HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Proposal: Colorado Avalanche - New York Islanders

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2005, 10:02 PM
RoyIsALegend*

vCash: 500
Proposal: Colorado Avalanche - New York Islanders

Colorado trades:

F Dan Hintote($0.64 M)
D Kurt Sauer($0.72 M)
2005 COL 4th round pick

Total salary: $1.36 M

Islanders trade:

F Mark Parrish(unsigned)

---

The Islanders have many RFAs still left unsigned, with Rick Dipietro being the most notable.

They have 5 capable defensemen under contract, since I don't consider Joel Bouchard dependable whatsoever. Adding Kurt Sauer brings them a young, physical blueliner who can play a simple game. The knock on Sauer is his inconsistency at times, and the Islanders would have to think Sauer will return to his form of 2002/03 with the Anaheim 'Cup run. Dan Hinote is expendable for the Avalanche with Ian Laperriere, Brad May and Cody McCormick all under contract.

Thoughts?

Realistic or no?

Old
08-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Colorado trades:

F Dan Hintote($0.64 M)
D Kurt Sauer($0.72 M)
2005 COL 4th round pick

Islanders trade:

F Mark Parrish(unsigned)

---

The Islanders have many RFAs still left unsigned, with Rick Dipietro being the most notable.

They have 5 capable defensemen under contract, since I don't consider Joel Bouchard dependable whatsoever. Adding Kurt Sauer brings them a young, physical blueliner who can play a simple game. The knock on Sauer is his inconsistency at times, and the Islanders would have to think Sauer will return to his form of 2002/03 with the Anaheim 'Cup run. Dan Hinote is expendable for the Avalanche with Ian Laperriere, Brad May and Cody McCormick all under contract.

Thoughts?

Realistic or no?
Sauer? Physical?

Old
08-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Duckman

Appreciate the generous offer but no thanks. Parrish is a pretty nice player and should fit into the Islanders future. Sauer, though with good size, is not the banger the Isles would like on the blue line and Hinote is just another 4th line type grinder.

Old
08-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Peter Griffin

So a 4th liner and a 6th d-man for a gritty 20-30 goal scorer? It will take more than that.

Old
08-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Beef03

I think Colorado is giving up way too much for Parrish. For a team that itself has cap problems I don't see them giving up on two cheaper players, especially when one of them (Hinote) will probably be asked to step up and he will deliver. He has had to live in the shadows of a lot oof great forwards in Colorado, now is his turn to shine for a relatively cheap price for the Avs.

Old
08-21-2005, 10:27 PM
PapaBear*

I say Hahl, Sauer and 3rd for Parrish.

Old
08-21-2005, 10:29 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Colorado trades:

F Dan Hintote($0.64 M)
D Kurt Sauer($0.72 M)
2005 COL 4th round pick

Islanders trade:

F Mark Parrish(unsigned)

---

Thoughts?

Realistic or no?
pass.

where do you get the idea that the nyi have many rfas left to sign?

http://www.forecaster.ca/demo/hockey/news.cgi?notebook

ISLANDERS
Cap Status: $29.5 million
To Do: GM Mike Milbury has already made a big splash in the off-season but some housekeeping remains. Unsigned Goalie Rick DiPietro doesn't have much bargaining leverage and the Isles appear poised for hardball. RFAs Shawn Bates and Mark Parrish haven't signed either.

game reports

Old
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
fcbarcelona

no thanks. ive got a gut feel that sauer's going to be converted to the forward position given that quenneville hinted he liked having defensive depth on the team (in 1996) when klemm who could play forward from time to time. so i think colorado won't be making any trades to get rid of excess defensemen. its a nice problem to have.

Old
08-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Jones23

Parrish I hope will be signed long term!...He's exactly the type of player the Isles will need if they trade him away.At 28,Parrish is in the prime of his career and has developed an all around game.His toughness along the boards,and skills in front of the net will be needed more with the departure of Scatchard.

I hope the Isles value Parrish alot higher than the deals offered in this thread?

Old
08-21-2005, 11:30 PM
LetsGoIslanders

How about:

John-Michael Liles and Antti Laaksonen for Mark Parrish and a 2nd round pick

Old
08-21-2005, 11:39 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones23
Parrish I hope will be signed long term!...He's exactly the type of player the Isles will need if they trade him away.At 28,Parrish is in the prime of his career and has developed an all around game.His toughness along the boards,and skills in front of the net will be needed more with the departure of Scatchard.

I hope the Isles value Parrish alot higher than the deals offered in this thread?

Jones23 I'm hoping the lack of news on Parrish's new contract,means they're working on a multi yr deal.

with Gagne signing for $2m and Gomez signing for $2.2m,I'd think the bar for Parrish was set.

Old
08-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
no thanks. ive got a gut feel that sauer's going to be converted to the forward position given that quenneville hinted he liked having defensive depth on the team (in 1996) when klemm who could play forward from time to time. so i think colorado won't be making any trades to get rid of excess defensemen. its a nice problem to have.
Last I recall, Sauer had absolutely no offensive ability at all. That makes no sense, either.

