So how's the OT thread bee...

Old
04-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Sweech that makes no sense.....you seem like a hipster........Fargo is beyond classic and NCFOM is also a must see.
I want to watch Fargo this weekend. There's also a new TV show based on the movie that I want to watch (also called Fargo).

04-24-2014, 09:15 AM
chaos4

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I have a lot of movies that I haven't watched yet. Those are two of them. I spent my last weekend watching Terminator and T2, though.
If you like dark humour, check out Very Bad Things. I laugh just thinking about it.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:28 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I want to watch Fargo this weekend. There's also a new TV show based on the movie that I want to watch (also called Fargo).
The pace is different in Fargo but the fact it is based on a true story is really interesting and the characters are great. Frances McDormand was really impressive as Marge Gunderson....As usual with the Coen brothers for me its always the actors that play small roles that capture my imagination.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

I'm going to have to find Fargo now.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:41 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
If it was me I would have ripped his towel off.

Seriously though, I would have been fine. I play with mostly younger players and many, MANY hotties. Of course since I am in the locker room I see them naked, in various states of undress, and in the shower. Respectfulness is rule number one for me. I am there to play hockey first and foremost, and many of those guys are just great, stand up peeps.

However, guys... imagine if you will playing beach volleyball with 2 all women's teams. You are out there, in the sun, bumping setting and spiking and the ladies are in their bikinis. After the game, you are all all sweaty, you go to the dressing room, and they proceed to take their bikini's off, stand right in front of you buck naked just talking to you, and all shower together.

Just think about that for a minute. That is my life. If you think it's awesome, you are sadly mistaken
Yea I get that would be a bit of a "friend zone on steroids" nightmare. It was tough enough to be hetero and navigate the waters of meeting new people I can't imagine how hard it would be cutting the options AWAY down then adding the confusion of having to attempt to discover if the person you like aligns with you

Old
04-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
All this talk of Coen Brothers and no talk of "Burn After Reading"? That's my favourite Coen Bros movie. I like "Fargo" and love "The Big Lebowski" but I find BAR easily funnier than either of those. Brad Pitt and JK Simmons cracked me up so freaking much in that movie. True Grit and No Country were awesome movies as well. Coen Bros are def in my top 3-5 directors out there.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:36 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
All this talk of Coen Brothers and no talk of "Burn After Reading"? That's my favourite Coen Bros movie. I like "Fargo" and love "The Big Lebowski" but I find BAR easily funnier than either of those. Brad Pitt and JK Simmons cracked me up so freaking much in that movie. True Grit and No Country were awesome movies as well. Coen Bros are def in my top 3-5 directors out there.
Yea sorry I don't know how I could have over looked Burn after Reading. Did you ever see Miller's Crossing?

Old
04-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Ugh, I didn't like that movie. I really like John Malkovich, but that movie was just blahhh.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:50 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
So then I'm the only one that enjoyed True Grit with John Wayne more than the Coen brothers version?

Old
04-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yea sorry I don't know how I could have over looked Burn after Reading. Did you ever see Miller's Crossing?
No I have meant to but have never seen anything from Coen Bros from before Fargo (1996). So not Raising Arizona or Miller's Crossing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
So then I'm the only one that enjoyed True Grit with John Wayne more than the Coen brothers version?
Never seen the original, but I have never been a fan of John Wayne. I don't know, just never thought he was that great, which I know is like a mortal sin but meh.

My favourite John Wayne thing ever was John Wayne comments in Full Metal Jacket by Joker (can't post since NSFW). Stanley Kubrick, best director that ever lived, IMO.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:28 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
No I have meant to but have never seen anything from Coen Bros from before Fargo (1996). So not Raising Arizona or Miller's Crossing.
Miller's crossing is really cool. It is a period piece (1920's or 30's) Gangster movie pitting Irish Mob boss Albert Finney against Italian Boss John Polito. Gabriel Byrne is the main character and plays a very smart conciliari role to his Irish Mob boss Albert Finney but he is a really flawed character and he and his boss are both sleeping with the same women who has a rat brother that is always in danger.

Byrne is just brilliant in the lead but the main thing I like about Miller's Crossing is the pacing of the movie especially in the dialogue. It does a great job of knocking off Old Humphrey Bogart classic's like the Maltese falcon where the conversations cadence are very rapid and you have trouble following them. Honestly I think I am a quick study in movie plots but I couldn't keep up with Byrne's character who was always two steps ahead of everyone else. It is a very twisted fast moving plot that is tough to follow but a really fun ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJIcFMN_pc

dropped the trailer in for you.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:33 AM
chaos4

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Not the only one. Love Strother Martin.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

no clue how to get my hair cut, like what style.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post

Female beachvolleyball girls are the counterpart to male swimmers?

Like "in all female sports, beachvolleyball athletes are the most sexiest because they have the best bodies" and "in all male sports, swimmers are the most sexiest because they have the best bodies".

Still not?
Hmm, I'd say beach volleyball players have the skimpiest and most provocative attire. It highlights their ass(ets) for sure. But are those assets really superior? I'd say in general they have tall and lean body-types, because that's what the sport demands. Akin to basketball players. The average height of the top women on tour is like 5'11.

I wouldn't say the rigors of the sport are so much different (from other sports that require equivalent athleticism), so that it gives them 'better bodies'. Rather their athletic bodies are more on display than say, top skiiers. That and they are tall, and tanned.

I like tennis players myself. I'm a leg man. Also like the toned arms and shoulders. Plus on the women's tour there is this ethnic bend towards a lot of fair Russians or Eastern Europeans. Features which I find aesthetically pleasing.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:49 AM
maximus tacitus
KeepKane and CarryIn

Quote:
Miller's crossing is really cool. It is a period piece (1920's or 30's) Gangster movie pitting Irish Mob boss Albert Finney against Italian Boss John Polito. Gabriel Byrne is the main character and plays a very smart conciliari role to his Irish Mob boss Albert Finney but he is a really flawed character and he and his boss are both sleeping with the same women who has a rat brother that is always in danger.

Byrne is just brilliant in the lead but the main thing I like about Miller's Crossing is the pacing of the movie especially in the dialogue. It does a great job of knocking off Old Humphrey Bogart classic's like the Maltese falcon where the conversations cadence are very rapid and you have trouble following them. Honestly I think I am a quick study in movie plots but I couldn't keep up with Byrne's character who was always two steps ahead of everyone else. It is a very twisted fast moving plot that is tough to follow but a really fun ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJIcFMN_pc

dropped the trailer in for you.
Turturro was AMAAAAAAZING

Old
04-24-2014, 11:58 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
Never seen the original, but I have never been a fan of John Wayne. I don't know, just never thought he was that great, which I know is like a mortal sin but meh.
Around my wife, yeah, it's a mortal sin. Weird. But for me, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Never thought he was a great actor, pretty much stereotyped into a role.

I think for me it's more than remakes are seldom as good as the original and I'm not quite clear why there are so many remakes. Or maybe that they do so many of them so poorly. The Coen brother's version wasn't bad, I just never thought it was an improvement. But maybe I'm a less harsh critic of older movies and their limitations because I watched those as a little kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
I like tennis players myself. I'm a leg man. Also like the toned arms and shoulders. Plus on the women's tour there is this ethnic bend towards a lot of fair Russians or Eastern Europeans. Features which I find aesthetically pleasing.
Mmm, tennis players. I grew up playing tennis at the Canoe Club and man, those tennis skirts were short. Spectacular. All leg and leading into undergarments. For a kid going through puberty, well...

Old
04-24-2014, 12:00 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Hmm, I'd say beach volleyball players have the skimpiest and most provocative attire. It highlights their ass(ets) for sure. But are those assets really superior? I'd say in general they have tall and lean body-types, because that's what the sport demands. Akin to basketball players. The average height of the top women on tour is like 5'11.

I wouldn't say the rigors of the sport are so much different (from other sports that require equivalent athleticism), so that it gives them 'better bodies'. Rather their athletic bodies are more on display than say, top skiiers. That and they are tall, and tanned.

How dare you people question my opinions as not the only right one!!

Old
04-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:

Hell yeah for leg guys! We're a rare breed.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
How dare you people question my opinions as not the only right one!!

To each their own.

As far as male bodies (am I really saying this on the internet now? Oh whatever...), I like the bodies of MMA fighters. Lot of functional muscle and athleticism there. Wrestling and grappling disciplines, combined with footwork and stand-up disciplines, and cross-fit style tire flipping and what not, build pretty beastly physiques that aren't just for show. Sometimes, they're not aesthetically 'perfect-pretty' physiques that you would see on an A&F model or in a body-building competition; but you see physiques that demonstrate raw, all-purpose, useful, full body strength. Sort of like gymnasts, I guess. (note guys like Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt are exceptions)

Lots of messed up cauliflower ears, scars and broken noses though, amongst other injuries.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:32 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJet26 View Post
I'm going to have to find Fargo now.
three and a half hours south

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Hell yeah for leg guys! We're a rare breed.
It's a great indicator. Everything else can be faked. Yoga pants can make anyone look like J-Lo, bras can improve how everything looks, and makeup can hide a lot of things too when done right.

Can't fake legs though.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavelec4MVP View Post
three and a half hours south
The movie smart ass

Ugh my lunch isn't sitting well.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
The pace is different in Fargo but the fact it is based on a true story is really interesting and the characters are great. Frances McDormand was really impressive as Marge Gunderson....As usual with the Coen brothers for me its always the actors that play small roles that capture my imagination.
It's not really based on a true story... that was just Coen brothers humor.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/fargo.asp

Sadly a woman actually died thinking it was true.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2.../artsfeatures1

Last edited by Potrzebie: 04-24-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Closed Thread