HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2014, 05:35 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
So not a single person has gotten tracking information for their order of these reduced priced jerseys?

06-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Zuuuuc

Ordered my 63.33 jersey at 2:51pm EST on Saturday and just received the cancellation notice.

I was credited $76.28 USD despite the fact that the total came up to $92.11USD

Old
06-04-2014, 05:46 PM
poeman
To Win The One Ring

Dude call they ****ed up

Old
06-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Zuuuuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Dude call they ****ed up
I'd rather not be on the phone when the game starts lol. I'll call tomorrow while I'm "working"

Sorry to burst the bubble of those who ordered after 2:51...and if you did order after and still get a jersey, we're fighting lol

Old
06-04-2014, 05:59 PM
kw26

The status of mine changed from new to refunded sometime after 5 today still no refund email or anything from paypal. My order went thru at 2:15pm.

Old
06-04-2014, 08:10 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw26 View Post
The status of mine changed from new to refunded sometime after 5 today still no refund email or anything from paypal. My order went thru at 2:15pm.
I never received a formal cancellation email. I just saw it cancelled in my account.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:14 AM
LeetchisGod
All Hail The King

I just got my paypal refund for both jerseys.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

This whole thing was such a joke, we all know its not about inventory. They realized how much money they were losing, around 900k and said oh crap we need to come up with an excuse asap...OUT OF INVENTORY. And cancelled everyones orders. A freaking joke, 2 lockouts and they do this. Its stupid and the charge STILL wasnt taken off my card.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:30 AM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
This whole thing was such a joke, we all know its not about inventory. They realized how much money they were losing, around 900k and said oh crap we need to come up with an excuse asap...OUT OF INVENTORY. And cancelled everyones orders. A freaking joke, 2 lockouts and they do this. Its stupid and the charge STILL wasnt taken off my card.
It is stupid, and it is not losing money as opposed to maximizing profit. They still make money at $63. These jerseys are made of cheap material and produced in China and Indonesia. That fact is that most of the people who bought one at $63 would never spend $180. They did handle this very badly though. They should have allowed 1 jersey per address for all orders that went through before they corrected the price.

On one of the news casts they said that it was only up at that price for 3 hours, which is an out and out lie. I believe the issue was first noticed before 11AM, and they did not take the item down until after 6PM. THEY allowed it to stay up for over 7 hours.

Old
06-05-2014, 09:15 AM
rangerstown

Sorry to hear about this, all who ordered the jerseys. At least they could have given a discount coupon good for future purchases as a way to say sorry for this mess.

Old
06-05-2014, 11:40 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
It is stupid, and it is not losing money as opposed to maximizing profit. They still make money at $63. These jerseys are made of cheap material and produced in China and Indonesia. That fact is that most of the people who bought one at $63 would never spend $180. They did handle this very badly though. They should have allowed 1 jersey per address for all orders that went through before they corrected the price.

On one of the news casts they said that it was only up at that price for 3 hours, which is an out and out lie. I believe the issue was first noticed before 11AM, and they did not take the item down until after 6PM. THEY allowed it to stay up for over 7 hours.
Yup exactly. They didn't miss out on 900K of profits, because I'm sure the majority of the people who paid $63 for an ironed on jersey are not going to pay $200 for it. I'm in that boat. I bought them because they were cheap. There's no way I"m going to turn around and buy those jerseys for real. I only buy authentics as is and NEVER from the NHL store who overcharge significantly.

So realistically, they're missing out on the profits (no matter how slim) from the jerseys they sold (which rumor has it, was quite a few). Add on to that people who cancelled the other items they bought due to this.

Finally, there will certainly be people who now boycott buying anything from the NHL store because of their treatment on this issue.

Overall, it's just a bad move on their part. You're still making money, so honor the jerseys and swallow the pill.

Old
06-05-2014, 11:50 AM
LORENZO

There's a good chance the people who ordered 40+ jerseys are the problem, the nhl store know they would be for resale and would take even more business away from them.

Old
06-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Lindbergski
24ski

Send a message via AIM to Lindbergski Send a message via Yahoo to Lindbergski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
My order wasn't cancelled. I was one of the lucky ones I guess. I posted a page or two earlier with the email they sent me that they are honoring the price and will be sending my jersey out within the next 3 days.

Old
06-05-2014, 11:58 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Finally got the email saying my other order was cancelled yesterday.

Old
06-05-2014, 12:46 PM
district9
w/e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post

Exactly the point I made earlier. This is simple economics IMO, you're still making a profit, and when you consider how many people bought jerseys that would never in a million years spend the $200 on a premier (including myself) you're still going to bring in money. The people who won't buy at the normal price + people who will now boycott the NHL store mean a lot of lost money for the NHL at the end of the day.

Old
06-05-2014, 12:52 PM
BTW8892

Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via MSN to BTW8892
I still have yet to receive any sort of email that states whether my order is either being refunded or honored. I checked my order status yesterday afternoon, and I noticed that it had switched over to "Shipped" instead of "New".

I know some people have had the same outcome, but apparently they are still being refunded even though it is listed as "Shipped". This whole thing is such a stupid mess. I may just have to call them up and see what the deal is here.

They basically left me in the dark while still charging me. What a joke.

Old
06-05-2014, 12:57 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

My status changed to "refunded" without notification. However, they've only refunded one of three jerseys that I ordered.

Old
06-05-2014, 01:01 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Doing a live chat with them - I'll update if there's any news.

Old
06-05-2014, 01:06 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Malissa S.: I am sorry that your order was refunded and we were unable to fulfill the order.
Thomas Keller: Oh, i didn't get an e-mail or anything about the other 2 and my credit card doesn't reflect the 2nd refund yet. I'll keep an eye out for that.
Thomas Keller: There are a lot of disappointed people out there about this, FYI.
Malissa S.: Yes. They are very upset about us committing such a huge error.

Old
06-05-2014, 01:08 PM
poeman
To Win The One Ring

Dumbasses all of them...I would call them or contact them if you have received any notification on refund or anything

Old
06-05-2014, 01:19 PM
BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Doing a live chat with them - I'll update if there's any news.
Where did you find the live chat? I've been looking everywhere for one.

Old
06-05-2014, 01:21 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
Where did you find the live chat? I've been looking everywhere for one.
Click "contact customer service" and live chat is top right (below Vintage Hockey on menu bar).

Old
06-05-2014, 01:29 PM
BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Click "contact customer service" and live chat is top right (below Vintage Hockey on menu bar).
Awesome, thanks! I'm so used to looking along the bottom for a "Contact Us" button that I completely passed over it. I'm going to hop on there now and see what the deal with my order is.

Old
06-05-2014, 01:40 PM
GordonGecko

vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Exactly the point I made earlier. This is simple economics IMO, you're still making a profit, and when you consider how many people bought jerseys that would never in a million years spend the $200 on a premier (including myself) you're still going to bring in money. The people who won't buy at the normal price + people who will now boycott the NHL store mean a lot of lost money for the NHL at the end of the day.
The NHL isn't making any money on these, it costs them about $60 each from the supplier. Although most of the orders are from people that would never spend $200, many are from resellers who will unload to people who would. Not that the NHL shouldn't make good on their website price. If I were them I'd probably try to get one jersey to every person who ordered(ie 40 jersey guy gets 39 jerseys cancelled)

Old
06-05-2014, 01:44 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The NHL isn't making any money on these, it costs them about $60 each from the supplier. Although most of the orders are from people that would never spend $200, many are from resellers who will unload to people who would. Not that the NHL shouldn't make good on their website price. If I were them I'd probably try to get one jersey to every person who ordered(ie 40 jersey guy gets 39 jerseys cancelled)
im sorry, but i dont buy that these jerseys cost 60 bucks from the supplier. if that is really the case, then they need to find a new supplier because they could be making a much better margin on these

Closed Thread