HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com #12 - Basketball Beta Starts Monday!

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2014, 08:39 AM
camrawrn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4ever View Post
because it was a 5*
if you had a normal 5* it would be 190M+
I know, but I don't want to gamble on getting a 5*. I feel like I made the safest pick.

Old
04-25-2014, 08:47 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Scott, since you're going off the grid soon I wanted to make sure you saw this. I emailed your PPM address with what we talked about for the article and I messaged you there too about the Can-Am tournament.
Thanks for the heads up. Already posted AND made your addition request at the end.

Old
04-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Already posted AND made your addition request at the end.
Well fine, be on top of things like that! Just for that, I already sent you credits for the Can-Am tournament! How do you like me now?!

Old
04-25-2014, 09:03 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Well fine, be on top of things like that! Just for that, I already sent you credits for the Can-Am tournament! How do you like me now?!
Keep 'em comin'!

Old
04-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Keep 'em comin'!
Check PPM. I forgot to include something in the article again.

Old
04-25-2014, 05:00 PM
idiroft

Hey guys, I'm selling this guy:

http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/p...-kurtis-boulet

Old
04-25-2014, 10:24 PM
tescosamoa

It must be the end of the year.... Again for the second year in a row... I pull the best player of the year for OG.
Tonight it is a 326OR 5/6 L 4 star across the board... The other is a 150...

Old
04-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Bulls4ever

got another 2 150 OR with 1 star

the good news is that i signed a lucrative media deal with SportTV that will inject 72M to the team this season.

Inter Melon will receive close to 280M this season. All season tickets have been sold and team will have to increase its Arena to support the demand.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:59 PM
tescosamoa

Well..... Stayed up to see the 4*... ugggh LOL

Holy cow.... Bulls I am 130M behind this year... This is what is wrong with PPM... Ouch... But, I hope you use the money to climb to the international level or set yourself up for it in two seasons.

Old
04-26-2014, 12:06 AM
tescosamoa

My hockey team has 9100 seats and its 20M behind...

Old
04-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
Why didn't you sell him the minute you pulled him? You could have made a mint!

Old
04-26-2014, 10:37 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Holy cow.... Bulls I am 130M behind this year... This is what is wrong with PPM... Ouch... But, I hope you use the money to climb to the international level or set yourself up for it in two seasons.
Yep. I've never understood why they make the gap so big. Especially early. I'm a pretty good team in II and I'm only making around 155M. They work so hard at this stuff and then they cripple it with the horrible system.

And I'm not just whining about my handball team. I'm one of the 1% in soccer. My team will crack 1B in revenue this season next week. And it'll crack 10B in total by the end of the season.

How can they think this is a good thing? How can there be any real competition? For the last 4-5 seasons, I've been competing with zomg & the now defunct High Headerz. That's it. There's been no one else really getting in the way except for myself. But that's because I'm a lazy.

I think they should get rid of sponsors all together. Of course I haven't thought this through at all, but why would I do that?

Old
04-26-2014, 12:52 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I think they should get rid of sponsors all together. Of course I haven't thought this through at all, but why would I do that?
Maybe have a flat sponsor rate like they did in season 1? Raise it a little bit every season to compensate for higher facility costs, then base most of the income from ticket sales and the transfer market.

Old
04-26-2014, 01:06 PM
idiroft

Quote:
Why didn't you sell him the minute you pulled him? You could have made a mint!

When I pulled I didn't really know how to play. I had the idea I could develop him

Old
04-26-2014, 01:49 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
When I pulled I didn't really know how to play. I had the idea I could develop him
You can develop decent players from the beginning, but you have to put everything into your training. Of course I believe that new teams should build their Arena first. So...yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Maybe have a flat sponsor rate like they did in season 1? Raise it a little bit every season to compensate for higher facility costs, then base most of the income from ticket sales and the transfer market.
Dude, that is exactly what I was thinking. I actually typed out something to the effect that the Arena should be the main source of income, but I scrapped it because I really didn't put any more thought into this than it took to type it the first time.

Old
04-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Bulls4ever

I do not like the gap at all. And this is a huge gap among teams that started at the same time For those that are starting now it will be very tough. they will have to wait for several teams to fold before they have a chance.

so Tujague will make 1B in soccer. that is more than i made in general for ALL seasons i've played!!!! they are SEVEN seasons. Over 2 real life years i made LESS than Tujague will make in one season.

I really hope more people jump on my claim that PPM must do something about it. And help coming up with ideas. I really want they to focus on this more on what they have been focusing : pro features.

Im sure that unless someone enjoys bulling on others, it should be boring for top teams too ...

Quote:
Yep. I've never understood why they make the gap so big. Especially early. I'm a pretty good team in II and I'm only making around 155M. They work so hard at this stuff and then they cripple it with the horrible system.

And I'm not just whining about my handball team. I'm one of the 1% in soccer. My team will crack 1B in revenue this season next week. And it'll crack 10B in total by the end of the season.

How can they think this is a good thing? How can there be any real competition? For the last 4-5 seasons, I've been competing with zomg & the now defunct High Headerz. That's it. There's been no one else really getting in the way except for myself. But that's because I'm a lazy.

Old
04-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Bulls4ever

not quiet 130M cause i will have a huge arena fees. Expecting 33M plus incidentals

so it is less than 100M if that makes it feel a bit better for you....

On the downside, I already started another 1000 triple level section... And should be able to continue upgrade my facilities as normal.

Quote:
Well..... Stayed up to see the 4*... ugggh LOL

Old
04-26-2014, 10:39 PM
tescosamoa

Does not make me feel better. But I am glad one of us is getting good coin to build an awesome international level team!

Old
04-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Bulls4ever

Im not ready yet to compete on international level but i do have plans to have all 7 major players on high OR and quality.

It is possible i sell two players to buy one better somewhere in the middle of the season. so Id have half team set.

Phelan and Salnykov will likely be in my team until they are FA at least. Next upgrade will be at Goalie or Pivot.

WasUp is building a super team and Mojo had some great luck this season pulling quality high OR players.
Beer and Pizza is known for investing on players and Asshai is doing amazing job working with the Market.

I think USA can have some quality teams able to compete internationally. Not to win it, but at least making playoffs.

Erratic has 3 players on NT because they are high quality. So i wont be surprised if they emerge as an international power.

Quote:
Does not make me feel better. But I am glad one of us is getting good coin to build an awesome international level team!

Old
04-26-2014, 11:31 PM
tujague

Quote:
so Tujague will make 1B in soccer. that is more than i made in general for ALL seasons i've played!!!! they are SEVEN seasons. Over 2 real life years i made LESS than Tujague will make in one season.
No. I'm not making 1B this season. I'm going to reach 1B this week. I'll make closer to 1.3B this season

Quote:
I really hope more people jump on my claim that PPM must do something about it. And help coming up with ideas. I really want they to focus on this more on what they have been focusing : pro features.
We've banged this drum before at HFB. I've gotten into quite a few scenarios with Obryantj and some others. We've gone back and forth with different ideas. We get canucks to pass ideas along to PPM. Nothing ever comes of it. vlady insists that there's nothing wrong.

My idea has always been that it should be hard to get to the top and even harder to stay there. But it's the opposite at PPM. They actually make it way too easy to stay on top.

Old
04-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Bulls4ever

yeah, after one private exchange a while ago (about 3 months) with Vlad i got the idea he wont change anything and he doesnt see anything is wrong.

I am making my last effort and then i will shut up and play as a regular Joe ... And when it gets too boring i just quit or play just the sport that is not boring at the moment.

if you are making 1.3B than it is more than my entire revenue over all my seasons!!!

that is exactly my point: i think it is fun to try to reach the top. and it has to be in a way that "anyone" could possible do. and them the one one top had to work damn hard to be in the top instead of just cruising...

Quote:
No. I'm not making 1B this season. I'm going to reach 1B this week. I'll make closer to 1.3B this season

We've banged this drum before at HFB. I've gotten into quite a few scenarios with Obryantj and some others. We've gone back and forth with different ideas. We get canucks to pass ideas along to PPM. Nothing ever comes of it. vlady insists that there's nothing wrong.

My idea has always been that it should be hard to get to the top and even harder to stay there. But it's the opposite at PPM. They actually make it way too easy to stay on top.

Old
04-27-2014, 03:09 AM
fakezomg

Quote:
I'm only at 830 million right now, I wonder where your extra 170 million is coming from?

Grisons United has come along to challenge us now though - if he keeps at it, us lazy managers will drop to 5th and 6th.

Old
04-27-2014, 03:25 AM
suprvilce

I just get the idea that the PPM is slowly dying. I mean, it's way too long-term game to draw in sufficient enough number of players to start now and stick around, and all their PRO-stuff they are adding is just to get the money from their exisiting playing base. With each new sport i get the feeling more and more teams from "older" sports like hockey will quit. Also it's not about what sport you want to play really, it's all exactly the same with all three sports so far, same arena-facilities-player-employees planning to build your team, just few attributes are different and the way you set lineup and tactics. And of course they won't change the money module, it makes sense for them. Most of PRO pack owners are top teams in their countries, not some III.x teams. They will do whatever they can to keep those top teams playing and happy even if it means serving them piles of cash on a silver plate. With the draft being every other week they are openly showing that, be PRO or gfto. I'd rather opt out and not participate in any draft, and instead pull from SA like now. I mean how is it for teams in Other world from countries where draft will be 3AM for some people, but no PPM keeps insisting "its just convenient to have PRO-pack, it won't give you any advantage". Like people will be lining up infront of their computers like it's World War III live season series preimere to draft players when the PPM staff feels like it.

Old
04-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Bulls4ever

I agree.
I play because i love statistics and management games. I played Championship Manager game since its 93 version. and is the game i play in the airplane when i travel ...

Before Handball I was playing soccer and started Hockey a bit later cause I thought the game was too slow for me. needed more action.

