HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

MD: Project Releases

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Verbal Kint*

vCash: 500
MD: Project Releases

Bad News: I don't think we can follow through on the poll format. Also due to losing two or three voters, revenues will be down this season.

Good News: At least we cna use a new thread. Part of the problem before was that in previous seasons we had to use the same thread and so it became mixed in mid-way through. Plus this season I can make a list of the realeases with links within the first post. I'm also stickying it so that it doesn't get lost in the clutter.

Projects can start being released Tuesday.

For now, I'll just share a couple of teaser posters with you to get you excited about village Idiot Productions upcoming line of releases.

Last edited by Verbal Kint*: 08-25-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old
08-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Verbal Kint*

Just thought I'd let you all know that Intern's being scrapped (I'lll pay a $10 or $20 million fee if necesary) to make way for the big screen adaptation of Domino's City.

Old
08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Just thought I'd let you all know that Intern's being scrapped (I'lll pay a $10 or $20 million fee if necesary) to make way for the big screen adaptation of Domino's City.
That's genius. I was gonna write up a part as bubba from inside the prison who tossed Fishel's salad.

Old
08-21-2005, 08:06 PM
discostu

Quote:

Brilliant. The first HF inspired film.

Old
08-22-2005, 09:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Don't forget the pudding!

Old
08-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Verbal Kint*

It's releasing time!

I'll have my first up by around 2:00 AM.

Old
08-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Verbal Kint*

I'm going to warn you all, this movie summary is going to be looooong.

I apologise deeply to all of you.

Old
08-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Verbal Kint*

Really long.

Old
08-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Verbal Kint*

presents

From the people that brought you Batman Begins

Batman: Return of the Knight

Directed by Christopher Nolan

Written by the combined efforts of Chris Nolan and David S. Goyer

Starring...
Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne
Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth
Gary Oldman as Lt/Commisionner Jim Gordon

Co-starring...
Liev Shrieber as Harvey Dent
Paul Bettany as The Joker
Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes
Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox
Cillian Murphy as Dr. Jonathan Crane
David Suchet as Oswald Cobblepot
Colin McFarlane as Commisionner Loeb
Tim Booth as Victor Zsasz

With a cameo appearance by...
Natalie Portman as Dr. Harleen Quinzel

Score composed by Howard Shore

Film Info
14 AA
Inspired
157 minutes
Drama, Action

Production Budget of $170 million

The movie opens shortly after the events of Batman Begins. The setting is a tall, run-down bulding within Gotham. We see a view of the staircase. A man wearing a dark pruple suit with white skin and green hair comes running up, The Joker. We see only shots from above with brief cuts to his body as he runs (note: specifically avoiding his face). When he gets to the top he burts open the door onto the top of the building. His face is still enshrowded by shadow and we see shots of him running between the generators and cheds that cover the roof. He starts to get more and more agitated, walking backwards, checking all around him. From above, Batman drops down raises his wings (cape) covering the screen in blackness and we're left with the resonating scream of the Joker.

The film cuts to two years later. Bruce Wayne and Lucius Fox have begun a plan to resurrect Gotham and bring it back to greatness. Wayne Enterprises will be donating many funds and is responsible for hiring out contractors. They hire a man by the name of Oswald Cobblepot, a businessman from Britain who's recently begun to enterprise within the United States.

With the death of her boss, Rachel has moved up into head of the DA's office and has hired Harvey Dent, a rising lawyer within Gotham who quickly grows a relationship with Dawes. Wayne watches on throughout the movie with subdued jealousy, but obviously has more pressing matters to attend to.

Within Arkham asylum, the place is still buzzing due to the Scarecrow's attack on the narrows. Though many of the victims have been found and recovered, the asylum is still overflowing with new finds who need to stay for 30 day quarantines. Meanwhile the head psychologists are still trying to examine the Joker who has been a puzzle to them since the day he arrived both through the state of his mind and his physical appearance. Shots of the Joker still don't have his face, whether he be in a corner with the shadows envellopping his head, or having his head tilted forward as he moves (walking shots within the corridor are done from above).

