HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Best Coast Hockey - Mock Draft: Non-playoff teams

Old
05-09-2014, 05:31 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Best Coast Hockey - Mock Draft: Non-playoff teams

Best Coast Hockey take a crack at the top 13 picks in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. We're a new blog so any and all feedback is welcomed!

1. Florida Panthers – Aaron Ekblad D (Barrie Colts, OHL)

The Panthers take the best player available in the draft. When picking first overall this should always be a team’s M.O. and with the Panthers last few picks used for help upfront there’s even more logic to the choice.

2. Buffalo Sabres – Sam Reinhart C (Kootenay Ice, WHL)

Reinhart has the highest Hockey IQ in the draft and the Sabres pick the player who makes those around him better, and will become the teams future #1 Centre.. He may even be able to jump straight to the NHL next season.

3. Edmonton Oilers – Leon Draisaitl C/LW (Prince Albert Raiders, WHL)

Many will tell you the Oilers really wanted Ekblad, and they did just not as bad as others think, as their prospect pool strength is actually on Defence. They pick for size here in Draisaitl. Expect this pick to be heavily shopped.

4. Calgary Flames – Sam Bennet C (Kingston Frontenacs, OHL)

Expect new GM Brad Treliving to sprint to the stage to take Bennet. He’s got a boatload of skill and enough truculence to thrill Treliving’s boss Brian Burke.

5. NY Islanders – Michael Dal Colle LW (Oshawa Generals, OHL)

Will the Isles even keep this pick? The recent trade for Halak indicates they don’t play on being a lottery team next year. So we’ll bet they keep it and take the big sniper to eventually play alongside John Tavares.

Click the link below to see the rest of our projected picks:

http://bestcoasthockey.wordpress.com...ock-draft-1-0/

Thanks for taking the time to have a read.

-BCH

Last edited by hollywood99: 05-10-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Updated title
hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 01:33 PM
TanksPavs
McGretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood99 View Post
Best Coast Hockey take a crack at the top 13 picks in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. We're a new blog so any and all feedback is welcomed!

1. Florida Panthers – Aaron Ekblad D (Barrie Colts, OHL)

The Panthers take the best player available in the draft. When picking first overall this should always be a team’s M.O. and with the Panthers last few picks used for help upfront there’s even more logic to the choice.

2. Buffalo Sabres – Sam Reinhart C (Kootenay Ice, WHL)

Reinhart has the highest Hockey IQ in the draft and the Sabres pick the player who makes those around him better, and will become the teams future #1 Centre.. He may even be able to jump straight to the NHL next season.

3. Edmonton Oilers – Leon Draisaitl C/LW (Prince Albert Raiders, WHL)

Many will tell you the Oilers really wanted Ekblad, and they did just not as bad as others think, as their prospect pool strength is actually on Defence. They pick for size here in Draisaitl. Expect this pick to be heavily shopped.

4. Calgary Flames – Sam Bennet C (Kingston Frontenacs, OHL)

Expect new GM Brad Treliving to sprint to the stage to take Bennet. He’s got a boatload of skill and enough truculence to thrill Treliving’s boss Brian Burke.

5. NY Islanders – Michael Dal Colle LW (Oshawa Generals, OHL)

Will the Isles even keep this pick? The recent trade for Halak indicates they don’t play on being a lottery team next year. So we’ll bet they keep it and take the big sniper to eventually play alongside John Tavares.

Click the link below to see the rest of our projected picks:

http://bestcoasthockey.wordpress.com...ock-draft-1-0/

Thanks for taking the time to have a read.

-BCH
as a Jets fan, I would love this. Also, I like the picks for the other teams. Good mock.

TanksPavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 01:48 PM
canucks10

I'd say just about every pick here makes sense

canucks10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Chan790

I think the order is right, but if it falls that way, I think the Canes probably move back to get their guy...or take him at that spot even if a reach.

It's nothing but a hunch but I suspect have no interest in Ehlers.

Chan790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Gillies32
Unsustainable

vCash: 896
nice mock

Gillies32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 05:02 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

I'm not so sure you guys understand how mock comments work, where's all the hate? All these compliments are throwing me off! hahaha

But seriously thanks for the compliments. Hopefully you'll keep tabs on Best Coast as we'll be writing plenty more articles leading up to the draft.

cheers!

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote