HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #2 |Flyers at Rangers | Sun., Apr. 20, 2014 |12:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2014, 01:14 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Why the **** is he playing?
cause Mason is obviously not ready

Regardless of who is in net, this team needs to manufacture more offensive chances if they want to win

Old
04-19-2014, 01:15 PM
TheLegendkiller

Omg, the humanity. The Flyers will never win this series. They can't. None of us should even bother watching the rest of he games. Nobody can play against a team like the Rangers, Giroux is too easy to beat, Schenn sucks, none of the Flyers can win boards battles, they can't win in MSG. This sucks. Why did they have to face the Rangers, why couldn't we tanked to face the Pens? We're not close to a hockey team and Berube is a terrible coach that doesn't have a ****ing clue how to do anything. Holmgren built a terrible roster that doesn't fit. Rangers will sweep us. NY in 4.

This is how ****ing pathetic some of you sound.

Old
04-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Well this sucks.

Old
04-19-2014, 01:21 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Omg, the humanity. The Flyers will never win this series. They can't. None of us should even bother watching the rest of he games. Nobody can play against a team like the Rangers, Giroux is too easy to beat, Schenn sucks, none of the Flyers can win boards battles, they can't win in MSG. This sucks. Why did they have to face the Rangers, why couldn't we tanked to face the Pens? We're not close to a hockey team and Berube is a terrible coach that doesn't have a ****ing clue how to do anything. Holmgren built a terrible roster that doesn't fit. Rangers will sweep us. NY in 4.

This is how ****ing pathetic some of you sound.
It's tough to argue against it at this point. They know how to beat us. How to stop G. And we don't have a goalie that can make up the difference while they have the best goalie in the league

Old
04-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Roman Reigns

It's not like Emery even played bad you guys. Come on now. Ya can't score, you won't win. I think they can pull another solid start from Ray. It's not ideal, but it's the hand we've been dealt.

Old
04-19-2014, 01:25 PM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
ugh.. well that pretty much cements an early summer of no hockey..

sorry but Emery aint carrying this team throu this series, he just isnt..

sounds like by the time Mason gets back it'll be wayyy to late in this lopsided series
Could really turn into a short playoff appearance for Mason and imagine the pressure if he comes back in a do-or-die kind of game in the worst case.

The Flyers have to find a way to solve the Rangers as a team. Compete with them at the same level, get more than 15 shots on goal to start with, grind them down if need be...

Old
04-19-2014, 01:47 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
It's tough to argue against it at this point. They know how to beat us. How to stop G. And we don't have a goalie that can make up the difference while they have the best goalie in the league

Its just so whiney and "the world is ending" which is such a bad mentality to have. I hope that for the teams sake they see things a lot differently. I don't know how people can enjoy games with this thought process. They're not going to lose to the soft ass NY Rangers, I'll guarantee that.

Old
04-19-2014, 01:50 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

One change that should be made is Grossmann out and put Gill in I don't think Grossmann is 100% health wise Gill looked good in the last 2 gms he played

Old
04-19-2014, 01:52 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
One change that should be made is Grossmann out and put Gill in I don't think Grossmann is 100% health wise Gill looked good in the last 2 gms he played
Grossmann has been walking around in a boot for the past 2 months or so

he's definitely not 100%

Old
04-19-2014, 01:55 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Its just so whiney and "the world is ending" which is such a bad mentality to have. I hope that for the teams sake they see things a lot differently. I don't know how people can enjoy games with this thought process. They're not going to lose to the soft ass NY Rangers, I'll guarantee that.
I hope so. I agree the rangers aren't that great. They just play us so well. G so well

Old
04-19-2014, 01:57 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Grossmann has been walking around in a boot for the past 2 months or so

he's definitely not 100%
If thats the case why not play Gill not fast but big body good stick and postion and he will clear the front of the net

Old
04-19-2014, 01:58 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Emery had a good first game. The Flyers just have to remember to clear the puck and not let cross crease passes through.

Berube needs to put Giroux's line out there as much as possible when the puck is in play to mix things up. The Rangers got their matchups basically through out the whole game.

Old
04-19-2014, 02:00 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Forwards defense and the coaches need to be better tomorrow Emery wasn't the reason we lost.

Old
04-19-2014, 02:15 PM
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

Everyone saying Emery wasn't the reason we lost.

This is true, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he played well, I thought he played pretty average, he made the saves he was supposed to make. It just seems like he played well because our expectations of him are so unbelievably low...

It stings pretty bad that Masons not in for Game 2, but you work with what you get. The team needs to pull together and stop giving away dumb PPs. The problem is the Rangers are so soft any minor thing the Flyers do looks like a penalty.

Everyone needs to step it up for Game 2, and I want to see Akeson back out there. I haven't lost hope. COME ON FLYERS!

Old
04-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Could really turn into a short playoff appearance for Mason and imagine the pressure if he comes back in a do-or-die kind of game in the worst case.

The Flyers have to find a way to solve the Rangers as a team. Compete with them at the same level, get more than 15 shots on goal to start with, grind them down if need be...
im wondering if they are shielding him from that scenario..

if we lose to the Rags on Sunday, im wondering if we even see Mason this seires..

it would be a less then ideal scenario to bring him in cold for a series thats in full tilit mode...and he certainly doesnt need to be backed against the wall like that..

i say if we go down 2-0, then just ride it out with Emery. let Mason get ready for next season...

Old
04-19-2014, 02:25 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

There's no way Mason will be happy if he's cleared to return and isn't back between the pipes

Old
04-19-2014, 02:29 PM
dats81

Quote:

if we lose to the Rags on Sunday, im wondering if we even see Mason this seires..

it would be a less then ideal scenario to bring him in cold for a series thats in full tilit mode...and he certainly doesnt need to be backed against the wall like that..

i say if we go down 2-0, then just ride it out with Emery. let Mason get ready for next season...
If he gets cleared to play he will play. This is pro sports. You field the best team and don't care about possible hurt feelings or how a particular game may or may not shatter someones confidence just in case...

Old
04-19-2014, 02:32 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
If he gets cleared to play he will play. This is pro sports. You field the best team and don't care about possible hurt feelings or how a particular game may or may not shatter someones confidence just in case...
exactly

Old
04-19-2014, 02:32 PM
tsquad

Quote:

What is wrong with you people? If you are a WINNER you feed off of situations like this. I, for one, would rather see Mason come in (IF we go down 2-0) and go full beast mode, or fail trying. "He doesn't need to be backed against the wall like that" **** that - he is a professional athlete and if he decides or our coach decides to not play him because he doesn't "need" the pressure then that's just insane. You play to win.

Old
04-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Holy moly; few things are worse than when Howard eskin tries to talk like he knows something about hockey.

Some of the talking points;
Claude Giroux doesn't score many goals
He's an ok player, but not a superstar
He's the best player in the flyers and that's all
He's not a player than can carry a team
He's not good in the playoffs

Aaaaaand now I'm listening to music instead
I've pretty much given up on Sports radio. I used to listen to it all the time, but there are too many idiots who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Music is definitely the better choice.

Old
04-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Snipsnap12

To pull some positives.

The flyers had probably one of their worst games I have watched in a long time and were in the game until the double minor, they had no zone time, no puck possession, no offensive zone starts, yet it was still tied. .

Manufacture some more chances, start skating. Lundqvist is good, but he can be rattled.

C'mon guys they win this game tomorrow and it's 1-1 coming back to Philly with momentum, lets not bury them yet.

Old
04-19-2014, 02:49 PM
TheLegendkiller

I agree. Even though the rangers had more shots, they didn't have many high quality ones until the third. They were shots from bad angles and on the rush. They were kept to the outside a lot.

Old
04-19-2014, 02:58 PM
mantis toboggan

Maybe Berube should try to not tell the entire world our game plan this time, that might help at least a little....

And for all the people saying it doesn't matter whose in net, It absolutely does. Mason gives us the best chance to win. You won't see emery making saves he shouldn't be making like mason has the ability to do. Notice how every goal last game except the first one was a wide open net. He cant move east west fast enough because of his zombie hips.

If we're going to win this game tomorrow we need to up our puck possession big time. The rangers cannot have as the puck as much as they did last game. Get the puck to the point and crank some clappers on net with traffic in front screening lundy. Look how our only goal was scored last game.

I'm confident the boys will come out with a better effort tomorrow. However if we can't get the win we are perfectly capable of coming back from a 2-0 deficit, especially going back home for the next few games. It's a long series and hopefully mason will be back for game 3. I for one can't wait to see the WFC rocking on Tuesday

Old
04-19-2014, 03:00 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I agree. Even though the rangers had more shots, they didn't have many high quality ones until the third. They were shots from bad angles and on the rush. They were kept to the outside a lot.
The shot chart shows other wise, all their goals were around the net along with a good amount of shots total.

Lundqvist had to make 1 tough save all night with the odd man rush from Couturier & Read, 1 prime chance out of 15 shots is terrible. He probably should have had MacDonald's goal but it didn't really matter since he didn't really face much after that in terms of shots & quality.

The Flyers got outplayed badly, there's really no way of getting around it.

Old
04-19-2014, 03:16 PM
SAINDON

Call me what you want, but I'm not excited that a Emery is starting game 2. Also winning this series gets harder the more games he plays. Emery east to west is horrendous and a liability.

But, it really doesn't matter who is in between the pipes if we only get 15 shots per game with 1 of them in the 3rd period. There were plenty of rebounds to be had, but no one was there.

Closed Thread