Due to the crowding the staff is forced to place the Joker within the cell of Dr. Jonathan Crane, who throughout the his short appearance is noticeably less stable than when he was first shown in Begins. The two begin to talk and Crane mentions, amongst other things a type of chemical he thinks the Joker might like (his laughing gas) and a plan to escape which he hasn't been able to carry out as all his other cell-mates were either hallucinating still or realise their term was nearly over.

The two make their escape through the help of psychologists and guards who still trust Crane from his time as head of Arkham. (Cameo: appearance, as they're leaving, the Joker makes a comment about the "young pretty nurse." this is Natalie Portman as Dr. Harleen Quinzel setting up her role for a later film.)

Meanwhile Batman and Gordon are still trying to track down the last of the Arkham inmates to have escaped, a former mob hitman who has been transformed into a psychotic killer. This is basically to allow for some Bat/Gordon action early as the plot develops and will involve a minor showdown between Batman and Zsasz where Zsasz rips off his shirt to show the tally marks for each kill.

Shift to Crane and the Joker in an abondonned warehouse. Crane has come here for his last shipment of fear gas which was never put to use. As Crane bends over to get the first bag of it, he turns and throws in in the Joker's face (who's being eerily silent the entire time). The Joker collapses screaming and Crane says some smug words getting right into the Joker's face. As soon as he's close enoguh, the Joker's hand springs out grabbing Crane's jacket pulling him in while his own head comes out of the shadows (this is the first clear shot of his face in the entire movie) and says "You idiot! I'm in-sane! I fear, NOTHING!" The Joker proceeds to beat Crane until he hears sirens (cops going to pick up Zsasz) which as he notes is his "exit cue."

As the film continues, we delve into Dawes and Dent's relationship both inside and outside the office. Dent begins a friendship with Batman, who he feels has the same view of the city as himself. Wayne, having felt odd about Cobblepot after Cobblepot began to show a lacking knowledge in construction enlists Dent (as Batman) to go through a background check on his business partner.

Continuing on, The Joker is seen "purchasing" a decrepit ammusement park (the purchase involves his first experiment with laughing gas, "This stuff works a charm"). And he starts to enlist the help of the dregs of Gotham, those who's brains never completely recovered from the Scarecrow's attack even after quarantine, playing off their fears forcing them into his bidding.

Dent meanwhile uses the bat-signal to call Batman and give him an update on Cobblepot. Wayne is forced to cut ties with Cobblepot which allows us to view the background life of Cobblepot. He orders a bit of enforcement on Wayne regarding the contract and we also see some very 'shifty' people taking blackmarket parts from him.

The attack on Wayne goes through as planned and Wayne is forced to reconsile his relatioship with Cobblepot who begins to let his more sinister side show through during his meetings.

The Joker, relatively quiet up until this point now begins to slowly move into the picture. His dregs began to go through with attacks on high ranking members of the Gotham police force. Crime begins to rise as the police becomes incresingly short-handed. Gordon and Batman do their best to try and stop the attacks but appear to be too late in almost every attempt. Gordon himself has attack go through on him, however he is lucky enough to come out with a bullet simply lodged in his arm.

Commisionner Loeb meanwhile is visited by the Joker personally. The Joker hooks Loeb up to a machine made from many of the parts seen earlier in the blackmarket exchange. He explains to Loeb that the machine will excecute him via electric shock the moment he begins to laugh. The Joker then goes through an entire stand-up routine, pulling all the stops to try and make Loeb laugh. When Loeb finally cracks the Joker notes he has somewhere else ot be and exits.

We cut to Dent and Dawes, who've just had their first official date. They're at Dent's appartment when a knock is heard on the door. Dent, busy with a phone call from Gordon to check on his condition asks Rachel to get the door. When she opens it the Joker and his dregs are standing there and the Joker promptly shoots Rachel. (Note: The Joker also has a camera hanging around his neck).

Gordon having heard this over the phone rushes to the scene. When he arrives he finds Rachel, dying on the floor and the Joker and Dent having vanished.

Wayne rushes to visit Rachel in the hospital however she's unconcious and the doctors say that they've done all they can. He stays by her bedside for a while trying to talk to her, get her to regain conciousness. However the monitor goes flat and despite the doctor's best efforts, Rachel dies. Wayne now fueled by anger. Immediately dons the suit to try and work with Gordon. The entire station is pandemonium, Loeb having been found recently, murdered in his home. Gordon despite best attempts to take charge is unable to handle the workload.

