-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I could see him being the scoring leader, though it's very unlikely, but this team would need to win some games for Jįgr to earn the Art Ross, and that ain't gonna happen too much.

Old
08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Will he score a 100 or more points. Quite possibly.

I think there will be quite a number of 100 point scorers this year. But lead the league in scoring? No.
For the first comment . No, he wont score 100 plus points and I say that with confidence. Because he is the #1 GUY HERE HE WILL, WITH WHAT SUPPORT, NYLANDER AND STRAKA OR MAYBE EVEN RUCINSKY. I mean he was the #1 man in washington and didnt hit 100 pts.

I see him with a full healthy season hitting 75-85 points tops which is great. MAybe 90 which I dont think I see 80 as being more realistic.

Also just because of a couple rule changes doesnt mean people are going to start scoring over 100 points like its nothing. So to say quite a few, you mean how many 5 or 6 , I doubt that maybe 1, 2 if the NHL is lucky. The guys on D these days are so damn big its not so easy. And with some of these defensive startegies though with no 2 line pass and goalies not being able to play the puck as much, and the pads decreased a total of what 3 or 4 " its still going to be very tough , NHL competition is the toughest in the world.And these rules will open the game up but is not going to be a huge huge difference but im sure there will be a bit more scoring.

And I think people are going a bit over board with this" whole new nhl " thing yeah it will be a bit different and maybe some more scoring but people think games are going to be like 6-4 its gonna be the same NHL with some occasional higher scoring games. This is just my opinion I state nothing as a fact. And no im not trying to be argumentitive just stating my opinions, take no offense.

Old
08-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
If his pinky is 100 percent, I see Jagr having a big year. Probably 35-40 goals and 80-90 points.

However, I just can't see the Rangers coming close to the playoffs. The East is loaded.

Old
08-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
For the first comment . No, he wont score 100 plus points and I say that with confidence. Because he is the #1 GUY HERE HE WILL, WITH WHAT SUPPORT, NYLANDER AND STRAKA OR MAYBE EVEN RUCINSKY. I mean he was the #1 man in washington and didnt hit 100 pts.

I see him with a full healthy season hitting 75-85 points tops which is great. MAybe 90 which I dont think I see 80 as being more realistic.

Also just because of a couple rule changes doesnt mean people are going to start scoring over 100 points like its nothing. So to say quite a few, you mean how many 5 or 6 , I doubt that maybe 1, 2 if the NHL is lucky. The guys on D these days are so damn big its not so easy. And with some of these defensive startegies though with no 2 line pass and goalies not being able to play the puck as much, and the pads decreased a total of what 3 or 4 " its still going to be very tough , NHL competition is the toughest in the world.And these rules will open the game up but is not going to be a huge huge difference but im sure there will be a bit more scoring.

And I think people are going a bit over board with this" whole new nhl " thing yeah it will be a bit different and maybe some more scoring but people think games are going to be like 6-4 its gonna be the same NHL with some occasional higher scoring games. This is just my opinion I state nothing as a fact. And no im not trying to be argumentitive just stating my opinions, take no offense.

He played with Straka in Pittsburgh and also played with Rucinsky at the worlds this year. The chemistry could be there. Prucha has also played with him.

Old
08-21-2005, 05:53 PM
nyr5186

I could see Jagr having a monster season. I dont think anyone really knows how the league will respond to the rule changes. It could very well be the case that the game opens up for players like Jagr to flourish once again, but at the same time teams could adapt to the new system by finding new ways to clog up the neutral zone. In either case, I dont think even an Art Ross-type year from Jagr will prevent the Rangers from having an atrocious defense, which, if in fact the game does open up, will be exposed even more than in the past. When Darius Kasparaitis is your only "reliable" veteran defenseman, you know your defense is in trouble. So who cares if Jagr pots 100 points again? We'll just be losing 5-3 instead of 5-2.

The only good thing to come out of Jagr having a monster season would be his increased trade value at the deadline. Now theres something to look forward to!

Old
08-21-2005, 05:55 PM
FLYLine24*

With the smaller goalie equipment and with Jagr being such a pure goal scorer..I can see him hitting 50 goals if he plays 82 games.

Old
08-21-2005, 06:20 PM
eco's bones

There will be players that will (should) benefit from the extra space. For instance your St. Louis. An accurate shooter also benefits because of the goalie equipment. This should happen whether refs enforce the obstruction rules or not although with more pwp's there will be more goals. How exactly we shall see but I think the era of the 2-1 and 3-2 games has just ended.

Old
08-21-2005, 06:21 PM
GaryU

If the Rangers don't win a lot, I can see Jagr pouting his way out of NY....if anyone will take his $$.

Old
08-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Fletch

If Jagr has a great season...

I hope it's in conjunction with someone other than Nylander and Rucinsky benefitting. Be it Lundmark, Poti, Tyutin or Giroux...somebody, anybody.

Old
08-21-2005, 10:17 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU
If the Rangers don't win a lot, I can see Jagr pouting his way out of NY....if anyone will take his $$.
$4.5 million, thats a bargain for the best player in the world.

Old
08-21-2005, 10:21 PM
GaryU

Best player in the world???????????????????? Best hair, perhaps.

Old
08-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU
Best player in the world???????????????????? Best hair, perhaps.
Skillz are still there , just watch some internationals games . Hopefully the new rules willl help him and the team wont ask him to play a style hes not made for and let him run the offence like he did in Pits .

Old
08-22-2005, 05:27 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Jagr's wins the Art Ross Trophy?

I hope all Jagr wins is the the Rangers a good prospect or two, a #1 pick in this year's draft and a #2 in next year's draft.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:39 AM
GaryU

Never a doubt about his skill. But, he NEEDS to be happy. There's the rub.

Old
08-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Veela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
If his pinky is 100 percent, I see Jagr having a big year. Probably 35-40 goals and 80-90 points.

However, I just can't see the Rangers coming close to the playoffs. The East is loaded.
True, the pinky is factor, it is not healing the way it should be. He had monster year last season both in Czech and Russia. And during the world champs he was absolutely outstanding despite the broken finger. I havent seen Foppa in SWE or Nash and Thornton is SWISS but I guess he was the best player in the world last year.

If not injured he will have 100pts season. Martin Straka was playing extremely well last year too, he was a workhorse for Plzen, skating on a bigger ice for 22 min/game all season. Having him around plus the old pal Martin Rucinsky will be huge. Omsk is not factor, he has a running deal with New York and that“s it. Remember Yashin“s boycott with Sens? Jagr“s not that type.

Old
08-22-2005, 09:46 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I hope it's in conjunction with someone other than Nylander and Rucinsky benefitting. Be it Lundmark, Poti, Tyutin or Giroux...somebody, anybody.
Or Balej, Prucha or Immonen.

Old
08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

he's got a better chance at winning the Bob Ross.

i just don't see it happening with that supporting cast. Amazing player, when he wants to be...but I don't see him in position to take a trophy.

Old
08-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I hope all Jagr wins is the the Rangers a good prospect or two, a #1 pick in this year's draft and a #2 in next year's draft.
Bingo.

The only I thing I wonder is would he agree to play for another team. I remember all that BS about only playing for the NYR. I hope he wouldn't throw a fit about being traded.

Old
08-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch
he's got a better chance at winning the Bob Ross.
Sorry Gooch, Garth Murray has the 'Bob Ross' locked up for this year:

Closed Thread