HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarkko Immonen, a New York Ranger

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Padawan
Former *********

vCash: 500
Jarkko Immonen, a New York Ranger

Yes, you read it right. A deal has been reached. I was at Jyväskylä Ice Hall this morning to collect some t-shirts from the JYP team and the guys were there. Jarkko Immonen told his teammates that he will leave to New York. The other guys congratulated him and wished him good luck.

So, it is done. Jarkko will leave and become a Ranger and fulfill his dream to become a NHL'er and his and someways your dream also has happened. It's not announced yet, but it's official. Jarkko will stay with JYP currently and leave next month to New York. He'll most likely play with JYP during the Swiss practice tourney and come back to Finland to get some of his personal matters sorted.

One other thing. I did the 'Jarkko Immonen Update' -thread last season. I think the favor could be returned by doing a similar update thread but the other way around. Who will do it? Us JYP fans really want to know how he plays there so it would be important to us as well as it was to you guys when he played here.

Jarkko Immonen, a star in the making!

Last edited by Padawan: 08-22-2005 at 07:11 AM.
Old
08-22-2005, 05:54 AM
chiefshockey23

what a treat staying up all night and finding this like after 5 minutes after being posted what a great signing i think hes going to get 35-40 pts.

who do you think hell be on a line with?

Last edited by chiefshockey23: 08-22-2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old
08-22-2005, 06:08 AM
eco's bones

Great news.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:08 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefshockey23
what a treat staying up all night and finding this like after 5 minutes after being posted what a great signing i think hes going to get 35-40 pts.

who do you think hell be on a line with?
Depends on if they want him to be a scorer or an energy/scorer/shut down 3rd line center...my first guess is Nieminen.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:19 AM
free0717

Very good Job. Now all sather has to do is sign the rest of the RFAs and hes done.
The rebuild is in good shape.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:30 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Yes, you read it right. A deal has been reached. I was at Jyväskylä Ice Hall this morning to collect some t-shirts from the JYP team and the guys were there. Jarkko Immonen told his teammates that he will leave to New York. The other guys congratulated him wished him good luck.

So, it is done. Jarkko will leave and become a Ranger and fulfill his dream to become a NHL'er and his and someways your dream also has happened. It's not announced yet, but it's official. Jarkko will stay with JYP currently and leave next month to New York. He'll most likely play with JYP during the Swiss practice tourney and come back to Finland to get some of his personal matters sorted.

One other thing. I did the 'Jarkko Immonen Update' -thread last season. I think the favor could be returned by doing a similar update thread but the other way around. Who will do it? Us JYP fans really want to know how he plays there so it would be important to us as well as it was to you guys when he played here.

Jarkko Immonen, a star in the making!
Jarkko Immonen, a star in the making! :handclap

I hope so, Im glad and excited that this kid is signed absoltuley awesome ... GOOD WORK SATHER on getting this excellent prospect over. Stuff like this is what makes me glad the rebuild is very much being taken seriousley and when these good quality kids are being signed I look foward to some very bad seasons espoecially when they are bad seasons for a good reasons. I like that NYR has signed Immonen,Lundqvist and Prucha same with Jessiman and Montoya<~~~ , anyway this rebuild is serious and can see Sather is looking to get some top quality young guns careers started.

As for FLYLINE you were on point you exopected Immonen to be signed today and he was or atleast it was confirmed. HF boards has got there own Ms.Clowie

Padawan thanks for the heads up you have been a reliable source for letting us NYRfans find out stuff we cant as easily as you.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:32 AM
shoothepuck

Good news for the Rangers

Old
08-22-2005, 06:35 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
NYR has got a future Koivu, lets hope so

Saku Koivu=Immonen ( lets hope )

Please no one say thats impossible, because Koivu is a tad over rated I say. He is a very good reliable point producing 2nd line center ( on a team as a 1st line center ) which is what I see Immonen as.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:57 AM
CaptainBlueshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
NYR has got a future Koivu, lets hope so

Saku Koivu=Immonen ( lets hope )

Please no one say thats impossible, because Koivu is a tad over rated I say. He is a very good reliable point producing 2nd line center ( on a team as a 1st line center ) which is what I see Immonen as.
I would gladly sign for that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:00 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBlueshirt
I would gladly sign for that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:04 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
[QUOTE=Padawan]One other thing. I did the 'Jarkko Immonen Update' -thread last season. I think the favor could be returned by doing a similar update thread but the other way around. Who will do it? Us JYP fans really want to know how he plays there so it would be important to us as well as it was to you guys when he played here.