Shift to Dent. He's stuck in a cage in the abandonned carnival the Joker took over. He is led on a leash by the dregs to a ride which goes into a large building. The Joker forces him in and then moves to the operating station and Dent is forced through. As he goes through screens with the Joker's image start popping up eveywhere as the Joker sings the "Go Loony" song (from the Killing Joke). Towards the end of the ride pictures of Rachel in agony as she lies dying are brought up and Dent starts to unravel.

Wayne is in the Batcave mad as hell and stressed. Alfred comes and notes that the Bat Signal has been shone and without hesitation Bruce arrives on the scene. Gordon has received tickets from a now run down carnival (the one the Joker pruchased) with a note "Regards, The Joker." He says that it will take time to assemble a team but Batman goes off to try and stop the Joker solo.

When Batman shows, Dent is in his cage. He's shaken but appears to still be relatively stable. When he asks how Rachel is Bruce lies saying that he has no idea, not wanting to upset Dent further. The Joker then attempts to shoot Batman missing him closely and then darting into another attraction. Batman follows him in and the Joker gives a similar speech over the intercom as in the Killing Joke. Talking about how he had a bad day once, and he knows that Batman must have to dress up like a flying rat. He talks about how he was finally able to inflist the chaos that was his mind upon Gotham and how he's finally managed to prove his point, that a horrible day will ruin anybody (in reference to what he did to Dent). Throghout this ordeal Batman is forced to run through countless booby traps set for him within the attraction.

The scene culminates with Batman breaking through a warped galss wall to land on the Joker and the two fight it out with Batman winning as Gordon and the cops arrive. As he holds the Joker up for the police to take away he informs him that Dent is perfectly fine which forces the Joker to break into hysteria, saying that they didn't give him a fair chance.

As the dregs are rounded up many are noted to have been in affiliation with Cobblepot and are forced to confess as part of a plea bargain. Cobblepot is rounded up and Gordon receives a promotion to Commisionner from the mayor. Things however being to take a turn. Dent soon finds out that Rachel died and almost snaps. He sees a psychistrist who says that he's developping a schizophrenic personality form the incident. Dent begins to loath Batman for not informing him of Rachel's death while Cobblepot's thugs are murdered in their cells forcing the police to drop charges.

The film ends with Rachel's funeral, while Newspaper's flash Batman's image asking why he couldn't save the city from the Joker in time.

I apologise for the long windedness of my summary. Luckily this should be the only one which even nears this length, but it was a project which I was so incredibly enthusiastic about that once I began writing, every little plot turn made it onto the page.

Edit: Final Note, Alfred, while not specifically mentioned much throughout the script still has a large role as an extension of Bruce acting as a guide and conscience to him while also providing a fatherly figure.

Perhaps I'll write an adapted version tommorow for easier reading.

And finally I'd like to finish off with a small manip of Bettany as the Joker which I did recently, and I feel shows how he'd look best.

Last edited by Verbal Kint*: 08-23-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Old
08-23-2005, 07:12 AM
discostu

Mr. Abuse

Director: Harold Ramis

Composer: Danny Elfman

Writer: Harold Ramis

Cast:
Ewan McGregor - "Dorkus" David Orkus
Amanda Peet - Sarah
Jon Stewart - Rick
Stephen Colbert
Steve Buscemi - Bill Bibley
Ajay Naidu - Dilip Panchar
Alexandra Wentworth - David's Ex-girlfriend, Anne
Eugene Levy

Synopsis:
David Orkus, or Dorkus to most people, always been a bit of a loser. He has never been able to really stand up for himself. He's accustomed himself to take the constant insults and rage thrown at him. It bothers him, but he's never really been able to do anything about it, so he just rolls along. He receives it from his boss (Levy) and co-workers (Stewart, Colbert) working for, his girlfriend (Wentworth) and even his friends. Life's not great, but he manages. That is, until he gets laid-off from his job, thanks to being set-up by his co-worker Rick (Stewart). He comes home, to find his that his girlfriend has kicked him out of his apartment.

