HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Van

Old
04-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
Like Rakell and Ott 1st,

DSP is a good player but not the style of player we need.
Need a playmaker center , PMD, scoring wingers, all youth.

Rakell, Theodore, Ott 1st, for Kesler , 2nd 2014
That's a lot. I don't think you'll find many Duck fans okay with moving Theodore. Switch him to Vatanen?

Value wise that's pretty fair though.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Italian President

As much as I'd love to add Kesler. If we end up trading more than 1 of Vatanen, Etem or Rakell I'd be a lot less excited about the proposition. Silf and Theodore are 100% off the table, too much possible upside in Shea and Silf has real potential to be a great player in this league. I'd be more interested in Tanev or Garrison, personally.

Italian President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian President View Post
As much as I'd love to add Kesler. If we end up trading more than 1 of Vatanen, Etem or Rakell I'd be a lot less excited about the proposition. Silf and Theodore are 100% off the table, too much possible upside in Shea and Silf has real potential to be a great player in this league. I'd be more interested in Tanev or Garrison, personally.
Tanev is ours, and we NEED him to stay here.

As for Garrison, hypothetically, what did you have in mind?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Tanev is ours, and we NEED him to stay here.

As for Garrison, hypothetically, what did you have in mind?
NTC. Not worth talking about. I wouldnt really want him either. He isnt a top pairing guy and thats all we really need right now.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Italian President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
NTC. Not worth talking about. I wouldnt really want him either. He isnt a top pairing guy and thats all we really need right now.
We're not getting a top pairing guy. Not for the kind of price we're willing to sacrifice.

Italian President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
We're not getting a top pairing guy. Not for the kind of price we're willing to sacrifice.
Well, if you haven't noticed we have a glut of bottom pairing guys already. Garrison is absolutely not needed.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What's wrong with Perreault as #2 center? Guy is having a breakout season, 18-25-43 in 69 games in the regular season, 2-2-4 in 5 playoff games. Imagine playing him with a constant scoring winger, he'd be even better.

Center really isn't a big of a need as it's made out to be. Kesler would be nice, but he's a luxury at this point IMO.

If we want to add a winger (where I assume Kesler would play), I'd much rather go the FA route. Moulson, Iginla, Vrbata, Jokinen, Cammalleri etc. Plenty of options, and we definitely have the cap space to add at least one of them for the first time in a while - even after factoring in RFA renewals.
I love Matty, but he can be such a streaky guy, which isn't going to help if Getzlaf and Perry have an off game or get shut down during one of his cold streaks. I'd still love to have him, but to add a guy like Kesler is something else.

Realistically, if you're not obsessed with numbering the lines, you could put Kesler in Koivu's spot and call it that. I don't know if that's a great fit style-wise, but Kesler with Silfveberg and Cogliano brings enough offensive capability and some damn good defensive play. Then Matty can stick with Maroon and Teemu's replacement(Etem) and Bonino can roll with DSP and Palms. Or whatever.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
So we should trade assets for a #4 guy with a 4.6 mil cap hit for the next 4 years that might play on our bottom pairing?

Honestly.....

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Well, if you haven't noticed we have a glut of bottom pairing guys already. Garrison is absolutely not needed.
Yikes.

05-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 View Post
Yikes.
Don't worry. We also have some quality guys you can send Stoll and Brown after. Not that they need to be reminded.

Old
05-03-2014, 02:06 AM
skyo
CanucksCorner

Theodore is my main target, ST + 1st + winger for RK.

skyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:43 AM
turkulad

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyo View Post
Theodore is my main target, ST + 1st + winger for RK.
Sad for RK's winger then to just miss his center as he's going the other way, right?

If Vancouver still wants to compete after losing Kesler, they either need a prospect with potential to take over he LW spot (Etem?) or the C spot (Rakell) as well as one of the top UFA's to fill the other hole - Stastny or Cammalleri, essentially, since who would believe that Vanek comes here, right?. In that case Vatanen would make more sense than Theodore, too, as he could be given big PP minutes right away. The high pick is the long-term future piece in any of these deals IF Vancouver competes next year and I think the management is planning on doing that.

That's why Theodore, even if he's more valuable than Vatanen, wouldn't be a must on a deal. Forward prospect, Vatanen, pick still stands as the best fit.

turkulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 11:41 PM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

vCash: 1250
Not sure Kesler would've made a difference in Game 7 considering how poorly the Ducks played. But maybe if they had him it wouldn't have gotten to Game 7...

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 11:45 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

i think the kesler situation will be revisited.

anaheim has to exhaust all options to improve their top 2 lines.

we definitely need more "gamers" with big game experience

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

We need to stop focusing on Kesler. He may not even be available anymore since his main reason for wanting to leave was Torts.

Old
05-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Quote:
We need to stop focusing on Kesler. He may not even be available anymore since his main reason for wanting to leave was Torts.
Actually believe it or not it doesn't matter who you guys focus on- because you don't actually have any say in who the team pursues. What a weird comment to make.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
Actually believe it or not it doesn't matter who you guys focus on- because you don't actually have any say in who the team pursues. What a weird comment to make.
It's a discussion board. We will focus our discussion on whoever we want. This isn't an NHL GM only board. Get over yourself.

Old
05-17-2014, 01:58 AM
duckfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
Why do u think this is?

duckfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 02:33 AM
14s incisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
So we should trade assets for a #4 guy with a 4.6 mil cap hit for the next 4 years that might play on our bottom pairing?

Honestly.....
Depends which Garrison you'r talking about.

In 12/13, Garrison was absolutely a top-pairing guy. Great at both ends of the ice.

This season he had lapses defensively, but still put up decent offensive totals. Still easily a #3.

But the entire Canucks team played below their regular abilities this season.

Either way, he's unlikely to waive his NTC, so it doesn't really matter.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 03:33 AM
orcatown

Quote:
It's a discussion board. We will focus our discussion on whoever we want. This isn't an NHL GM only board. Get over yourself.
Exactly. Like maybe we should end all discussion and just shut down this site. Or make it discussion board for only GMs.

Obviously we are just advocating for our teams and there is zero harm in that.

Don't know how available Kesler is but he would have definitely helped against the Kings. Would have been your best shut down center.

Ducks are so steeped in prospects that they are going to hit a waiver situation soon. Just not enough room for everyone without putting some good younger players on waivers. Good reasons to think about using some of them to get immediate veteran help. May not be Kesler but if Ducks are looking at going all the way that's the type of player needed.

Kesler has got the cap friendly deal and that helps with getting everyone back.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 05:04 AM
DJOpus

I think the Canucks' direction will be set by the decision on how to handle Kesler.

If the team decides to keep Kesler it means that Canucks are going to try and re-tool and get back to being competitive. I would hope they try to sign Stastny/Vanek @ $7.5M to $8.5M a season and trade a defenseman for a potential high end forward (say Edler for Eriksson).

If the team decides to trade Kesler, I think the expectation from fans will be that the team is in for a rough ride as a result it would be find being an all futures deal. Maybe ANA 2015 1st + OTT 2014 1st + a solid prospect. Something good enough to make fans feel the team has really helped speed up its rebuild.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 05:08 AM
LVDucks238

vCash: 479
I wouldn't mind '15 1st, OTT 1st and one of Rakell/Karlsson/Theodore. I'm sure Murray would much rather trade picks than the young guys we already have.

Last edited by LVDucks238: 05-17-2014 at 05:19 AM.
LVDucks238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I think the Canucks' direction will be set by the decision on how to handle Kesler.

If the team decides to keep Kesler it means that Canucks are going to try and re-tool and get back to being competitive. I would hope they try to sign Stastny/Vanek @ $7.5M to $8.5M a season and trade a defenseman for a potential high end forward (say Edler for Eriksson).

If the team decides to trade Kesler, I think the expectation from fans will be that the team is in for a rough ride as a result it would be find being an all futures deal. Maybe ANA 2015 1st + OTT 2014 1st + a solid prospect. Something good enough to make fans feel the team has really helped speed up its rebuild.
Ewww thats a crazy price tag for those two. Thats Giroux type money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDucks238 View Post
I wouldn't mind '15 1st, OTT 1st and one of Rakell/Karlsson/Theodore. I'm sure Murray would much rather trade picks than the young guys we already have.
I'd do that, Rakell could probably step in next season if he was the guy coming back.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Etem, Vatanen, Ott 1st for Kesler

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Etem, Vatanen, Ott 1st for Kesler
Been said a bunch in this thread, your not going to get 3 grade A assets for Kesler. 2 and a smaller piece is the max that makes sense.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote