HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft - Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2014, 12:11 PM
thefeebster

vCash: 500
2014 NHL Entry Draft - Part X

Rankings

Bob McKenzie's Mid-Season Rankings (January): http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9593
Bob McKenzie's Draft Lottery Top 12 (April): http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=117185
Bob McKenzie's Final Rankings (June): http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=95289
ISS Rankings (June): http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/
McKeen's top 30: http://www.mckeenshockey.com/draft/
Hockey Prospect's Final Rankings: [http://www.hockeyprospect.com/nhl-draft-rankings/
Craig Button's List (June): http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
Central Scouting's Final Rankings (March): http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712854

Key Dates

Draft Lottery: April 15, 2014
NHL Combine: May 26-30, 2014
NHL Draft Day(s): June 27-28, 2014

Picks Available

1st Round - 6th Overall
2nd Round - 36th Overall
3rd Round - 66th Overall
5th Round - 126th Overall
6th Round - 156th Overall
7th Round -186th Overall

**4th Round Pick traded for Welsh & Dalpe

Past Draft threads: One; Two; Three; Four; Five; Six; Seven; Eight; Nine

Last edited by thefeebster: 06-24-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old
06-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Jumping the gun here, but if we manage to get the 10th overall, does anyone think we should go for Virtanen, Fabbri, or Barbashev? Those are the three I'd go for at that spot outside of an obvious faller.

Old
06-17-2014, 12:26 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Jumping the gun here, but if we manage to get the 10th overall, does anyone think we should go for Virtanen, Fabbri, or Barbashev? Those are the three I'd go for at that spot outside of an obvious faller.
Fabbri, Virtanen, Barbashev in that order.

Old
06-17-2014, 12:32 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Depends who gets taken at 6th for me to provide a Good answer.

If it's ehlers or Nylander I'd prefer to take Virtanen. If it's Ritchie I could handle taking Fabbri over virtanen.

Old
06-17-2014, 01:07 PM
fancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
If we have the 10th, definitely Virtanen.

Old
06-17-2014, 01:08 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Was curious if we are allowed/should make a thread to predict how the draft or maybe just the top 10 shakes out just for fun and see who's closest

Old
06-17-2014, 02:57 PM
bo2shink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Was curious if we are allowed/should make a thread to predict how the draft or maybe just the top 10 shakes out just for fun and see who's closest
A separate thread of just guessing sounds great.

Old
06-17-2014, 03:00 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Depends on who they draft @ 6 (for me).

Old
06-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

Really starting to think Benning is trying his best to move up to #1 for Reinhart.

If that's the case, and the Nucks do acquire the #10, I see them taking Virtanen if available.

Be nice regardless if Benning can acquire another 1st. Time to start buffing up the prospect pool.

Old
06-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

vCash: 50
Quote:
If we draft a center with the 6th (or 1st *cough*) overall pick then I don't really have a preference.

If we draft a winger with the 6th pick then I'd want to get a center with the 10th pick.

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Old
06-17-2014, 03:15 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Bit Outside View Post
Really starting to think Benning is trying his best to move up to #1 for Reinhart.

If that's the case, and the Nucks do acquire the #10, I see them taking Virtanen if available.

Be nice regardless if Benning can acquire another 1st. Time to start buffing up the prospect pool.
It seems crazy, but that story from Angus they put up on the website was just weird and fishy. The pessimistic Canuck fan in me saw it as them trying to generate hype for Reinhart, to soften the blow of what might be given up. The optimist in me GOT SO JACKED BY THE HYPE. Number 1 overall baby! Woooo!

Old
06-17-2014, 03:16 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
It seems crazy, but that story from Angus they put up on the website was just weird and fishy. The pessimistic Canuck fan in me saw it as them trying to generate hype for Reinhart, to soften the blow of what might be given up. The optimist in me GOT SO JACKED BY THE HYPE. Number 1 overall baby! Woooo!
Honestly I don't care what we give up to get the 1st overall pick. I want Sam Reinhart on this team.

06-17-2014, 03:48 PM
fancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Honestly I don't care what we give up to get the 1st overall pick. I want Sam Reinhart on this team.
Sam here

Old
06-17-2014, 05:30 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem
Another guy I like is Edgars Kulda. Though I get the sense another overager might be unpopular...
From the old thread, I actually don't mind guys that have been passed over. There's some good ones in this draft, especially from the USHL. But Kulda is a favorite too, I love his energy and attitude. He looks really good in all situations. There's definitely some pro potential there, moreso than the other well-known overager, H.Smith.

Another one to look out for is Brandon Montour. Twice passed over, but his first season in the USHL. As a rookie, he became the highest scoring D man in over 13 years. Very high praise from HP, McKeens has him as a sleeper. Here's a recent blog article on him: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...randon-montour

Sounds like a kind of player to roll the dice on, but i wish he was going to a better school.

Other overagers i'd consider looking at: Helewka, Valiev, Savage. But probably only in the late rounds.

Old
06-17-2014, 05:37 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
I'd rather not trade Horvat to get there. Anything else I could live with. Edit : Also would not trade 2015 1st Round Pick.

Old
06-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Baby Shinkaruk

Quote:
To bad Luongo still isn't around. We could have swapped him with Reinhart.

I agree with LTE. I would not trade Horvat or any other valuable future piece.

Old
06-17-2014, 05:53 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Well, I would trade just Horvat. I wouldn;t trade Horvat and Ehlers for Reinhart...

Old
06-17-2014, 05:55 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Shinkaruk View Post
To bad Luongo still isn't around. We could have swapped him with Reinhart.

I agree with LTE. I would not trade Horvat or any other valuable future piece.
I could live with some of the other future pieces (depending on the full details) but Horvat and the 2015 1st are probably my only untouchables. Horvat isn't really but I wouldn't move 6th + Horvat for Reinhart.

Old
06-17-2014, 06:01 PM
DoubleTrouble

BIG BIG BIG mistake trading Horvat

He is going to be a Very Good NHL'er

I'm ok with trading any of our Prospect except Horvat and no way we move our 2015 1st overall

Anything else is fine with me

Old
06-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Baby Shinkaruk

The only thing I dislike about trading for Reinhart is that IMO it increases the chances of one of the top 5 falling.

My theory is that Florida wants Ekblad and Buffalo will take a Sam. Therefore if we take Reinhart, Ekblad falls to Edmonton, I can see NYI passing on Draisaitl. I don't know. Just a theory I have...

Old
06-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
From the old thread, I actually don't mind guys that have been passed over. There's some good ones in this draft, especially from the USHL. But Kulda is a favorite too, I love his energy and attitude. He looks really good in all situations. There's definitely some pro potential there, moreso than the other well-known overager, H.Smith.

Another one to look out for is Brandon Montour. Twice passed over, but his first season in the USHL. As a rookie, he became the highest scoring D man in over 13 years. Very high praise from HP, McKeens has him as a sleeper. Here's a recent blog article on him: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...randon-montour

Sounds like a kind of player to roll the dice on, but i wish he was going to a better school.

Other overagers i'd consider looking at: Helewka, Valiev, Savage. But probably only in the late rounds.
Story sounds a bit like Tanev...wow, he was playing in the OJHL as an 18-year old? Sounds like he's had exponential growth since then. Scouting report makes me imagine his playing style very similar to Ehrhoff.

I wouldn't mind at all taking him in the 5th round or beyond. Though his school isn't one of the most reputable in college hockey, wasn't Rochester Institute of Technology seen in a similar light in that they were fairly new to the AHA?

But just Montour's progression in the past two years or so is extremely intriguing to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I'd rather not trade Horvat to get there. Anything else I could live with. Edit : Also would not trade 2015 1st Round Pick.
Horvat is an untouchable to me. I wouldn't see him gone for anything other than gross overpayment. I really think he's going to be a Selke candidate some time down the road.

Old
06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Shinkaruk View Post
The only thing I dislike about trading for Reinhart is that IMO it increases the chances of one of the top 5 falling.

My theory is that Florida wants Ekblad and Buffalo will take a Sam. Therefore if we take Reinhart, Ekblad falls to Edmonton, I can see NYI passing on Draisaitl. I don't know. Just a theory I have...
The devil in me would rather just pick at 6th than see Edmonton get Ekblad...

Old
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
jammyrft

I value BoHo like I value Schneider considering that's what we paid to get him. BoHo is literally the most crucial prospect we have going forward.

Schneider (BoHo) + Ehlers is not worth Reinhart. And this is coming for a guy who wants homegrown talent and loves Reinhart.

Old
06-17-2014, 06:53 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Horvat is an untouchable to me. I wouldn't see him gone for anything other than gross overpayment. I really think he's going to be a Selke candidate some time down the road.
I love Horvat, but I'd trade him for a top 3 pick this year. I like Reinhart, Bennett, Ekblad better (in that order).

Old
06-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I love Horvat, but I'd trade him for a top 3 pick this year. I like Reinhart, Bennett, Ekblad better (in that order).
nobody here would suggest trading horvat for the #1 is a bad deal (though they can still be against it). trading horvat + 6 for 1 is a bad deal.

Closed Thread