HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Playoff Talk Thread!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2014, 09:16 PM
  #101
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,794
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazepants View Post
Keeping your first round pick, and then using it to draft an offensively gifted player would be a start. When the last "skill" forward the team drafted in the first round was Colin Wilson, (six years ago) you're doing it wrong.
Well, since the first rounders we traded away were picks in the late teens I dont think that was the problem.

you dont end up with Toews and Kane unless you are Edmonton bad for several years running... and in 15 years we have never been Edmonton bad, not even last year

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:15 PM
  #102
Kamikazepants
Registered User
 
Kamikazepants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Well, since the first rounders we traded away were picks in the late teens I dont think that was the problem.

you dont end up with Toews and Kane unless you are Edmonton bad for several years running... and in 15 years we have never been Edmonton bad, not even last year
Plenty of offensively gifted players are available in the late teens or later. They don't have to be Kane or Toews to help a team like the Predators. Don't tell me you don't see a problem with the lack of skilled forwards being drafted early? I simply want to see more attempts, even if it means gambling, at taking players with real offensive upside, not Mike Fisher-lites. They are available in the draft.

Besides, the way you say it makes it sound like those guys are the only reason Chicago became relevant. They may have sparked it, but that team is stacked in all areas. Their secondary scoring is tough to match.

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:20 PM
  #103
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazepants View Post

Besides, the way you say it makes it sound like those guys are the only reason Chicago became relevant. They may have sparked it, but that team is stacked in all areas. Their secondary scoring is tough to match.
Do you not remember those Havlat years in Chi? They were awful. They fill out their secondary scoring personnel the way NSH fills their top line scoring because they are CHI.

Was about to say that this ANA/DAL game was fire but.....whoops. Still a good game/series.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:33 PM
  #104
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
Now we're down to 12.

Boston vs. Montreal for the Atlantic title, Chicago awaits Colorado-Minnesota, Anaheim awaits San Jose-LA, and Pittsburgh and the Rags need one more game each to move on over C-bus and Philly.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:49 PM
  #105
Kamikazepants
Registered User
 
Kamikazepants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Do you not remember those Havlat years in Chi? They were awful. They fill out their secondary scoring personnel the way NSH fills their top line scoring because they are CHI.

Was about to say that this ANA/DAL game was fire but.....whoops. Still a good game/series.
Chicago doesn't win the two cups they have purely because Kane and Toews go ape**** on the rest of the NHL. They win because every line scores. It happened with Boston, it happened with LA, that's how the cup winning teams have been doing it. They are not Pittsburgh. They actually have depth. Saying Kane and Toews are the reason they have won two cups does not give proper credit to the other numerous players on the team, the FO, and the coaches.

They are big pieces of the puzzle, but still just pieces.

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 11:29 PM
  #106
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
That Dallas/Anaheim game was awesome

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 08:23 AM
  #107
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,794
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazepants View Post
Chicago doesn't win the two cups they have purely because Kane and Toews go ape**** on the rest of the NHL. They win because every line scores. It happened with Boston, it happened with LA, that's how the cup winning teams have been doing it. They are not Pittsburgh. They actually have depth. Saying Kane and Toews are the reason they have won two cups does not give proper credit to the other numerous players on the team, the FO, and the coaches.

They are big pieces of the puzzle, but still just pieces.
but they certainly dont win those cups without Toews and Kane, and if you try to say otherwise youre just going to look silly.

Im sorry but you should use Detroit not Chicago if you want to make this point(Boston is a good example too, LA is not because their cup was "lightning in a bottle")... chicago and Pittsburgh are both where they are today because they sucked horribly for several years in a row and ended up with not one but two franchise forwards. If those two teams had no better than the 6th pick in their "bad" years rather than multiple top 3 picks, neither team would be Cup winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
That Dallas/Anaheim game was awesome
and it happened in Dallas... that had to be just devastating to be a fan in that arena


Last edited by PredsV82: 04-28-2014 at 08:28 AM.
PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 08:43 AM
  #108
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,695
vCash: 500
Saint Louis seem to be the new Sharks

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 09:03 AM
  #109
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
No, they're just the old Blues.

47 years and counting.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 04:04 PM
  #110
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 142
Exactly JW there is no way that team should have been eliminated like they were. Just my opinion but Miller was the difference. He is not what he once was, the minute he let the Crosby goal in for Canada to beat the US for gold he has not been the same.

But St Louis was loaded and I expected them to make it to second round before being eliminated.

Just another case of a team going all in for a cup run to be disappointed.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 07:39 PM
  #111
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Yeah Miller didn't look that good, although I don't think Crawford was setting things on fire either. Overall though, St. Louis lost for the very same reason we usually do, they couldn't put the puck in the back of the net.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 08:30 PM
  #112
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
CBUS just made it a one goal game with a few mins to go.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 09:01 PM
  #113
Marty Party
@ The Bridge
 
Marty Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Maybe this series against the Pens will convince more locals up there to become STH's.

Went to a couple of games earlier in the season and was surprised by the amount of empty seats. Nice arena but the place was dead. Although it was during college football season so maybe that had something to do with it.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 10:10 PM
  #114
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 10:45 PM
  #115
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
No comeback for the Avs tonight. Game 7 for MN and Colorado.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 11:33 PM
  #116
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
SJ is in full chernobyl mode

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 11:41 PM
  #117
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,695
vCash: 500
what a gong show

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 01:06 AM
  #118
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,794
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Maybe this series against the Pens will convince more locals up there to become STH's.

Went to a couple of games earlier in the season and was surprised by the amount of empty seats. Nice arena but the place was dead. Although it was during college football season so maybe that had something to do with it.
I said it after game 4 and I say it again… this CBJ/PIT series reminds me very much of our first series against Detroit… how we lost but we played well enough that we knew we belonged… I expect Columbus to be a regular in post season for the next few years

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 08:08 PM
  #119
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,801
vCash: 500
Rangers getting owned

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:03 AM
  #120
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
Three game sevens.

I'd love to see home team hold serve, but if one of the road teams has to win, I want to see LA do it.

Just because, Sharks.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 06:55 PM
  #121
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,794
vCash: 130
Who says Nashville fans don't know hockey??

(ps is this one of our young posters?)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 11:10 PM
  #122
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,794
vCash: 130
grrrrrr… Avs need to stop choking...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 11:14 PM
  #123
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
san jose is in something something mode again

avs are being dumb

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 11:36 PM
  #124
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,794
vCash: 130
well ****…. that sucked...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 11:45 PM
  #125
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
cmon SJ

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.