Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Please don't invade his country! He didn't mean it! Take five deep breaths, and then DO NOT attack France!

Speaking about stereotypes: Just imagine how easily we'd rush Canada we don't even care about your apologies!

Old
04-23-2014, 10:24 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Well it's pretty subjective of course but I don't get it either. I guess it's a little bit of a culturally biased thing: Italien, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish (etc.) women tend to be more into that kind of men.

German, French, British, Scandinavian (etc.) more into the same kind of men, North-American women would prefer. At least, that's what I think it is.

Weirdly that's not the case with men: Those ethically more "southern" men seem to LOVE everything that's blond somehow. When I'm with my girlfriend at the movies, walking in the city or whatever, it's always the Turkish/Italian/Kosovo guys that offensively seem to "wanna take a nice look at her".

I often get the feeling they look at us as a couple and think about me like "Why is that pretty blond girl with that little unmuscalin looking guy and not with a real men with dark hair and a lot of chest hair like me?" .. but that's just the feeling I have, of course.

She's fit and blond.
I tend to agree. My best friend and I tend to like the same kind of men. She likes Michael Fassbender but I don't really get it. About the only thing we disagree on.

I also have a soft spot for Russian men. Not men like Ovechkin though

Old
04-23-2014, 10:25 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJet26 View Post
Portugal is full of divers (bad by even soccer standards) Can't stand them.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:28 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
I'm definately a hater. I'll admit it any day of the week

I KNOW he's the best player on earth (hands down!)... doesn't change the fact I hate him passionately

Old
04-23-2014, 10:29 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
I don't understand any woman's appeal of that man. He's not sexy.

Now Blake Wheeler is sexy. Tyler Seguin is hot. CR7 is not even on my man candy radar.
Blake is a handsome man and his wife is very attractive as well (probably the hottest Jets wife). Met Seguin a few weeks ago and I can see that......Dude is ripped as well. Most women I know (my wife, her friends, and even their moms) seem agree on David Beckham. My wife thinks Pavs is good looking and likes his accent but I told her it’s not fair to judge his looks until our defense gets better (she didn’t get it?)

Old
04-23-2014, 10:30 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:

I KNOW he's the best player on earth (hands down!)... doesn't change the fact I hate him passionately
Same here. I also hate everyone on Spain. This dates back to their 2006 game against Ukraine in which they got all the calls. It was brutal.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:31 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:

Messi says hello

Old
04-23-2014, 10:31 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
I don't understand any woman's appeal of that man. He's not sexy.

Now Blake Wheeler is sexy. Tyler Seguin is hot. CR7 is not even on my man candy radar.
My wife says she would kill me and everyone she knows to get her hands on him...so your tastes are in the large minority if you ask 100 girls you know if he is beefcake lol

pic

And as you can see by the picture he is very humble

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 04-23-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old
04-23-2014, 10:33 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Messi says hello
Messi isn't that overall perfectly rounded as CR7. The only thing he's better at is being less selfish.

Actually, I think CR7 could be even better than he is if he wouldn't care so much about being handled "unfair" and how his hair looks and looking awesome before a free-kick ...

omg his free-kicks

How can you take someone seriously that obviously makes a show out of the way he initiates a free-kick?

Old
04-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
our team looks like a safe bet on paper ... but that won't stop us from stumbling over Italy or Spain at some point because they **** their pants. Even the striker situation isn't a real problem, IMO. Spain, Barcelona and lately Bayern from time to time played with a false 9 very successfully.

We actually start to believe Löw just isn't the right person the get them to make the last, final step. He just doesn't feel like a "winner". Personally I'd really like to see Heynckes or Hitzfeld take the job after this summer (when we failed to finish the job again).

Spain and Germany, definately. Brazil will have too much pressure, IMO. I'm still not totall convinced about Neymar, TBH.

Belgium isn't just a darkhorse. They are legit contenders, IMO. Easily on the same level as Brazil and ahead of Italy, England, Portugal, Argentina IMO.
I think Belgium is ahead of them as well with all the talent they now have out of nowhere. I'm a big fan of a lot of their players. The only problem is this is their first time ever in this situation. This is the first time in history they've had a contender, usually they don't even qualify.

I don't like the Italian team and I don't think the roster is all that good either. I kind of rank them along with France, as in big name country, a couple big name players, but a poor roster. I just can't see them going that far with that lack of experience. Plus they have depth at almost every position except they have no good fullbacks. They just stick CBs out wide essentially.

I also agree about the false 9 role, but I'm not sure who should play that. I imagine Müller, Podolski, Schürrle, and Reus could fill that role. Personally I'm a big fan of Kevin Volland, but I guess they don't want to give someone that inexperienced such a big role. They've still been running out Klose in international friendlies, but I'm not sure he still has it in him.

The Brazil squad will have more pressure playing at home, but they've been good. Their play in the Confederations Cup really impressed me. Their ability as a total unit was extremely fun to watch. I watched a lot because at the time Tottenham was rumoured to be buying Paulinho (which they did).

Last edited by Sweech: 04-23-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old
04-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
"Football" or soccer or whatever it's called is filled with divers lol
There's pretty much as much diving in soccer as there is in any other sport. Hockey may be more masculine with full contact, but hockey players dive just as much as soccer players do.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:39 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Messi says hello
Im a big CR7 fan.....but I can not say he is better or worse then Messi...

It's like arguing between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini ......why bother

Very different styled players...both great in their own right IMHO

Old
04-23-2014, 10:40 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Blake is a handsome man and his wife is very attractive as well (probably the hottest Jets wife). Met Seguin a few weeks ago and I can see that......Dude is ripped as well. Most women I know (my wife, her friends, and even their moms) seem agree on David Beckham. My wife thinks Pavs is good looking and likes his accent but I told her it’s not fair to judge his looks until our defense gets better (she didn’t get it?)
His wife is gorgeous and I'd agree. She's the only one that doesn't bleach her hair blonde (unlike Buff's and Ladd's ladies). Completely jealous of her but in a good way. The only issue I have with her is her wedding dress did not suit her body type (ahem her boobs were falling out of her dress) but I'm sure Wheeler didn't give a crap what she was wearing and nor should he. David Beckham is yummy yes. I agree with Pavs being good looking. to your comment about the defense. Frolik is also a very good looking man. Must be a good generation for Czechs. They're all somewhat good looking unlike the last generation of Czech players.

Who would have thought I'd have this discussion with a bunch of straight men and not Jet

Old
04-23-2014, 10:44 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
His wife is gorgeous and I'd agree. She's the only one that doesn't bleach her hair blonde (unlike Buff's and Ladd's ladies). Completely jealous of her but in a good way. The only issue I have with her is her wedding dress did not suit her body type (ahem her boobs were falling out of her dress) but I'm sure Wheeler didn't give a crap what she was wearing and nor should he. David Beckham is yummy yes. I agree with Pavs being good looking. to your comment about the defense. Frolik is also a very good looking man. Must be a good generation for Czechs. They're all somewhat good looking unlike the last generation of Czech players.

Who would have thought I'd have this discussion with a bunch of straight men and not Jet
Frolik = Ashton Kutcher

Old
04-23-2014, 10:47 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Frolik = Ashton Kutcher

Man I need to get a boyfriend. Been far too long.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:48 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:

Man I need to get a boyfriend. Been far too long.

www.gotinder.com ?

Old
04-23-2014, 10:51 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
I don't even know what that is. I'm not into hookups unless it's some fantasy world where I'd actually get action from one of said hockey players.

I've gone on quite a few dates lately and it's all been busts. There are a ton of guys that love hockey in this city and I've gone on dates with the 5 guys in the city that don't. I've come to realize that I have to date someone that loves hockey just as much as I do otherwise it just won't work.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:54 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Im a big CR7 fan.....but I can not say he is better or worse then Messi...

It's like arguing between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini ......why bother

Very different styled players...both great in their own right IMHO
I am a Man U fan so I have a soft spot for CR7 but I totally agree with what you are saying.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
I don't even know what that is. I'm not into hookups unless it's some fantasy world where I'd actually get action from one of said hockey players.

I've gone on quite a few dates lately and it's all been busts. There are a ton of guys that love hockey in this city and I've gone on dates with the 5 guys in the city that don't. I've come to realize that I have to date someone that loves hockey just as much as I do otherwise it just won't work.
It's so funny that you need that in a man because most men here have just given up on finding a girl who likes hockey.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:

Well the Jets are out of the playoffs and we have to fill the time somehow

Old
04-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
I am a Man U fan so I have a soft spot for CR7 but I totally agree with what you are saying.
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm so happy Man U fell apart this year.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:59 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
It's so funny that you need that in a man because most men here have just given up on finding a girl who likes hockey.

Yea that is funny......my wife is great for going to most sports. We went to the US open in Tennis and she loved it......loves going to NBA games.....loved going to NFL games....is a bigger CFL fan than me......but NHL she is Meh on which is too bad.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:00 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
I'm a Man U fan too and I still hate CR7

Quote:
My ex didn't like hockey, but I was into politics then so that wasn't a big deal at the time. Ex before him was a Leafs fan

My biggest problem is I'm so shy about talking to new people unless it's about hockey or politics.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:02 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:

They'll sign Kroos and maybe Reus, both for 45 million this summer, go with Giggs and Scholes as their coaches and get back to where they belong next year.

Next year will be even more interesting in EPL: ManU will be back in the title fight, Liverpool is back in it (and will actually take it this year, IMO), Arsenal will make the next step, IMO, Chelsea and City are already in the fight anyway... Everton and Tottenham just behind hoping for every stumble to get in the top 5.

At the end, Arsenal will fail like always I'm a gunner, btw.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:03 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:

Yea when I first got into English club footie a buddy of mine was a big Gunners fan so I picked their rival so we could debate and torment. Little did I know the team I jumped on board with was so polarizing. I usually prefer underdogs (gjg). This season made me realize Alex Ferguson was special and I am glad I was around for his run.

Closed Thread