HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #3 | Rangers at Flyers | Tue., Apr. 22, 2014 |8:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2014, 12:05 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I hate Philly sometimes.

Why would you sit Mason on Game 3 if he's 100%? He can steal a game. Emery can not.
He must not be 100% then...

Old
04-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I hate Philly sometimes.

Why would you sit Mason on Game 3 if he's 100%? He can steal a game. Emery can not.
I hate when Philly fans criticize the team for doing the right thing. If Mase was 100% he'd start.

Old
04-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Go For It

Mason out for game 3 via Comcast Sportsnet.

Philadelphia FlyersVerified account
‏@NHLFlyers
Mason announces he is out. Ray Emery will start in Game 3 on Tuesday with Cal Heeter as back up. #Flyers

Old
04-21-2014, 12:17 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

‏@NHLFlyers
Mason announces he is out. Ray Emery will start in Game 3 on Tuesday with Cal Heeter as back up. #Flyers
God damnit. We really need him

Old
04-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Insulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjim73 View Post
Will be driving up from DC (and back as I still have to work Wednesday) for this one. Got the facepaint ready. I believe I am 8-1 in the playoffs when I've shown up with the facepaint on (started it in 2010). WFC will be rocking for this one... CAN'T WAIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
I'll be at this game. Needless to say I'm quite excited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZUZU View Post
I will be at this one, hope they look as good as they did on Sunday.

Great pick with White Zombie, I saw them on that tour opening for Testament, had the crowd jumping.
I'll be there too. My first playoff game and I'm beyond excited.

Old
04-21-2014, 12:28 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Television: TSN2, CNBC, MSG, CSN-PH

Looks like the Philly game got bumped in favour of the BOS@DET. It's now tape delay at 10pm.

Old
04-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
I'll be there too. My first playoff game and I'm beyond excited.
Same here. I'm stoked

Old
04-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

‏@NHLFlyers
Mason has to be healthy for the back to back. If he's not, he can suck it up and remember it's the goddamned playoffs, his backup has been playing through clear pain.

04-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Mota

I dont think Mason is going to play at all this series. It really seems like he has a concussion (hence the inconsistency in how he feels). If that is the case, he is going to have to show multiple days of being symptom free before they even consider dressing him. I have a lot of confidence in Ray, but I would still feel a lot better if Mason were healthy and at least available.

On that note, is anyone else still infuriated by how Mason got hurt? It was such a dirtbag play by the Pens...and they got away with it. If that had been Lundqvist, Miller, Quick, etc...I feel like it would have gotten a lot more attention. Honestly at this point, I wanna get past the Rangers just so we have a shot to knock that ******* team out of the playoffs again!

Old
04-21-2014, 12:33 PM
MrMajestyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Mason has to be healthy for the back to back. If he's not, he can suck it up and remember it's the goddamned playoffs, his backup has been playing through clear pain.
Yup, when guys with probable concussions "suck it up" things always turn out well.

Old
04-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajestyk View Post
Yup, when guys with probable concussions "suck it up" things always turn out well.

...or it's whiplash, which isn't a concussion. If he has a concussion, he shouldn't be practicing for an hour.

Old
04-21-2014, 12:42 PM
MrMajestyk

Quote:
...or it's whiplash, which isn't a concussion. If he has a concussion, he shouldn't be practicing for an hour.
it's kind of what you do post concussion. It's kinda like, you know, a recovery and testing process, brah. But you are right, he should suck it up.

Old
04-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajestyk View Post
it's kind of what you do post concussion. It's kinda like, you know, a recovery and testing process, brah. But you are right, he should suck it up.

How do you know it's a concussion? What makes you so 100% confident of this, "brah?" (DAMN YOU'RE COOL).

You know what's a BAD testing process for a goalie with a concussion? Shooting pucks at him. If he's concussed he should be off the ice until symptoms are gone.

Old
04-21-2014, 01:03 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Not sure this is what I want to read from my starting goalie:

Mason: "The way Razor's playing, there's no hurry."
12:03pm - 21 Apr 14

WTF Steve???