Jarkko Immonen, a star in the making! [/QUOTEIim sure with everythig you have done here information wise for us in nY, the favor should be done with no problem.

You have been resouceful and reliable. Cool **** man.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:12 AM
eco's bones

I imagine Padawan we'll have plenty to say this year about Immonen. And hope you can keep us updated now aand again on Korpikoski.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I imagine Padawan we'll have plenty to say this year about Immonen. And hope you can keep us updated now aand again on Korpikoski.
On Korpikoski I think all I can do is update his stats. Sometimes even describe how he played (when his game is on tv or he'll play in Jyväskylä).

I hope that there will be a similar update thread on Immonen. It would mean a lot to me personally as a JYP fan and fan of Jarkko Immonen.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Levitate

I'd certainly be willing to contribute to such a thread

hopefully immonen does well and gets good playing time, so there's not a lot of "umm, well he didn't do much tonight..." posts, heh. but I think he'll do fine

Old
08-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Davisian

Hi BBI!

Last edited by Davisian: 08-22-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old
08-22-2005, 08:21 AM
AXN

Immonen is the top forward prospect the rangers have. At 23 he has to come over, win a spot and do well. This is his time. As far as his linemates, I hope for a good scorer like Balej and Nieminen will provide the defense and hits on the line.

Last edited by AXN: 08-22-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old
08-22-2005, 08:25 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Awesome i love the direction NYR is going, they have a lot of quality prospect 3rd and 4th liners and now are starting to try to bring in any top 6 type fowrds they can ( Jessiman, Prucha, Immonen, Balej ) same for the goaltending ( Lundqvist, Montoya and Holt ) and with some solid D prospects ( Tyutin, Kondrats, Pock, Lampman etc ) not to mind 2 straight years of some pretty good drafting well seems good so far, we will really have to wait and tell, and the acquiring of plenty of prospects and picks. I really hope this is the direction this team plans on satying on , cause though there might be alot of tough games to watch, there is nothing like watching the future of a club learn and grow. this is going to be one exciting year, for me atleast.

As for PADAWAN wanting a thread stickied, I think its a great idea and only fair and im sure it will be done. Eye for an Eye.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:29 AM
gib

You guys seem to have high hopes on Immonen. Hopefully he can fullfill them, but you never know how finnish players adjust to NHL style. It`s a great gift for Immonen that Rangers don`t have much depth in center position. You can`t get better chance to make it to the team than Immonen has now.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:38 AM
CrookedRain

Thanks for the good news, Padawan.

Old
08-22-2005, 09:05 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Hell ****ing Yea! That strange feeling actually panned out to be right.

Old
08-22-2005, 09:16 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling good about this, feeling really good. We should have some good, young, energetic lines, to mix and match. Renneys style of play will flow well with the young group. Excited to see how everything falls into place through camp.

Old
08-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Larry Melnyk

Great signing, I really like what I have heard about this kid....But let's not rush to just hand him a spot...The only thing to do is throw him in with the rest of the youngsters and see who is the best, the hungriest, and the best fit for the team..There's a good chance that won't be Immonen at the beginning of the season..But there's nothing wronmg with starting in Hartford and earning the call up...

Old
08-22-2005, 10:16 AM
nrf83

still no official announcement of signing. Not doubting Padawan, just wish NYR would post and make it official. BTW Jarkko is not coming over here to play in Hartford. Pencil him in 2nd line center. If you can believe Padawans earlier posts on Jarkko, he should have no problem slideing in 2nd line

Old
08-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Fletch

Or third line...

which wouldn't be too bad either (third line defined as top line, checking line, third line). Still quality minutes, but can break in against third defensive pairings. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves...we haven't seen him in the NHL yet. Padawan gave great updates and he seemed like a guy who could've worked harder on many nights - something he'll have to do a lot more of in the NHL.

Old
08-22-2005, 10:24 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
still no official announcement of signing. Not doubting Padawan, just wish NYR would post and make it official. BTW Jarkko is not coming over here to play in Hartford. Pencil him in 2nd line center. If you can believe Padawans earlier posts on Jarkko, he should have no problem slideing in 2nd line
The Rangers seem to wait until late afternoon or early evening when it comes to announcing any signings.Sather has that 8am tee time and does not get back to the office until the early afternoon

Closed Thread