HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part X

Old
05-31-2014, 11:59 PM
dubidubidu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
This is the description for the jerseys with the Cup patch

Sounds like screen printed doesn't it? I hope they're like the other NHL.com jersey customizations though because I could get it stripped then. I had also called up the site on their number after I ordered to see if I could just get them blank but they said they had to be customized.
Yeah, sorry I meant screen printed like the cheap NFL jerseys where they just put ink directly on the jersey. These are screen printed onto a material and then that material is heat pressed onto the jersey. And after doing some quick googling I may be wrong about the Acetone. Looks like some people have gotten it to work. For $63 it's worth a shot..

dubidubidu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 12:41 AM
mrhockey193195

Bought myself a Lundqvist. As a novice jersey buyer, when you guys talk about these being screen printed instead of stitched, you're talking only about the customized nameplate and jersey numbers? Not the Rangers lettering on the front?

Also, should I be worried that I got a paypal email saying that my purchase was being processed ten hours ago, but don't have a confirmation from nhl.com?

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 12:48 AM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Bought myself a Lundqvist. As a novice jersey buyer, when you guys talk about these being screen printed instead of stitched, you're talking only about the customized nameplate and jersey numbers? Not the Rangers lettering on the front?

Also, should I be worried that I got a paypal email saying that my purchase was being processed ten hours ago, but don't have a confirmation from nhl.com?
Yea, I got my confirmation within the hour.

And yes, the Rangers logo will be stitched* on.

AHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:10 AM
ChOyBoY

Went a little crazy and ordered one large of every single big name player lol.

and then 2 for myself.

got an order confirmation for my smaller order..and usually with these price errors i paid for the next day shipping to hopefully just get it out sooner, was only an extra $15 for my whole order to be shipped next day

ChOyBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:23 AM
PBarrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post

Your situation sounds like mine. I got the paypal email but nothing from the NHL shop. I called customer service and read them the order number (I screen capped it after I completed my purchase) and he said it had officially gone through, just that shop.nhl.com was over loaded and not sending out confirmation emails. He said I could see an email in a day or two, but said I should see the jersey in the mail in about 2 weeks... I was also told this was a "promotion" not an error <_<

PBarrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 02:12 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOyBoY View Post
Went a little crazy and ordered one large of every single big name player lol.

and then 2 for myself.

got an order confirmation for my smaller order..and usually with these price errors i paid for the next day shipping to hopefully just get it out sooner, was only an extra $15 for my whole order to be shipped next day
Lol are you planning on reselling or keeping them?...what big names u got?

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 02:17 AM
AHB

I get the whole screen printing thing, but how could they do McD in all caps. That's not legitimate at all. If my jersey really comes without the lower cased C, I will certainly be selling it.

Old
06-01-2014, 05:34 AM
nyrmetros

How did I not hear about this yesterday???

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 08:44 AM
the zamboni

Just received the following email:

Quote:
We are emailing to let you know that unfortunately, there was a pricing error for the New York Rangers NHL jersey that you ordered on our website. Despite our best efforts, occasionally an item may appear on our website with an incorrect price and, in this case, a member of our staff mistakenly uploaded a product with the wrong price attached. This type of human error does not occur often, but we do apologize that it affected your order and are doing our best to make it right.

We will be honoring the pricing shown on our website for orders placed on a first-come, first-serve basis for the limited number of jerseys we have in stock. Those customers will receive a confirmation email when their order ships. For the remaining orders for which we do not have stock, we will be cancelling the order for a full refund, and in the cancellation confirmation email we will be providing $10 in promotional credit for the trouble.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that this mistake has caused and do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with your NHL gear.

Sincerely,
Customer Service at www.Shop.NHL.com
If you have additional questions, please visit our online Help Desk.
That's a load of crap. I better get my Zucc.

the zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 08:54 AM
NYR27

Quote:
Originally Posted by the zamboni View Post

Just got the same thing. Whoever doesn't get one should take to twitter/social media/ etc. Hell hath no fury like a scorned NYR fan

NYR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 09:15 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by the zamboni View Post

You'd think that they could do better than $10. They were still going to net profit on the $64 jersey, but there is no way I'm buying something now with only $10 off.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 09:18 AM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post
Just got the same thing. Whoever doesn't get one should take to twitter/social media/ etc. Hell hath no fury like a scorned NYR fan
Same here. It will be interesting to see how many of us actually get the jerseys.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 09:48 AM
gmerger37

Man I wavered on buying this yesterday morning...placed my order and get the confirmation from NHL.com...hoping for the best.

I also ordered a few other things from them, I wonder if the $10 can just be refunded on the other merch I bought.

gmerger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 09:54 AM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

What is the problem exactly? They are honoring the pricing for all that they have in stock. For items out of stock, they always cancel orders. The $10 credit is a bonus. What did anyone lose out of this exactly?

lhg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Poozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
What is the problem exactly? They are honoring the pricing for all that they have in stock. For items out of stock, they always cancel orders. The $10 credit is a bonus. What did anyone lose out of this exactly?
Yeah, I'd be slightly bummed to not get the jersey (because I am cheap), but I think they're response is entirely legit. Plus t-shirts are only ~20$, so half-price t-shirt!