Old
04-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I dont think Mason is going to play at all this series. It really seems like he has a concussion (hence the inconsistency in how he feels). If that is the case, he is going to have to show multiple days of being symptom free before they even consider dressing him. I have a lot of confidence in Ray, but I would still feel a lot better if Mason were healthy and at least available.

On that note, is anyone else still infuriated by how Mason got hurt? It was such a dirtbag play by the Pens...and they got away with it. If that had been Lundqvist, Miller, Quick, etc...I feel like it would have gotten a lot more attention. Honestly at this point, I wanna get past the Rangers just so we have a shot to knock that ******* team out of the playoffs again!
I'm not sure the Pens make it out of the 1st. They are a really poor playoff team.

Old
04-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post

WTF Steve???

Supporting his teammate? I hope?

Old
04-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Flyerfan4life

godam you Megna..

u best call the sheriff next season..

karmas coming for you

Old
04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:

Supporting his teammate? I hope?
I don't know, just sounds weak. It's not game 36 in January, there is urgency it's the damn playoffs tell me you wanna get back in there or something.

Old
04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Prongo
Beer

I like the confidence the team has behind Emery. Would I rather Mason be playing? Of course but right now it just doesn't seem possible. Hopefully he gets back sooner or later but we have to cope. He gave us a chance in both games and that's what you ask for from your back up goalie. Yes, his mobility is horrible but he is a warrior and mentally tough. He doesn't back down and his body language or attitude are never questioned. I won't say we would lose or win the series with Emery in net because we really don't know. People didn't think we would win one in New York with Mason let alone with Emery.

Our team battles and fights for every play and they give their best out there, that's all I ask for. They won't win every game or outplay the opponent every game because its not possible, we just need a team that believes in itself and it seems like that's what we have here.

Old
04-21-2014, 01:17 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
Television: TSN2, CNBC, MSG, CSN-PH

Looks like the Philly game got bumped in favour of the BOS@DET. It's now tape delay at 10pm.
on the tsn2 listings it looks like they are going to join game in progress after raptors game and show half hour 7:00-7:30.so 7:00 to end of game.WOW.no other games are affected.****

would much rather they showed whole game tape delayed.if im wrong about this(and i hope i am) please let me know.

Old
04-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post

WTF Steve???
Doesn't bother me at all. He knows his own body, and if he's not feeling right to play then of course Emery should get the start.

The last thing we need is Mason coming back too quickly and re-aggravating the injury.

Old
04-21-2014, 01:23 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Whoa, you can't be serious, man. Especially days after you just said this:

Quote:
Expecting a player to be dominant in the playoffs in his first two years isn't reasonable. Most players don't become playoff performers until 3-4 years in. Carter was injured 3 years in a row at around the time you would expect him to produce. When he's been healthy since then he's produced. Not a coincidence. This fanbase's expectations for Carter were insane. Guy never had a chance. Plays injured and doesn't produce? Choker, shouldn't be playing. Actually sits because of injury? Wuss, doesn't care enough, should be playing through it.
You can't possibly be saying Mason should just suck it up and play through an injury here when you used the same scenario to defend Carter.

At least with Carter, when he was playing hurt, we had 19 other guys on the bench who could pick up the slack. If Mason plays hurt and underperforms? We have no chance if that happens.

It sucks that he's not 100%, but even if it's just whiplash, that can have a substantial effect on a goalie's ability to react and make quick movements with his neck. That's especially crucial for goalies.

Old
04-21-2014, 01:25 PM
BernieParent

What concerns me is that Emery has been (allegedly) given the nod already for a game tomorrow evening. That augurs worse for Mason's condition than just lingering effects of a whiplash.

Old
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
He must not be 100% then...
If he isn't, then he isn't. I don't have a problem sitting him until he's all the way.

But there isn't a controversy when you have apples vs apples.

Mason is much better than Emery, stats show it, eye sight shows it.

Media desperately trying to drum up some sort of news worthy headlines.

Old
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post

im still infuriated and i agree with you 100%....classic pens m.o.-dirty as **** and get away with it scottfree.

Closed Thread