HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XVI (Playoff Edition)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2014, 12:22 AM
  #301
MP92
BOLIEVE!!
 
MP92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Kings down 0-3 and are on the verge of being swept. Im lovin it

MP92 is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 12:23 AM
  #302
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,701
vCash: 50
LA is toast. I had a feeling the Sharks were going to get that OT winner. LA had all kinds of pressure and couldn't score. SJ gets one chance and its in the back of the net. seen it so many times.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 01:00 AM
  #303
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,483
vCash: 5500
Richards and Brown have gone from some kind of eternal struggle where only one man could stay, to winning the Cup, to possibly both being amnestied this summer. 2 years ago you couldn't find a contract they'd even consider doing that with. And Brown has a new deal that hasn't begun yet.


Kings ran into the matchup of death that they won the past 2 years. They are every bit legitimate, the Sharks just are as well. Kings would smoke any one of the Avalanche, Stars, or Wild, but it's not how it works.

GKJ is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 01:13 AM
  #304
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,835
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Richards and Brown have gone from some kind of eternal struggle where only one man could stay, to winning the Cup, to possibly both being amnestied this summer. 2 years ago you couldn't find a contract they'd even consider doing that with. And Brown has a new deal that hasn't begun yet.


Kings ran into the matchup of death that they won the past 2 years. They are every bit legitimate, the Sharks just are as well. Kings would smoke any one of the Avalanche, Stars, or Wild, but it's not how it works.
The Kings are also coming off two long playoff runs. That kind of thing adds up. They look like there's nothing in the tank.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
04-23-2014, 08:53 AM
  #305
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,774
vCash: 500
Don't know if it's been discussed but how in the hell did Marty St. Louis, the guy who abandoned his playoff caliber team mid-season, get nominated as a finalist for an award that is given “to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability”?

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 09:30 AM
  #306
SAINDON
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The First State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Marchand got hit on his left knee, but when he laying on the ice and skated off the ice he was favoring his right knee. Does this seem odd?

Edit - It looks like when he went down he tweaked his right knee a bit.


Last edited by SAINDON: 04-23-2014 at 10:17 AM.
SAINDON is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 09:35 AM
  #307
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Don't know if it's been discussed but how in the hell did Marty St. Louis, the guy who abandoned his playoff caliber team mid-season, get nominated as a finalist for an award that is given “to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability”?
Reputation, just like every other player

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 09:38 AM
  #308
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,112
vCash: 500
Somehow St Louis never got a reputation for trying to break Zhamnov's bare hand with his stick when Zhamnov's glove came off back in 2004.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 09:40 AM
  #309
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Somehow St Louis never got a reputation for trying to break Zhamnov's bare hand with his stick when Zhamnov's glove came off back in 2004.
"History is written by the victors."
-Winston Churchill

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:12 AM
  #310
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,774
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

Johnson, Palat, and MacKinnon are the finalists for the Calder Trophy.

MacKinnon in a landslide IMO but crazy that two finalists are from the same team, and Drouin didn't even play this year.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:20 AM
  #311
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,260
vCash: 500
Crazy how Tampa has done so well with Palat and Johnson. A very late draft pick and someone undrafted are 2 of the 3 finalists.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:22 AM
  #312
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Crazy how Tampa has done so well with Palat and Johnson. A very late draft pick and someone undrafted are 2 of the 3 finalists.
late draft picks are worthless I thought?
isn't that the line of thinking around here by some?

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:28 AM
  #313
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Richards and Brown have gone from some kind of eternal struggle where only one man could stay, to winning the Cup, to possibly both being amnestied this summer. 2 years ago you couldn't find a contract they'd even consider doing that with. And Brown has a new deal that hasn't begun yet.


Kings ran into the matchup of death that they won the past 2 years. They are every bit legitimate, the Sharks just are as well. Kings would smoke any one of the Avalanche, Stars, or Wild, but it's not how it works.
The concern with Richards was always how he would hold up in the long run given how he plays the game and the mileage. His offseason conditioning was also always an issue. Luckily the Flyers had the foresight for once to unload that contract....among other reasons.

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:45 AM
  #314
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,835
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
The concern with Richards was always how he would hold up in the long run given how he plays the game and the mileage. His offseason conditioning was also always an issue. Luckily the Flyers had the foresight for once to unload that contract....among other reasons.
To appease an idiotic and ravenous media? Because Homer had dug the team into a deep hole and needed to sacrifice two core players to build a ladder out with their bones?

Or...


Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:45 AM
  #315
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
To appease an idiotic and ravenous media?
dry island man. dry island.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:46 AM
  #316
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,835
vCash: 156
I'm going with aliens.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:52 AM
  #317
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
To appease an idiotic and ravenous media? Because Homer had dug the team into a deep hole and needed to sacrifice two core players to build a ladder out with their bones?

Or...

Mike Richards is in the Illuminati

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:53 AM
  #318
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 500
I came up with Aliens too....I can double check my work though if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Mike Richards is in the Illuminati
Mike Richards is Illuminati

Protest is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:59 AM
  #319
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post


Mike Richards is Illuminati
then I guess we are doomed.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:59 AM
  #320
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
Holmgren did not trade Richards because of the media. Our management team doesn't give two ***** about what Timmy p and clownchidi say. I don't know why that argument is still used.

Prongo is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
  #321
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,835
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Mike Richards is in the Illuminati
I thought he was Inebriati?


Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
04-23-2014, 12:06 PM
  #322
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,574
vCash: 50
Mike Richards is Capriottis

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 12:09 PM
  #323
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,285
vCash: 500
LA get old & beat up in a hurry, their backend isn't really anything to write home about not counting Doughty & Voynov. It's either old, slow, or not even good outside of those guys.

Their drafting really hasn't been that great now that they're not picking early anymore neither which probably doesn't help.

Of course Richards & Brown look like AHLers right now which doesn't help with a team that didn't a ton of offensive depth even at their peak.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 12:09 PM
  #324
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I thought he was Inebriati?

haha that is awesome.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 12:11 PM
  #325
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
LA get old & beat up in a hurry, their backend isn't really anything to write home about not counting Doughty & Voynov. It's either old, slow, or not even good outside of those guys.

Their drafting really hasn't been that great now that they're not picking early anymore neither which probably doesn't help.
they have drafted well of late. its just that many of their young kids like Toffoli and Pearson aren't ready for playoff hockey. Wish ADK had a team like Manchester.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.