HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stealth RS... Problem?

Old
04-19-2014, 09:11 AM
mattkaminski15

vCash: 500
Stealth RS... Problem?

A month or two ago I bought the easton stealth rs skates because my ccm u+ 10's were beyond broken down. I tried on the same size skate and it fit great. Felt really comfortable. First skates I had obviously my feet were sore due to the whole new skates thing. Flash forward to now, I've been skating fine, but recently I changed to a 5/8ths hollow and it seems like im skating in new skates all over again, I know it sounds crazy but my arches are starting to hurt (fixed that by loosening the skates), my heel seems to be sliding around now, and the skates just feel like they've lost all responsiveness. Let alone it feels like im skating on a blade that isn't sharp. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Or is this some weird thing that's going on that might be a problem with the skates themselves?

mattkaminski15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 01:20 AM
g04tm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkaminski15 View Post
A month or two ago I bought the easton stealth rs skates because my ccm u+ 10's were beyond broken down. I tried on the same size skate and it fit great. Felt really comfortable. First skates I had obviously my feet were sore due to the whole new skates thing. Flash forward to now, I've been skating fine, but recently I changed to a 5/8ths hollow and it seems like im skating in new skates all over again, I know it sounds crazy but my arches are starting to hurt (fixed that by loosening the skates), my heel seems to be sliding around now, and the skates just feel like they've lost all responsiveness. Let alone it feels like im skating on a blade that isn't sharp. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Or is this some weird thing that's going on that might be a problem with the skates themselves?
Sounds like an edge problem, the person that sharpened your skates messed up?

g04tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 11:04 AM
mattkaminski15

Quote:
Originally Posted by g04tm4n View Post
Sounds like an edge problem, the person that sharpened your skates messed up?
Yeah that's what I've been thinking. It just didn't make sense why my feet were hurting till I thought that if they messed up the edge then I'd be practically skating on nothing so it was a lot more pressure on my feet. Up until then my skates have been fine I didn't think it would be a skate problem

mattkaminski15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 07:28 PM
SillyMe

I have a pair of RS, and I think it's a good skate.
I went from 1/2" ROH to combo radius and FBV, and didn't have any issues with the skates.
I agree, sounds like a dreadful sharpen.

SillyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 01:22 AM
g04tm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkaminski15 View Post
Yeah that's what I've been thinking. It just didn't make sense why my feet were hurting till I thought that if they messed up the edge then I'd be practically skating on nothing so it was a lot more pressure on my feet. Up until then my skates have been fine I didn't think it would be a skate problem
That sounds about right. A bad sharpen will require you to apply much more pressure to keep from slipping out.

g04tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote