HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Van

Old
04-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Big Daddy Cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
You're starting to sound like isles fans. Thanks for caring so much about us.
called it

Big Daddy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:57 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Canuck View Post
How is Kesler not a need? Your center depth is horrible after Getzlaf you only have 3rd liners like Bonino and Perrault. We are happy to keep Kesler if we get low ball offers like these.
Would happily take Bonino as part of the trade that sends Kesler to the Ducks.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:06 AM
NoShowWilly

vCash: 123
how about we let Anaheim's and all these other contenders seasons play out. These conversations are going in circles. If the fans of these teams want Kesler, they can make the thread after their season is done.

NoShowWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShowWilly View Post
how about we let Anaheim's and all these other contenders seasons play out. These conversations are going in circles. If the fans of these teams want Kesler, they can make the thread after their season is done.
I've tried using that logic before. It doesn't fly on HF.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:30 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
the Ducks could sure use Kesler right now
Can he play as our #4 defenceman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Canuck View Post
How is Kesler not a need? Your center depth is horrible after Getzlaf you only have 3rd liners like Bonino and Perrault. We are happy to keep Kesler if we get low ball offers like these.
If you think these are low balls, you're going to be disappointed with what Kesler actually returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Would happily take Bonino as part of the trade that sends Kesler to the Ducks.
Yes, I'm sure you would. No chance it would happen, however.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
probably but he's more effective at center or wing.

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 04:00 AM
JohnHodgson

To ANH:
Kesler
36th overall pick

To VAN:
1st Round 2015
10th overall
Etem

JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 06:02 AM
turkulad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
To ANH:
Kesler
36th overall pick

To VAN:
1st Round 2015
10th overall
Etem
Go through one of the gazillion Kesler-to-Anaheim threads on this board and I'm sure this one has been addressed before by now.

turkulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What do you guys need? RHS?

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
What do you guys need? RHS?
That would be preferable.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:21 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkulad View Post
Go through one of the gazillion Kesler-to-Anaheim threads on this board and I'm sure this one has been addressed before by now.
Anything less would be a no go from Canucks. Really depends on how far Anaheim goes, if they get knocked off by the Stars, you have to expect some huge changes.

Old
04-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Anything less would be a no go from Canucks. Really depends on how far Anaheim goes, if they get knocked off by the Stars, you have to expect some huge changes.
I hate to disappoint you, but an early exit by ANA will not cause them to over pay for Kesler or anybody.

Old
04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
I hate to disappoint you, but an early exit by ANA will not cause them to over pay for Kesler or anybody.
that's what you hope but your GM might see it differently.

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
that's what you hope but your GM might see it differently.
I think I know our GM better than you do. But you might want to go have that conversation with some Isles fans.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Easton76

Kelser
36th overall

For

OTT 1st
Etem
Sorenson/Kerdiles

Basically trading our 2nd for a more developed 2nd round draft pick.

Easton76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 05:11 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
You're telling me if the number one seed gets knocked out by the last ranked team in all of playoffs, there won't be any significant changes?

Did I say ANA will overpay for Kesler? Please read before making hideous comments.

Old
04-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
You're telling me if the number one seed gets knocked out by the last ranked team in all of playoffs, there won't be any significant changes?

Did I say ANA will overpay for Kesler? Please read before making hideous comments.
This thread is about a proposed Kesler trade to ANA. If you want to talk about significant changes to the Ducks in the off season start a new thread. Yes, you absolutely do think if the Ducks lose in the first round they will be so desperate they will give in to any price you name for Kesler. That's your response to me telling you that you want too much.

BTW, you might want to double check the definition of hideous. I assure you there was nothing hideous about my comment.

Old
04-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Fraser Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That would be preferable.
Kesler
Tanev

For

Silfverberg
Ott 1st 2014
Ana 1st 2014
Theodore

??

Fraser Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Patchey*

Quote:
This thread is about a proposed Kesler trade to ANA. If you want to talk about significant changes to the Ducks in the off season start a new thread. Yes, you absolutely do think if the Ducks lose in the first round they will be so desperate they will give in to any price you name for Kesler. That's your response to me telling you that you want too much.

BTW, you might want to double check the definition of hideous. I assure you there was nothing hideous about my comment.
Obviously Anahiem wouldn't pay any price for Kesler. However if they lost in the first round due to missing Getzlaf they would want to address their Centre depth, no? As NoShowWilly has said I would prefer to discuss Kesler to Anahiem after the playoffs.

