HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect preview part deux

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2005, 12:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Prospect preview part deux

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=848

Just talks about the guys that will be in Hamilton this year and or Long Beach. Still having a hard time finding out what's up with Sanford, who I think there is a team option on him. With only Archer and Cote as our defensemen right now, I'd be shocked if they just let him go. But after a strong year in the ECHL I was surprised to see them let Shasby and Larrivee walk. Both were major factors in Long Beach's success, more so then Urquhart or Michaud imo.

Also unsure about Michaud and his contract status, but with the loss of goalies I'd assume they would bring him back, although I'd rather see Halak in Hamilton to start the year.

Last edited by montreal: 08-21-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old
08-21-2005, 12:48 PM
ControlFreak

Send a message via MSN to ControlFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal

Just talks about the guys that will be in Hamilton this year and or Long Beach. Still having a hard time finding out what's up with Sanford, who I think there is a team option on him. With only Archer and Cote as our defensemen right now, I'd be shocked if they just let him go. But after a strong year in the ECHL I was surprised to see them let Shasby and Larrivee walk. Both were major factors in Long Beach's success, more so then Urquhart or Michaud imo.

Also unsure about Michaud and his contract status, but with the loss of goalies I'd assume they would bring him back, although I'd rather see Halak in Hamitlon to start the year.
Great round-up once again!

Old
08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Also had to make a correction from the last article, I somehow forgot Grabovsky, so I just added him onto this article. Just for the record I do not expect him in Hamilton.

Old
08-21-2005, 02:02 PM
CH74

Thanks Dan, nice article. BTW, Perezhogin is not a prospect anymore? Hainsey, Hossa, Plek... I know they are bound to play in MTL this year but I still consider them prospects. Good work!

Old
08-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
great read!

Old
08-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Rolexmaster

Does anyone have a link to part 1

Old
08-21-2005, 02:53 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH74
Thanks Dan, nice article. BTW, Perezhogin is not a prospect anymore? Hainsey, Hossa, Plek... I know they are bound to play in MTL this year but I still consider them prospects. Good work!
i believe he was writing on prospects that are fresh to the farm

Old
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
august

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexmaster
Does anyone have a link to part 1
http://www.habsworld.net/article.php...64e111bb23216f

Old
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
saskhab

Quote:

Also unsure about Michaud and his contract status, but with the loss of goalies I'd assume they would bring him back, although I'd rather see Halak in Hamilton to start the year.
Michaud has played 2 of 3 years on his contract. One more year of trying to find where he misplaced his talent at 19 years old.

Aitken is now a Bulldog, so that helps sort things out over there. And, of course, Streit.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Michaud has played 2 of 3 years on his contract. One more year of trying to find where he misplaced his talent at 19 years old.

Aitken is now a Bulldog, so that helps sort things out over there. And, of course, Streit.

But Michaud was signed 3 years ago. Christian Larrivee was in the same boat. He played 2 of his 3 year contract but was signed 3 years ago. Aitken wasn't that impressive from what I recall, hope he has improved on his game from last year. Streit will be a HAB!

Old
08-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:

I think Streit signed a one way deal.

Old
08-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Capitano

Quote:
But Michaud was signed 3 years ago. Christian Larrivee was in the same boat. He played 2 of his 3 year contract but was signed 3 years ago. Aitken wasn't that impressive from what I recall, hope he has improved on his game from last year. Streit will be a HAB!
Streit will be a hab eh? If you had to compare him to an established NHL d-man, who would you compare him to?

Cap

Old
08-23-2005, 12:10 AM
superstar436

the guy I am interested in is Maxim Lapierre. After kosty, danis, and halak, I want him to make the team because we want his type of game night in and out. I am just dissapointed with him and urguhart as they were 2 round pics and lapierre is projected to be a 4th liner and urqu will most likely never make nhl

Old
08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Michaud wasn't in the same boat, he signed in Sept. 2001, which was actually 4 years ago, as an 18 year old. Larrivee's contract kicked in as soon as he signed it, since he was 20 years old. He went back to the Q as an overager, not as a junior, so his contract for the year was voided (as far as I understand it). Both for 2001-02 and 2002-03, Michaud was a junior, and could be returned to his junior club without voiding any years from his contract.

Michaud isn't listed on any official listing of free agents, most notably NHL.com's. He's still under contract for one more year.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:49 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Waseem, I completely agree with you, and I've said as much several times in this forum to date. However, I'm tempering my enthusiasm for Lapierre with the reality that there are quite a few players ahead of him in the depth chart, and the fact that "Lappy" has really just begun his career as a pro. The reports about him as a junior started as a smallish [6'1", 180 lbs] offense-only oriented forward who underachived a little in his draft year, and progressed to a very good, pro-sized [6'2", 205 lbs] 2-way player who excelled at checking the opposition, trash talking to them to the point of throwing off their game [ie. super-pest], who contributes a little on offense, since he averaged a little under a point a game. I think the Habs have the makings of another Begin-like player, a guy who will excell on the 4th line due to his tenaciousness, speed, and intangible "pest" abilities, while still providing a little offence when given the chance. Those are qualities that can provide a spark to the rest of the team when it's needed, while not hurting the team defensively by allowing the opposition to score. For now, his place on the 4th line with the Habs will likely be taken by someone like Perezhogin, Hossa, or Higgins. In the future, we may see a very effective fourth line of Begin, Higgins & Lapierre, one that may remind us of the old Tremblay-Risebrough-Lambert combination that worked so well for the Hab during their 70's glory days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem
the guy I am interested in is Maxim Lapierre. After kosty, danis, and halak, I want him to make the team because we want his type of game night in and out. I am just dissapointed with him and urguhart as they were 2 round pics and lapierre is projected to be a 4th liner and urqu will most likely never make nhl

Old
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Michaud wasn't in the same boat, he signed in Sept. 2001, which was actually 4 years ago, as an 18 year old. Larrivee's contract kicked in as soon as he signed it, since he was 20 years old. He went back to the Q as an overager, not as a junior, so his contract for the year was voided (as far as I understand it). Both for 2001-02 and 2002-03, Michaud was a junior, and could be returned to his junior club without voiding any years from his contract.

Michaud isn't listed on any official listing of free agents, most notably NHL.com's. He's still under contract for one more year.

Makes sense. I didn't know there was a difference between players signed at 18 and 20. I figured since both only played two seasons in the ECHL and one year in the QMJHL after signing, then Michaud must need to be signed to. But I just figured they would resign him since we are short on goalies until Huet gets back.

To the other posters, Streit signed a two way deal, all first contracts have to be two way now. I don't know what defensemen I would compare him to but he did remind me a bit of Markov but without the offensive flash. And Lapierre is one of my favorite prospects, I assume he makes the Dogs roster and should be a fan favorite. I also agree with habscout, I see Lapierre in the mold of Begin but a better skater and more speed with hopefully more offense.

Closed Thread