HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bogdan "Traktor Boy Jr." Yakimov ***Update, Returning to Bakersfield 3/3/16***

Old
04-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Oilwings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Maybe we could draft this guy as well. He's kinda small but he plays in North America so he'd definitely come over.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=206726

Lmao nobody seems to know his real name

"Listed in 2011-12 OEMHL stats as Mikhail Yukunin. Listed in 2010-11 OEMHL stats as Mikhail Yakulin."
Well he's a midget so let's sign him. He's a tender too.

Last edited by Oilwings: 04-28-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Probaly not for 2-3 years. Hell come in hot after his KHL season as the hired gun to put the team over the top

He still has a lot of developing to do, and will do that in the KHL rather than the AHL as he can make more money in his home country.

I think an issue will be if Eakins continues to alienate Russians, he wont help the case to get Slepyshev to come over, or for Yakimov to stay. Loading up on Russians is a good strategy because you pick 1st/2nd rounf talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds, but if you alienate them, you will wont get any to come over. As I am not sure they will make decisions independent of eachother
this is the strange part about MacT's decision to skid Kruger and go with Eakins. He is clearly targeting Russia for young talent, and that is probably a good strategy. Make Edmonton the little Russia of the NHL. Could work out. They certain have the talent. I just don't see how Eakins is more favourable then Kruger, an international coach with over a decade of experience. Eakins seems like an old school, ground it out with a bunch of farmboys from Saskatchewan type coach.

Maybe he should hire a Russian as an assistant or at least as a consultant. Knowing the Oilers, that man would be Boris Mironov or Andrei Kovalenko.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 08:07 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
this is the strange part about MacT's decision to skid Kruger and go with Eakins. He is clearly targeting Russia for young talent, and that is probably a good strategy. Make Edmonton the little Russia of the NHL. Could work out. They certain have the talent. I just don't see how Eakins is more favourable then Kruger, an international coach with over a decade of experience. Eakins seems like an old school, ground it out with a bunch of farmboys from Saskatchewan type coach.

Maybe he should hire a Russian as an assistant or at least as a consultant. Knowing the Oilers, that man would be Boris Mironov or Andrei Kovalenko.
They should hire Andrey Nazarov

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 09:07 PM
The Head Crusher
Retired

vCash: 383
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
They should hire Andrey Nazarov

Nazarov vs Roy

04-30-2014, 12:02 AM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
So worth noting, today on Gregor's show Ray Ferraro had some pretty good praise for Yakimov.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 11:30 AM
4thlineforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
So worth noting, today on Gregor's show Ray Ferraro had some pretty good praise for Yakimov.
Is there any link handy? or a would have a summary?

4thlineforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 04:03 PM
RebuildTheRebuild

vCash: 200
Quote:
Is there any link handy? or a would have a summary?
Here is the link for the show. Go around the 31 minute mark to hear about his thoughts of Yakimov.

https://soundcloud.com/thejasongrego...-042914-hour-1

It is nothing really extensive but he was talking about how they need a centre to take the pressure of Nuge. Then Ferraro mentions Yakimov that he could become that player. He watched him at the WJC and did not like him at first but then really grew on him. He thinks he's a "real prospect".

RebuildTheRebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Not that Yakimov needs to be any kind of coke machine, but I kind of hope he can learn to handle himself in fights, this could make him a more effective big body player. Play physical and gritty, and back it up, that would look go on him.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 11:35 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

vCash: 50
From what I've seen, if Yakimov was a good ole Canadian farm kid, he might have been a first round pick. How many 19 year olds can score 12 points in 33 games from the 4th line in the 2nd best league in the world? Especially ones that are 6'5, 220 lbs

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2014, 01:24 AM
SterlingArcher

Really excited to see what he can do I remember him being at the rookie camp last year. He has size in spades and apparently uses it well where he can even though he plays on a larger ice surface. He apparently is very good defensively something that is great if he can continue to develop this could be exactly the type of draft pick and player we have been waiting for.

SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Yakimov was ranked as our 3rd best prospect behind Nurse and Klefbom on the TSN article. I don't know enough about him, but is that accurate?

Mcnotloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Don't see it mentioned on this page but it was noted on twitter the other day (I believe by Chesnokov) that Yakimov is leaving mother Russia and coming to North America next season to pursue his NHL career.

So OKC will have a big hulking 2C, on top of Khaira.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Yakimov was ranked as our 3rd best prospect behind Nurse and Klefbom on the TSN article. I don't know enough about him, but is that accurate?
I'd say so. He is honestly the only forward in the system I'm bullish on.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 12:14 PM
4thlineforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Meh, at this point could very well be.

I had Roy as our best forward prospect, but he ran into injury problems this season and had a down year

I think Yakimov/Khaira/Chase/Roy are all pretty close, and since none have played a full pro season of legit minutes, its really hard to tell.

Chase put up the best points, but Yakimov put up decent numbers in a tougher league while playing 9 minutes a game.

Either way, our forward prospect depth is rather poor. Maybe 1 of those guys becomes a top 6 player. The rest figure to be bottom 6, role players.

Im not complaining about that, Anahiem is getting a huge boost from Bonino/DSP and their role guys. But at some point were going to have a hole in the top 6 if a forward is traded. I would like to slot a drafted and developed prospect in that spot instead of overpaying for a established player

4thlineforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 07:02 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

vCash: 50
Quote:
Meh, at this point could very well be.

I had Roy as our best forward prospect, but he ran into injury problems this season and had a down year

I think Yakimov/Khaira/Chase/Roy are all pretty close, and since none have played a full pro season of legit minutes, its really hard to tell.

Chase put up the best points, but Yakimov put up decent numbers in a tougher league while playing 9 minutes a game.

Either way, our forward prospect depth is rather poor. Maybe 1 of those guys becomes a top 6 player. The rest figure to be bottom 6, role players.

Im not complaining about that, Anahiem is getting a huge boost from Bonino/DSP and their role guys. But at some point were going to have a hole in the top 6 if a forward is traded. I would like to slot a drafted and developed prospect in that spot instead of overpaying for a established player
Fortunately the Oilers will have drafted nearly an entire top 6 after this June.

The fact that none of those guys are projecting as top 6 forwards would only be a concern if they were first round picks.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 12:58 AM
caley

Signed his ELC with the Oilers, per Capgeek.

05-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Hockey Nightmare

I just want to see this guy skating around and crushing the opposition. He's built like a super soldier.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 01:14 AM
Mr Positive
just fix it, Chia

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Fortunately the Oilers will have drafted nearly an entire top 6 after this June.

The fact that none of those guys are projecting as top 6 forwards would only be a concern if they were first round picks.
they were also specifically selected because they were tough physical players, aimed at the bottom six. Hopefully with proper development we can find a gem there. Our "Milan Lucic type of player"

Mr Positive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Signed his ELC with the Oilers, per Capgeek.
Nice, thanks for that.

05-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Aerchon

Quote:

Agree.

I actually really like our prospects. They fill our needs nicely. I just hope we end up with a hidden gem or 2 that push their way into the top 6. Aka top 9 type forwards rather than bottom 6 types.

Aerchon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Spawn

Quote:

Problem is you have no depth. When you dont have a prospect that projects to be a top 6 forward you find yourself unable to trade from a position of strength.

If we had a few prospects who were banging on the door looking for offensive minutes then you are able to address other team needs or at the very least have some insurance should you run into injury concerns. Right now we can't trade any of our top 6 without having a massive hole.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 06:17 PM
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 2m
The Oilers have signed draft pick Bogdan Yakimov to a three year entry level deal. He will turn 20 in October.

McAsuno* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Ninety7
go oil go

signed to an elc

Ninety7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 06:47 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agron View Post
signed to an elc
Excellent. I look forward to seeing him in camp.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Aerchon

I hate it when I get excited for a prospect like this. But I've been eye balling this guy for awhile and thinking he has a shot.

Lander and Pitlick are far superior prospects and both to date have not been able to translate to the NHL. I really hope at least one of those turns into a player for us. The next group coming in behind them does look sweet.

Next years AHL squad is absolutely lovely.

Horak Lander Pitlick
Moroz Yakimov
Roy Kharia
Zharkov/Slepy?

Defense is solid as is goaltending.

Too bad Chase is too young he would fill one of those RW spots nicely. One day too old to be on next years AHL squad.

RW is really the only position we are lacking solid prospects for.

Aerchon is online now   Reply With Quote