Having to pick up the pieces, David looks for work where he can, but without too much luck. He ends up working for Dilip Panchar, in his convenience store. Dilip is an odd man, and an enthusiastic business person. He talks constantly of all of his big ideas, and how he will be rich one day. However, he also continues to abuse poor David. After a few such incidents, Panchar remarks how good David is at taking abuse. He comes up with a business idea, called Mr. Abuse, where people can yell and take out their frustrations on him. They distrubte flyers, and run the business from out of the store, and the business starts to become a success.

One client that starts coming to him is Sarah Gill, at the urging of one of her friends. She stuck in a bad relationship with a guy who treats her badly, and it's not in her nature to take it out on anyone. It turns out, the guy is former co-worker Rick Johnson (stewart), who is unaware of the whole thing.

Meanwhile the business continues to succeed, spawning a local copycat business operated by Bill Bibly (Steve Buscemi). A loser in his own right, his competitive advantage is to offer a full service package where bodily contact is allowed. (Note: This side plot is more of an excuse to throw Buscemi in a cameo, and get some cheap laughs off Buscemi getting knocked around. It's not really integral to the plot).

Meanwhile, Mr. Abuse continues to grow, and becomes successful. The sessions with Sarah become more personal in nature, and a bond is quickly formed by the two, giving him one person in his life who treats him well. He continues with the business. One day, Rick, walking down the street with Sarah, see a flyer for Mr. Abuse right outside of Dilip's store (whose the listed contact person). Turns out that he's been much angrier now that he doesn't have David to push around anymore, and when he finds out that his favourite whipping boy is available for some verbal abuse, he decides to partake for old times sake. David refuses, standing up for himself for the first time. Rick starts yelling at him and abusing him, and David kindly reminds him that he doesn't have to take that. Sarah and Dilip both stand to his defence, another first for him. Rick, pissed off, takes a swing at him, misses, and David clocks him cold. When he comes to, Bill Bibly is there hands him a card, telling him if he ever wants to be able to beat someone up, to give him a call.

They decide to close up shop on Mr. Abuse though, as David really doesn't want to continue with this business. Dilip throws his arm over his shoulder and tells him, don't worry, he's got a thousand more ideas.

Cut to a scene a year later, with David and Dilip both in suits in a bank. The bank manager is telling them the proceeds of the sale of their latest business (insert some wacky product idea in here). He asks them what their going to do with their money. They say they have some investment opportunities that they're looking into. Cut to another scene, where we see both guys in David's old company, with his old co-workers and boss carrying their stuff out in boxes. Sarah comes in getting David to make some decisions regarding their wedding. Life is good for our heroes. Roll credits.

Last edited by discostu: 08-23-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old
08-23-2005, 07:17 AM
discostu

Quote:
I'll give it a theatre viewing, although, I debated whether or not to see it on the first day. I happen to see the BB on the first day, but that was more happenstance than anything.

I like what you did with the movie. I've always preferred Crispin Glover for the role of the Joker, but, with what you've done with the story, I can really see Bettany handling the role extremely well.

Old
08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

MoP went from 2am to 4am

None the less, Batman: return of the Knight, I'll see in the theaters on the first day even though i didn't see begins.

Mr. Abuse looks great. I don't know if I like the idea of Jon Stewart as a bad guy, but aside from that, i'll see that in the theaters. The Steve Buschemi role is brilliant.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
MoP went from 2am to 4am
I started writing at 1:40 as generally it takes about 20 or so minutes to write up a plot. I already knew most of the details in my head but didn't realise that it would take two hours to get it all onto the page.

Back in a flash with my review of Mr. Abuse.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Verbal Kint*

I'll give Mr. Abuse a Theatre viewing. I really love what you've done with the concept here and I think both of us will come out of this season extremely happy that we pulled off the season-long swap for Ramis and Judge as both seem to be much more suitable picks for our projects. To be honest, though I love the concept and especially the use of Buscemi (who would easily shine in his role) I think Stewart is miscast. Whenever he's in films he always plays the more down to earth, average joe type of guy, and whenever I see him trying to act angry, it comes out pretty poorly. To be honest I think a somewhat out of the box solution would've been Brad Pitt who despite a lacking resume in comedy, may have fit the role quite nicely if Ramis got him to play it seriously. Will Ferrell may have been another possibility but I would expect him to overact as usual in what seems a pretty deadpan comedy.

