HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need some advice?

Old
04-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Hectic

vCash: 500
Need some advice?

I have gone to the odr a few times during winter and now that spring is here i dont know how i can get some time to practice my skating. I would say from 1/10 i am around a 4 because of the problem with my balance. I can skate although at times I tend to fall down. I cant do turns nor skate backwards yet which is why i would like to practice more. Anyone have suggestions on how i could practice more during summer or spring? I would really like to tryout for my school team next year in grade 11 and I think i need lots of work to get to the level were all the other guys are since they have played since they were like 2 years old.. Thanks!!!

Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 02:53 AM
stocky

vCash: 500
Roller is a good way to go if you can find a decent pair of skates (try your LHS). It wont do anything for your stopping but it will help with crossovers and going backwards as well as general balance. Definitely keep practicing on ice if you can to practice stops and such. Once the ice season gets close, I would switch back to ice exclusively to get 100% comfortable on it.

stocky is offline   Reply With Quote