HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
That's a different McCabe right? That's not Bryan

Old
04-21-2014, 08:03 AM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
That's a different McCabe right? That's not Bryan
Jake McCabe, Sabres prospect who played a few games this season. Was a 2nd rounder in 2012.

Old
04-21-2014, 08:20 AM
tade

I know that USA usually build very young team for WC, not only with NHL players so that's why I was asking.

Old
04-21-2014, 08:47 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
I know that USA usually build very young team for WC, not only with NHL players so that's why I was asking.
They try to give college kids a shot. Usually forwards. Johnny Gaudreau and Kevin Hayes got invited. Connor Hellebuyck got invited. McCabe got invited. I doubt they take another "college" defenseman. They probably go with those 7 and add a guy that gets eliminated from the playoffs. It was kind of bad timing too. By the time he signed they pretty much invited the guys they wanted.

Old
04-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Psuhockey

Don't know if the named the black aces yet but Cousins, Alderson, Alt and Heeter are listed as part of the flyers roster on their website.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Anybody have a scouting report on Alderson? If he has some good defensive awareness, he could be a perfect compliment to Couturier and Read: a big right wing that can skate pretty well from what I heard when they signed him.

Old
04-22-2014, 02:35 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Don't know if the named the black aces yet but Cousins, Alderson, Alt and Heeter are listed as part of the flyers roster on their website.

Anybody have a scouting report on Alderson? If he has some good defensive awareness, he could be a perfect compliment to Couturier and Read: a big right wing that can skate pretty well from what I heard when they signed him.
He's not an NHL player yet. Too many holes and not much skill. Looks like he could have a future in a 4th line role if things go his way.

Old
04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post

Petr Straka is also on the list.

Old
04-23-2014, 12:24 AM
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider

Leier scored the OT winner for the Winterhawks tonight. Also added an assist. Portland leads Kelowna 2-1 in the series.

Old
04-23-2014, 12:28 AM
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider

Wish the Gens didn't suck this series. We could have potentially had Laughton, Stolarz, and Leier all in the Mem Cup.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:31 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Wish the Gens didn't suck this series. We could have potentially had Laughton, Stolarz, and Leier all in the Mem Cup.
If losing tomorrow means there's a possibility of him being in the lineup Friday then I am all for it.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:50 AM
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
If losing tomorrow means there's a possibility of him being in the lineup Friday then I am all for it.
You think he makes the lineup? I'm all for it, if that is the case.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:53 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
You think he makes the lineup? I'm all for it, if that is the case.
I have zero clue but one can hope. I'm not expecting a savior but if he can get Rinaldo out of the lineup for a few games I would be pleased.

Old
04-23-2014, 03:54 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Leier scored the OT winner for the Winterhawks tonight. Also added an assist. Portland leads Kelowna 2-1 in the series.
I was at this game. Holy crap what an incredible game. Portland was down 3-1 pretty much because of Jordon Cooke (Kelowna's goalie). Oliver Bjorkstrand scored on the PP with the goalie pulled with just under 3 minutes left, then (again with the pulling of the goalie) Brendan Leipsic tapped in a rebound from a completely impossible (until tonight) angle. Leier's wrist shot from almost the blue line deflected off of a Kelowna defender for the win with 10:00 to go in OT. Shots on goal were 65-33 in favor Portland. The only reason it even made it to OT was Jordon Cooke. Dude was stellar. He was named 3rd star of the game, and got a rousing ovation from the Portland faithful.

Old
04-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Rolex

It seems that Leier is the forgotten step child with all of the chatter about other prospects of the Flyers. His numbers this year show a vast improvement in his game. I can see him going to LV at the start of next year and being a mid season call up. Just a hunch, but I think that this guy is going to surprise. The WHL gets looked down on but it's a good league. Leier's good play in it should not be disregarded.

Old
04-23-2014, 05:24 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
It seems that Leier is the forgotten step child with all of the chatter about other prospects of the Flyers. His numbers this year show a vast improvement in his game. I can see him going to LV at the start of next year and being a mid season call up. Just a hunch, but I think that this guy is going to surprise. The WHL gets looked down on but it's a good league. Leier's good play in it should not be disregarded.
His two way play would be a welcomed addition to the Flyers bottom six but I'd have to think he's gonna take more then a half season in the AHL.

Old
04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Fourth line for sometime during next season?

Raffl-Laughton-Leier

Old
04-23-2014, 05:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
He's a solid prospect but he doesn't have much upside.

His numbers are solid but not too eye popping for a 19/20 year old. It's also important to note that Portland was the highest scoring team in the WHL & second highest in the entire CHL this year. Portland's been a perennial high scoring team like that for five or so years now.

I honestly doubt he's in line for a call up next year personally but who knows. I'm not trying to beat the guy up here because I like him as a potential bottom 6 player in the future but just shedding some context as to why he isn't talked up as much around here.

Old
04-23-2014, 05:50 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Fourth line for sometime during next season?

Raffl-Laughton-Leier
I doubt it he would have to leap frog some guys who already have pro experience under their belt.

Cousins, Alderson, & Straka really came on late at the end of the year likely positioning themselves for some call up time next year so long as it continues.

Old
04-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Tedeward

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He's a solid prospect but he doesn't have much upside.

His numbers are solid but not too eye popping for a 19/20 year old. It's also important to note that Portland was the highest scoring team in the WHL & second highest in the entire CHL this year. Portland's been a perennial high scoring team like that for five or so years now.

I honestly doubt he's in line for a call up next year personally but who knows. I'm not trying to beat the guy up here because I like him as a potential bottom 6 player in the future but just shedding some context as to why he isn't talked up as much around here.
I haven't watched the guy play at all, but considering he made the Canadian team Im assuming that he must be good.

Old
04-23-2014, 06:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedeward View Post
I haven't watched the guy play at all, but considering he made the Canadian team Im assuming that he must be good.
Not necessarily, he made the team as a role player in his last year of eligibility.

And again I'm not bashing him just shedding context. He's a solid prospect with bottom 6 potential.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-23-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old
04-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
i would want to see Laughton,Leier,Hagg,Gostisbehere to spend at least a full year in the AHL.

Old
04-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Curufinwe

Laughton is already good enough to be a Flyer. Just like Boone Jenner in Columbus. This strategy of loading our 4th line with players with no offense and no ability to maintain puck possession like Rinaldo, Rosehill, Hall and VandeVelde has to stop if the team wants to compete in the modern NHL.

Old
04-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Laughton is already good enough to be a Flyer. Just like Boone Jenner in Columbus. This strategy of loading our 4th line with players with no offense and no ability to maintain puck possession like Rinaldo, Rosehill, Hall and VandeVelde has to stop if the team wants to compete in the modern NHL.
Exactly, maybe he's not going to make a huge difference offensively, but he's a better option than Rinaldo, Rosehill, VV, or Hall. Him and Raffl together could be decent too.

A 4th line of Raffl-Laughton-Hall looks pretty good to me.

Old
04-23-2014, 06:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Hell, if Jenner can do what he's doing in the NHL, I think Laughton could do better.

Funny, Jenner, taken in 2011 was a 2nd rounder. 37th overall. Laughton, the next year on the same OHL team, went 20th overall. Now this coming season, DalColle could go top 5, from the same team. Just thought it was interesting.

Old
04-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Flyerss

you can always sign someone like Fiddler for 1.5m , i'd rather see Laughton be the main guy in the AHL than play on the 4th line with Flyers.

Closed Thread