I'd finally like to note that Sarah Silverman and Steven Colbert are missing from the credits.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Moon Man*

Quote:
From the people that brought you Batman Begins

Great work, MoP. The only thing I'd add is you're a bit short on motives for Joker and Penguin, but they are inferred and easily imagined, especially for those two characters. Glad you didn't put in an origin for the Joker, although I liked the possibilities from Moores the Killing Joke (even though it's supposedly one of Mr. J's lucid fantasies). I always preferred Joker and his beginnings to be shrouded in mystery (Nicholson in Batman '89 was terrific, but as suave and meaningful as he was, I hated the invention of Jack Napier) and you've got a good balance of homicidal psychopath and twisted comedian.

...and no mention of Alfred? We all know Caine can charm the audiences out of their seats... but again, I'm sure he's linking scenes together with his witty banter.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Jesus
Great work, MoP. The only thing I'd add is you're a bit short on motives for Joker and Penguin, but they are inferred and easily imagined, especially for those two characters. Glad you didn't put in an origin for the Joker, although I liked the possibilities from Moores the Killing Joke (even though it's supposedly one of Mr. J's lucid fantasies). I always preferred Joker and his beginnings to be shrouded in mystery (Nicholson in Batman '89 was terrific, but as suave and meaningful as he was, I hated the invention of Jack Napier) and you've got a good balance of homicidal psychopath and twisted comedian.

...and no mention of Alfred? We all know Caine can charm the audiences out of their seats... but again, I'm sure he's linking scenes together with his witty banter.
I kind of felt that the Penguin and Joker shouldn't need ot spoon-feed their motives to the audience, as you said, and can be easily inferred by the audience given the types of people they are portrayed as and their work throughout the film.

As for Alfred, he's an incredibly tough part to write. Originally I meant to include a note towards the end that like in all of the other films, including Begins, Mr. Pennyworth provides a father figure to Bruce, reassuring him after Rachel's death, helping him plan out his moves, and constantly providing counsel. There aren't very many specific actions he's involved in, in that he's moreso an extension of Bruce, acting almost as a Jiminy Cricket type character who is there to guide and protect.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Douggy

Is it to late for me to be one of the people who decides whether or not he watches the Movies and TV Shows?

Old
08-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Is it to late for me to be one of the people who decides whether or not he watches the Movies and TV Shows?
Normally only participants are allowed but since we have at least three not able to participate, I can let you in. I'll drop you a PM to discuss it.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
I like what you did with the movie. I've always preferred Crispin Glover for the role of the Joker, but, with what you've done with the story, I can really see Bettany handling the role extremely well.
I figured I'd note that Glover, who in my opinion is perhaps most suitable for the role physically (though Bettany also has a striking resemblance, it seems one would be able to see Pault Bettany beneath the makeup, which kind of bothers me) is unfortunately not, in my opinion, suited well as an actor. While Glover can pull off creepy and eccentric quite well, his voice and style often resonate an almost impotent, unconfident character. The loser/nerd. Something which I feel the Joker most definitely is not.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:24 PM
discostu

Quote:
I'd finally like to note that Sarah Silverman and Steven Colbert are missing from the credits.
Thanks for your feedback, MoP. BTW, corrections have been made to the casting, with Silverman's name being in the summary because I forgot to take her out (my first choice for hte role, but she was already taken), and Colbert just a minor ommission.

As for Stewart, I'm hoping he can channel his Crossfire anger for the role.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
Thanks for your feedback, MoP. BTW, corrections have been made to the casting, with Silverman's name being in the summary because I forgot to take her out (my first choice for hte role, but she was already taken), and Colbert just a minor ommission.

As for Stewart, I'm hoping he can channel his Crossfire anger for the role.
"Think of MacGregor as Novak, Think of MacGregor as Novak, Think of MacGregor as Novak..."

Old
08-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Will Ferrell may have been another possibility but I would expect him to overact as usual in what seems a pretty deadpan comedy.
A Will Ferrell or a Vince Vaughn would be brilliant... IF this was meant to be a silly comedy.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Verbal Kint*

Alright Douggy's been brought in as a reviewer for at least this season.