When handball started and I was finally able to start from season 1 as any other veteran I pretty much "quit" on hockey and my soccer team was left behind too with very little play.

when basketball starts, 4 sports will be too much specially since hockey died on me and soccer is dying.

so yeah, unless they make something quick to make soccer and hockey more interesting, or should i say competitive, I will be not playing them anymore.

so it would be basketball and handball.

And I learned that pro package is not really needed for training much, not at least until season 4. The only feature i miss is the ability to set multiple lines.

And i also have the same feeling that PPM desperately needs money. I just think they are trying to get from the wrong people (current hardcore players) they should first make the game interesting for new players and make they feel they need the pro.

hardcore players play everyday, they don't really need pro for draft.
People, like me, that know it wont make much difference if i show up to draft every other week since the money difference is huge wont pay for pro and wont care if miss draft.

Now, if there was a light in the end of tunnel and they change things that would allow me to be competitive and beat tujage (lol) id be instantly interested in either show up to draft OR pay for pro not only for the draft features but for others as training and lineup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I just get the idea that the PPM is slowly dying. I mean, it's way too long-term game to draw in sufficient enough number of players to start now and stick around, and all their PRO-stuff they are adding is just to get the money from their exisiting playing base. With each new sport i get the feeling more and more teams from "older" sports like hockey will quit. Also it's not about what sport you want to play really, it's all exactly the same with all three sports so far, same arena-facilities-player-employees planning to build your team, just few attributes are different and the way you set lineup and tactics. And of course they won't change the money module, it makes sense for them. Most of PRO pack owners are top teams in their countries, not some III.x teams. They will do whatever they can to keep those top teams playing and happy even if it means serving them piles of cash on a silver plate. With the draft being every other week they are openly showing that, be PRO or gfto. I'd rather opt out and not participate in any draft, and instead pull from SA like now. I mean how is it for teams in Other world from countries where draft will be 3AM for some people, but no PPM keeps insisting "its just convenient to have PRO-pack, it won't give you any advantage". Like people will be lining up infront of their computers like it's World War III live season series preimere to draft players when the PPM staff feels like it.

Old
04-27-2014, 07:56 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakezomg View Post
I'm only at 830 million right now, I wonder where your extra 170 million is coming from?

Grisons United has come along to challenge us now though - if he keeps at it, us lazy managers will drop to 5th and 6th.
When I said I'd get there this week, I meant this upcoming week. I made 81M this week. I'm at 941M on the season.
230M tickets
289M General
289M Media
38M Souvenir
37M VIP
40M Player Sale
18M Other
Where do we differ?

Grissons is doing very well. It's nice to see someone step into the High Headerz empty shoes.

Quote:
yeah, after one private exchange a while ago (about 3 months) with Vlad i got the idea he wont change anything and he doesnt see anything is wrong.

that is exactly my point: i think it is fun to try to reach the top. and it has to be in a way that "anyone" could possible do. and them the one one top had to work damn hard to be in the top instead of just cruising...
Yeah, I don't understand how they can't see this. When I was trying to fix the finances, I kept thinking about how much fun the game would be if there was some turnover at the top. Imagine having 8-10 teams with a legitimate shot at the title. And any season could produce a true underdog. And anyone who managed to win multiple titles in a row would actually need to be a good manager!

Success is now handed to anyone who gets lucky enough to have a good team in the beginning (and is a decent manager). Once you have early success, you are set up for a long time. My soccer team is the perfect example of this. I fluked into a I.1 title in season 2. I then bought two new starters in season 3, and maybe 2 more in season 4. And I did nothing to improve my team for the next 5-6 seasons. I coasted by on that one flukey title. But that title gave me more money than most other teams. That meant I had better facilities than most other teams. That meant my average players could be better than most other teams players. That meant that I was still somewhat successful. Which lead to more money, which lead to a completed Arena. Which lead to more money. Which lead to all the problems we had with hockey. I did nothing special, and that worked quite well for me until the end of season 9, I think. That's when I finally started buying players who could actually start and improve my team. So one early title gave me about 6 easy seasons.

I haven't gone through it since season 10 in hockey, but there was not a single team in any country who won a I.1 title that didn't start in season 1. I guess this is when we started trying to fix things? Anyway. Only a handful of teams won who didn't start on the first day. Most of those teams started in the first week. The 'newest' team to win a title in the first 10 seasons of hockey started 30 days into season 1. And this included Ireland, a league that didn't even exist until season 5 or 6(?).

10 seasons is 3 real actual years. I'm sure that's changed in the last few seasons, but that's still entirely too long for the early adopters to have a stranglehold.

Quote:
And I learned that pro package is not really needed for training much, not at least until season 4. The only feature i miss is the ability to set multiple lines.
You can still do this. At the bottom of your lineup page is a drop down menu. You can choose to load any lineup that you've used in the last seven days. It's not as convenient as the automatic lineup changes with the ProPack, but it's a good option. I used it all the time before I got a PP.

Closed Thread