Old
08-21-2005, 11:46 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf
Last I recall, Sauer had absolutely no offensive ability at all. That makes no sense, either.
Klemm had little offensive talent to offer either. You don't need to be offensively talented to be a winger. If that was the case, there'd be a lot of NHL forwards without jobs.

Old
08-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Beef03

Quote:
Klemm had little offensive talent to offer either. You don't need to be offensively talented to be a winger. If that was the case, there'd be a lot of NHL forwards without jobs.

Case in point: Lance Ward with the Ducks *converted from D-man to winger, scored 4 assists in 46 games last season.

Old
08-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Maggle Cole
VINTAGE WWE APP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef03
Case in point: Lance Ward with the Ducks *converted from D-man to winger, scored 4 assists in 46 games last season.
Mathieu Biron played LW last season for the Panthers and he can't do much of anything.

Eric Messier also switches from LW to D and vice versa, neither of which are offensive players.

It's pretty much a matter of, do you ice a crappy forward, or a average 3rd defensemen?

Old
08-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Yeah, but in Sauer's case, the only thing he can do is be in good defensive position. Im not sure that helps if he's a forward.

Old
08-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

The Isles should either sign Parrish longterm, move him for prospects, or move him in a deal for short-term defensive help (like Witt).

As for this deal, I'd probably suggest that the Avs keep Sauer, and we'll offer a pick or prospect for Hinote.

Sauer, IMO, is not going to be of any interest. Sauer is mpt an upgrade over what they have. I'm not sure he is a huge downgrade either, but won't improve the situation at all.

I'm not sure what RFAs that RIAL is talking about. Other than Parrish and Dipietro, there is not a whole lot left.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 08-22-2005 at 01:48 AM.
Old
08-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoIslanders
How about:

This one sounds better , but i really dont know much about Sauer so i can't say for sure RIL proposal is fair enough .

Maybe some fans that see the Avs often can give some input about Sauer ?

Old
08-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Lets just say this about Sauer: The Isles have a defense that I would personally consider to be in the bottom third of the league. Despite the lack of depth on our defense, Sauer would be no better than 6 or 7 in our pecking order.

Bascially, I think a lot of posters are expected to steal Parrish on some kind of salary dump. I really don't know what the Isles are going to do next, but I don't think Mark is going to be had that easily.

Old
08-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoIslanders
How about:

No way, the Avs would never do this. Liles is a great bargain right now at the league minimum. If the "new NHL" is all they are saying it will be, the value of a young defensemen with his skills is huge. Laaksonen is a bargain as well, a solid defensive forward with great speed making just 646,000.

Old
08-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy
No way, the Avs would never do this. Liles is a great bargain right now at the league minimum. If the "new NHL" is all they are saying it will be, the value of a young defensemen with his skills is huge. Laaksonen is a bargain as well, a solid defensive forward with great speed making just 646,000.
Yup. In all honesty, I think that deal favors the Isles as much as the original deal favors the Avs.

Old
08-22-2005, 02:31 AM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf
Yeah, but in Sauer's case, the only thing he can do is be in good defensive position. Im not sure that helps if he's a forward.
it helps if there are a number of injuries

Old
08-22-2005, 05:34 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef03
I think Colorado is giving up way too much for Parrish. For a team that itself has cap problems I don't see them giving up on two cheaper players, especially when one of them (Hinote) will probably be asked to step up and he will deliver. He has had to live in the shadows of a lot oof great forwards in Colorado, now is his turn to shine for a relatively cheap price for the Avs.
Colorado giving up to much Yeah they are giving a replacable 3rd/4th line energy player ( thats it just an energy player,and decent defensivly ) along with a defenseman on a team that got one to many, and probably , possibly going to move on and a 4th to NYI for parrish a top 6 foward who can net 25 goals a season, i think NYI gets ripped, no matter how much I hate the Isles they do loose here.

And wheni saw the proposal I knew it would be for Hinote for the simple fact that it was posted on the Isles board to try to get Hinote, and my piece of advice was why trade a player for the guy when Hinote is only worth a 4th rounder, 3rd if they ( COL ) are Lucky.

How about this deal:

To NYI:Hinote,Sauer
To Col:4th rounder and one of Mapletoft or Papineau

I think the deal helps the Isles not sure about Colorado

Old
08-22-2005, 06:44 AM
KH1

As much as I love Parrish I would pull the trigger on Liles and Laaksonen because Liles is a great young defenseman who is only getting better and Laaksonen is a very valuable lower lines player in his own right.

I think that a lot of people are underrating Mark Parrish. He's proven that he can score 25 goals consistently, but should be good for 30. Plus he doesn't cost a lot and he plays a gritty game. Not to ***** and moan, but if he played for the Habs he'd be considered easily among the best players on the market.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:45 AM
davalanche96

Quote:
Colorado trades:

F Dan Hintote($0.64 M)
D Kurt Sauer($0.72 M)
2005 COL 4th round pick

Islanders trade:

F Mark Parrish(unsigned)

---

Thoughts?

Realistic or no?

If they are not happy with that good trade...maybe we can keep Sauer and just include Boughner...

Closed Thread