Also my second project should be up some time tonight.

Edit: On second thought I need a bit more time to bulk Little Black Box out. Should be realeased tommorowish.

Last edited by Verbal Kint*: 08-24-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Old
08-24-2005, 06:44 AM
discostu

The Incumbent

Director: Alexander Payne

Writer: Aaron Sorkin

Composer: W.G. Snuffy Walden

Budget: $30 million

Category: Original

Genre: Comedy/Drama

Runtime: 115 minutes

Cast:
Macauly Culkin - Jason Forsythe
Christopher Lee - Donald McAllister
Scarlett Johansson - Denise McAllister
Dennis Quaid - Brian Edwards
Joan Cusack - Rebecca Forsythe

Synopsis:

Jason is in his last year of high school, a few months away from graduation. He lives in a moderate sized town (never specified, but a few hundred thousand people). One day, in Mr. Edwards' (Quaid) civics class, a guest speaker is brought in, Donald McAllister. The long-standing, 77
year old city councillor for their school's district. He's held the seat an astonishing 52 years. He's an institution all to himself. However, Jason is not so enanamoured with him. Like most people, Jason isn't particularly excited by local politics, but a recent curfew by-law for youth has had him recently upset.

During the speaking session, the two get into a debate on the matter. Frustrated, McAllister replies that, his track record speaks for itself, and the fact that he keeps on getting elected, and in recent years, going unoppossed in most elections, means that people like the job that he's doing.

This sparks Jason to run for councillor. The rest of the movie pits these two very opposite people in an election against each other. In the middle is Denise, Donald's granddaughter, and a classmate of Jason. There is a spark between Jason and Denise, and their is a strong bond between Denise and Donald, his only grandchild, and one of the reasons he was convinced to go along with the curfew by-law, as he often worries for her safety.

Also in the middle is Mr. Edwards. Jason has been one of his best students. Part of this is due to the lack of father figure in his life, as his father died when he was young, and has been raised by his mother on her own. Edwards is also close to McAllister, being a longstanding friend of his fathers.

As the movie progresses, the two principals gain an appreciation for each other. Jason, often getting in over his head, and begins to appreciate the importance of experience. McAllister sees the youthful enthusiasm of Forsythe, that he's lost for his job in recent years. The race gets very tight, with the two ending up very close in the polls leading up to the election, however, both are having doubts as to whether they really want the position.

The movie concludes with Forsythe dropping out of the race near the end. He realizes that he's young, and has his whole life ahead of him. He plans to go to college, and try to become a teacher. Him and Denise decide to pursue their own paths at this stage of their lives, as she decides to go away for school.

McAllister, decides that he doesn't want the position either. He's ready for retirement, realizing that his time has past. His retirement creates a by-election, where he asks Edwards to take the seat, where he wins over several other candidates. Him and Rebecca start a relationship as well. The movie ends off with Jason working part-time for Mr. Edwards in his office. Donald McAllister pops in every once in a while to provide his support.

Notes:
-This movie doesn't really offer much in the way of suprises or plot twists. It's a pretty straight forward story. It would really come down to execution, and whether you think the people involved could make it interesting.
-It's the film crew that I hope would draw people in. Payne's excellent at mining subtle humour, and Sorkin would hopefully provide a trademark sharply written script, with memorable lines, and fast pace dialogue. A big reason why I put this film together was that I wanted a showcase for a typical Sorkin film. Politics is obviously not a new arena for him, but this film focuses in on it on a much smaller scale, and not the typical White House issues he's dealt with in the West Wing or The American President.
-The cast are all respectable actors and actresses, but none should carry a high price tag. There's very few expensive set pieces to worry about, which is why I think it wouldn't really cost too much.
-The inspiration behind this film was a brief mention of story last election, with an 18 year old running against a 70-something year old. I don't even remember many of the details of the original article, but I thought such a wide age difference probably could make for some interesting contrasts.

Old
08-24-2005, 12:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Anything with Scarlett Johansson is interesting

Macauly Culkin in the lead, I don't know. I really like the story, it's interesting. I guess he can have enough on-screen presence, I keep seeing him as the party monster though

I'll give it a rental.

Closed Thread