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:32 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

I'm pissed I got the email too...I really want the personal jersey. I hope they send mine...should be interesting to see if they honor the people that bought like 10

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:45 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Any idea if the "in stock" refers to size or player? I got a L Hank and a XXL Hags. I think a lot if people have Hank already and Hags didn't seem to be a popular choice so if it's by player, I think I have a better chance than if it's by size only. Hoping for the best, but if it's canceled I'll use the credit towards something else I've been eyeing. Really want the jerseys though.

Also, I wonder how many people put some on eBay and have since pulled them due to this.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:02 PM
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.

funny, I didn't get that email from NHL.

I'm wondering, anyone know exactly when this broke out? I know as soon as I saw it on the boards, I bought within 15 minutes. Want to know if I have a good chance or not

highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:03 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
These jerseys are screen printed though, what could they mean by in-stock.

They make these as they're ordered. Outside of the main players like Hank, they usually don't have jerseys just sitting around.

Old
06-01-2014, 01:05 PM
gmerger37

They should limit it to 2 max per order. Im sick of these ******** buying 10-20 of each item just to flip on ebay. Its disgusting.

Old
06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
They should limit it to 2 max per order. Im sick of these ******** buying 10-20 of each item just to flip on ebay. Its disgusting.
Why is that disgusting? The NHL is probably making like a 60% profit on these even at $63 and they're a multi-billion dollar enterprise. What's disgusting is the fact they may not honor thesee when they'd still be making money on all the orders.

If I buy something at a garage sale for $3 and it's worth $500, I'm not going to give it away just because I got lucky.

And being honest, I'm one of those "********" that contemplated buying 10 Lundqvist jerseys to sell on Ebay. I didn't pull the trigger, but i certainly understand people that did.

Old
06-01-2014, 01:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
That's the right way to handle it. Nobody has the right to complain if their order of 99 jerseys doesn't go through. It's an accepted rule that online vendors are not required to fulfill orders due to pricing errors. Limiting the number (per order or address) while honoring the mistake would be good form.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:17 PM
gmerger37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Why is that disgusting? The NHL is probably making like a 60% profit on these even at $63 and they're a multi-billion dollar enterprise. What's disgusting is the fact they may not honor thesee when they'd still be making money on all the orders.

It's not disgusting at all. If I buy something at a garage sale for $3 and it's worth $500, I'm not going to give it away just because I got lucky.
Didn't realize shop.nhl.com was a garage sale. It's disgusting because there are people buying 10 hank jerseys so they can just flip them on ebay for $200. It's disgusting because in theory that screws over 9-10 real fans who couldn't get in on this deal and get a jersey at a great price because some people have to be greedy and selfish and only care about making $$$.

I could care less if the NHL is getting screwed because someone messed up and these jerseys went up for $63 but considering they are filling them first come first serve, that means someone who ordered 10 is taking up orders that could have went out to more fans. I guess I'm just crazy because I think this deal should go to benefit as many real fans who are always being gouged by NHL prices. It's disgusting because now instead of Joe Fan being gouged for a $200 jersey by the NHL, he is being gouged by some other lowlife.

Old
06-01-2014, 01:21 PM
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.

honestly wouldn't put it past NHL to cancel the larger orders.

highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:22 PM
AHB

Quote:
Didn't realize shop.nhl.com was a garage sale. It's disgusting because there are people buying 10 hank jerseys so they can just flip them on ebay for $200. It's disgusting because in theory that screws over 9-10 real fans who couldn't get in on this deal and get a jersey at a great price because some people have to be greedy and selfish and only care about making $$$.

I could care less if the NHL is getting screwed because someone messed up and these jerseys went up for $63 but considering they are filling them first come first serve, that means someone who ordered 10 is taking up orders that could have went out to more fans. I guess I'm just crazy because I think this deal should go to benefit as many real fans who are always being gouged by NHL prices. It's disgusting because now instead of Joe Fan being gouged for a $200 jersey by the NHL, he is being gouged by some other lowlife.
Yes, I'm a lowlife. I've spent over $100,000 on Rangers hockey **** the past ten years, including tickets, jerseys, etc. You can say I'm not a real fan but I've spent more then most people would ever imagine in their lifetimes.

The NHL has two options here IMO

1) Honor every order, since again, they're still making a profit on these. Which you don't seem to comprehend.

2) Don't honor the people who bought 100 of the item and honor everyone who orders 5 or less. Or like the above poster said, 2.

Again, you shouldn't have a problem with people trying to make money, you should have a problem with a billion dollar enterprise, that screwed up for practically an entire day and is now refusing to honor their mistake.

And yes, yesterday's error could be equated to a garage sale. No one willingly sells an item that's worth $1000 for $4, but the person who bought it isn't going to give it away either just because he got lucky.