HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #2 |Flyers at Rangers | Sun., Apr. 20, 2014 |12:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2014, 03:20 PM
blinds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Omg, the humanity. The Flyers will never win this series. They can't. None of us should even bother watching the rest of he games. Nobody can play against a team like the Rangers, Giroux is too easy to beat, Schenn sucks, none of the Flyers can win boards battles, they can't win in MSG. This sucks. Why did they have to face the Rangers, why couldn't we tanked to face the Pens? We're not close to a hockey team and Berube is a terrible coach that doesn't have a ****ing clue how to do anything. Holmgren built a terrible roster that doesn't fit. Rangers will sweep us. NY in 4.

This is how ****ing pathetic some of you sound.
Sounds about right. We got dominated in every aspect from coaching to goaltending to special teams and we're playing a goalie that is borderline NHL against arguably the best in the world. What was it, 35-13 in shots?

What positives are there to take? MacD got a lucky goal I guess, that's cool we didn't get shutout.

This looks exactly like the Devils series except at least we eked out an OT win in game 1 in that one.

Old
04-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
Sounds about right. We got dominated in every aspect from coaching to goaltending to special teams and we're playing a goalie that is borderline NHL against arguably the best in the world. What was it, 35-13 in shots?

What positives are there to take? MacD got a lucky goal I guess, that's cool we didn't get shutout.
And they were still in the game until the double minor.... They can't fathomably play any worse, so hopefully they get their game going

Old
04-19-2014, 03:28 PM
StandingCow

Damnit... no Mason.

Old
04-19-2014, 03:31 PM
flyersgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Damnit... no Mason.
uggh. My hate for the Penguins has reached a record high right now. The Flyers better play better than they did in game 1.

Old
04-19-2014, 03:37 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post

This looks exactly like the Devils series except at least we eked out an OT win in game 1 in that one.
Okay? Is last Saturday the same as this Saturday? No. Its not the devils series so that **** doesn't matter. I guarantee you nobody in that locker room is even remotely thinking about that series. Past is past.

I hope you weren't agreeing with my "freak out" post. And who gives a **** what happened Thursday. Thursday is in the past. Focusing on what happened Thursday is how you lose Sunday.

Old
04-19-2014, 03:41 PM
LI Fly Guy

You're not in any trouble until you lose a home game. Although losing tomorrow would mean we'd have to take 4 out of 5. One shift one game at a time. I've learned to never count this team out. Win tomorrow and we go home with a lot of momentum. Let's go!

Old
04-19-2014, 03:59 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The shot chart shows other wise, all their goals were around the net along with a good amount of shots total.

Lundqvist had to make 1 tough save all night with the odd man rush from Couturier & Read, 1 prime chance out of 15 shots is terrible. He probably should have had MacDonald's goal but it didn't really matter since he didn't really face much after that in terms of shots & quality.

The Flyers got outplayed badly, there's really no way of getting around it.
That's how the chart looked. But no question they took shots from way out most of the time. Especially early when it was close.

Old
04-19-2014, 04:04 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipsnap12 View Post
To pull some positives.

The flyers had probably one of their worst games I have watched in a long time and were in the game until the double minor, they had no zone time, no puck possession, no offensive zone starts, yet it was still tied. .

Manufacture some more chances, start skating. Lundqvist is good, but he can be rattled.

C'mon guys they win this game tomorrow and it's 1-1 coming back to Philly with momentum, lets not bury them yet.
Yea but I think why we are all down is that this may be the worst game in a long time. But the last time was also likely against the rangers. Etc.

Some facts on philly.com

G has 5 shotless games in 83 games played---3 are against the rangers.

Mcd was on the ice for 21 of G 23 shifts.

We all know as G goes the flyers go

Last edited by TheKingPin: 04-19-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old
04-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Akanon

Homer on Akeson:
I liked Jason was one of our better forwards in the game the other night and for a first Playoff game that was pretty good for a young kid. Obviously he took the penalty that led to two goals but I thought he played a good game and I expect him to play another good game tomorrow.

Old
04-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Anthems

vCash: 102
Having no Mason is crippling our chances of winning this series. I have zero faith in Emery.

Old
04-19-2014, 04:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
That's how the chart looked. But no question they took shots from way out most of the time. Especially early when it was close.
I'm confused are you saying the chart is inaccurate or something? It's pretty clear on there that a good chunk of the shots are in around the goal & slot including all 4 goals.

Old
04-19-2014, 04:38 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthems View Post
Having no Mason is crippling our chances of winning this series. I have zero faith in Emery.
he didn't have a bad game one, which makes him due

it is what it is

Old
04-19-2014, 04:40 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post

Homer on Akeson:
I liked Jason was one of our better forwards in the game the other night and for a first Playoff game that was pretty good for a young kid. Obviously he took the penalty that led to two goals but I thought he played a good game and I expect him to play another good game tomorrow.
Voice of reason. Really good to hear, and I'm glad he understands that "it's just one of those things".

Old
04-19-2014, 04:44 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Good to hear that he's coming back.

Old
04-19-2014, 04:47 PM
dats81

Homer is no moron and he got eyes in his head to see and he can tell good from bad players... at least most of the time.

Akeson was one of a few players who showed up to play and played his heart out. Not much thinking, just skate and produce, maybe due to adrenalin and youth but man I wish more players would bring that kind of effort! Beat the Rags or die trying out there!

Old
04-19-2014, 05:01 PM
CerpinTaxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea but I think why we are all down is that this may be the worst game in a long time. But the last time was also likely against the rangers. Etc.

Some facts on philly.com

G has 5 shotless games in 83 games played---3 are against the rangers.

Mcd was on the ice for 21 of G 23 shifts.

We all know as G goes the flyers go
If youre saying MacDonald is the reason why Giroux didnt get any shots in game 1, you might as well say that he shouldnt be playing with Hartnell and Voracek anymore. They are his linemates and didnt help him generate any shots either.

Old
04-19-2014, 05:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
If youre saying MacDonald is the reason why Giroux didnt get any shots in game 1, you might as well say that he shouldnt be playing with Hartnell and Voracek anymore. They are his linemates and didnt help him generate any shots either.
He's talking about Ryan McDonagh for the Rangers, him & Dan Girardi have been going up against Giroux's line all season long.

Old
04-19-2014, 05:07 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
Pretty sure that's referring to the McD who plays for the Rangers. Not the one that plays for the Flyers.

Old
04-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

McD = Rangers

MacD = Flyers

Old
04-19-2014, 05:19 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

I'm happy to see Akeson will be in the lineup again. I expect him to be playing with a chip on his shoulder and with something to prove.

Old
04-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Qyburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersgal View Post
uggh. My hate for the Penguins has reached a record high right now.
There's no way that **** is going unavenged. No way. If he's not on their team next year, find someone else. Too bad.

Old
04-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Garbage Goal

I see a certain someone is back to pretend he's better then everyone else.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a win here. Nothing else to say really. We weren't favorites to win this going into it now were down a game we got pretty dominated in. So a loss would make things feel really hopeless here. Gotta play a smart, rigid, disciplined game because the Rangers aren't a team you can beat trying to shove and chirp around or get away with poor defense (as opposed to the Pens).

Old
04-19-2014, 06:03 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
There's no way that **** is going unavenged. No way. If he's not on their team next year, find someone else. Too bad.
while they would never admit it ...every player on pens is happy he did it.only way they can knock us out of the playoffs.

Old
04-19-2014, 06:05 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I see a certain someone is back to pretend he's better then everyone else.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a win here. Nothing else to say really. We weren't favorites to win this going into it now were down a game we got pretty dominated in. So a loss would make things feel really hopeless here. Gotta play a smart, rigid, disciplined game because the Rangers aren't a team you can beat trying to shove and chirp around or get away with poor defense (as opposed to the Pens).
I'm sorry you like being a whiney fan.

Old
04-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I'm sorry you like being a whiney fan.
Lol it's my first post in the thread and I said I'm hoping for a win then suggested a way to win. Where was I whining?

Closed Thread