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 06:05 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:

Once again I never said, or even implied that. I do not think Anaheim will overpay for Kesler period, but they will be more inclined to get a deal done if they get knocked out in the first round, for anyone, not just Kesler. It was a general comment that is related to Kesler but not exclusively to Kesler.

Being more inclined to make a deal may mean upping the deal by a slight margin, enough for the Canucks to accept and move on, it however does not mean "they will be so desperate they will give in to any price you name for Kesler". It simply means the demand will be slightly higher, which means the price will be slightly higher. Simple economics.

Please stop stuffing words in my mouth, it just looks hideous.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:21 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecimatedHD View Post
Obviously Anahiem wouldn't pay any price for Kesler. However if they lost in the first round due to missing Getzlaf they would want to address their Centre depth, no? As NoShowWilly has said I would prefer to discuss Kesler to Anahiem after the playoffs.
Anaheim's problem isn't goalscoring.

Getzlaf-Perreault-Bonino-Koivu/Rakell is fine for center depth. I guess people think the center depth sucks because Perreault isn't a sexy name.

A center is a luxury, not a necessity.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecimatedHD View Post
With or without Getzlaf, and whether they win the cup or go out in the first round, the Ducks would have an interest in Kesler.

Quote:
Once again I never said, or even implied that. I do not think Anaheim will overpay for Kesler period, but they will be more inclined to get a deal done if they get knocked out in the first round, for anyone, not just Kesler. It was a general comment that is related to Kesler but not exclusively to Kesler.

Being more inclined to make a deal may mean upping the deal by a slight margin, enough for the Canucks to accept and move on, it however does not mean "they will be so desperate they will give in to any price you name for Kesler". It simply means the demand will be slightly higher, which means the price will be slightly higher. Simple economics.

Please stop stuffing words in my mouth, it just looks hideous.
This is hilarious (as opposed to hideous ). You just said it more clearly this time. You think the Ducks will pay more for Kelser if they go out in the first round. I told you they won't, that's over payment. Your playing semantics. It's not a game your good at. You should stop while your behind.

Old
04-25-2014, 02:15 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
With or without Getzlaf, and whether they win the cup or go out in the first round, the Ducks would have an interest in Kesler.

This is hilarious (as opposed to hideous ). You just said it more clearly this time. You think the Ducks will pay more for Kelser if they go out in the first round. I told you they won't, that's over payment. Your playing semantics. It's not a game your good at. You should stop while your behind.
I think the Ducks will pay more for Kesler, but not the aforementioned " Yes, you absolutely do think if the Ducks lose in the first round they will be so desperate they will give in to any price you name for Kesler. "

I'm not playing anything. Again, like I've repeated myself several times already, if by the slim chance the Ducks get knocked off in the first round, you have to expect significant changes to come. This may mean they will pay slightly more, just enough for Canucks to be able to send him off to Anaheim.

Paying slightly more and being so desperate that they will succumb to any price for Kesler is two very, very different things. You stuffed words in my mouth, and I called your ignorant self out. I believe I used hideous correctly as your comments were indeed horrific and terrifying. Implying significant changes = overpaying for Ryan Kesler makes you look very, very ignorant. Significant changes could be anything from coaching staff to management positions to trades or signings. You can go back to bed now.

Last edited by JohnHodgson: 04-25-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Old
04-25-2014, 02:40 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

If Anaheim were to overpay for any position based on a playoff knock out, it should/would be a youngish top 4 defenceman to be part of the core with Fowler and Lindholm.

If Vancouver turn round and want more from Anaheim, I hope Anaheim tells Vancouver to bugger off to be honest.

Old
04-25-2014, 03:47 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Some of the guys rumored to be looking for a move include E.Kane, Tavares and PK Subban. If the Canucks accept picks for Kesler they are out of the running for possible upgrades. They may prefer to move up in the draft, again much less possible without Kesler.

The offer from Anahiem predates the management team that will make the decisions now. Revisiting old offers is not useful and will not be viable after the season is over. New boss Popular Trev will not bask in the reflected glory of a stale offer made to his predecessor. He needs something flashy and new to wow the embittered in Vancouver.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote