HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 @ Philly (Emery to Start)

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2014, 08:41 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
What about putting Moore on Richards line and bring in Carcillo to go on the 4th line.

So something like this:

Nash - Stepan - St. Louis
Moore - Richards - Hagelin
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Carcillo - Boyle - Dorsett

Moore is a gamer and can play on that line, better than Boyle, Dorsett or Carcillo. Damn we need Kreider back.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:42 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP View Post
We also need to get in front of the net more
There is a reason that most of the Rangers shots are from the outside. In front of the net, is not what they do.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
He is not the savior, but Fast has been utterly invisible. A complete non-factor.
I enjoy how extreme this board can be when a discussion of the 12th and 13th forward turns into

"Oh, hes the savior now?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Old
04-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Capt McDonut
Tanner Glass=Sniper

Good sign? Whoopi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (166.1 KB, 30 views)

Old
04-22-2014, 08:46 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Richards needs to be moved back to wing. He can still soak up PP time, but he's useless 5v5. Bring in Miller for a game and see if he can hadle spot 3C duties.

Nash-Stepan-St.Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Richards-Miller-Hagelin
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Maybe switch St.Louis and Hagelin to give the Stepan line a puck hound.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:47 AM
jniklast

In theory it's quite easy: Our best players (McDonagh, Lundqvist, Nash) have to play at their best and we will win the series.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by G5 View Post
Just my opinion, but i'd prefer Fast in the lineup than any of the other healthy options on the roster (Carcillo, Miller).

Fast is intelligent, he doesn't hurt the team defensively, and he plays physical.

Carcillo, I'm afraid will cross the line and take stupid penalties at inopportune times.
I didn't notice Fast last game and he has looked extremely un impressive so far. Id rather Miller or Carcillo be in 10/10.

These are the playoffs. The whole "id rather Miller start over a guy who won't be here next year thing" is very naive. You put the player in who gives you the best chance to move on. Right now in my opinion that is Carcillo, then Miller, then Fast.

We are going to Philadelphia. They are going to be AMPED at home and things will get rough and dirty. If we are winning the game comfortably, you know the Flyers will resort to that garbage, WWE style of hockey they are so famous for. Id much rather be able to send Dorsett and Carcillo out there together.

04-22-2014, 08:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
Good sign? Whoopi
Looks like shes got a beat on everything so far...

Old
04-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
I expect better effort. However, the question remains are they willing to get their nose dirty when the Flyers stack at the blue line? They will need to chip the puck past the defense and go into corners.
Part of it is certainly winning battles along the boards, but we also need to create more situations where we have speed through the neutral zone with the puck, and force their defense to back up off the blue line.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
In theory it's quite easy: Our best players (McDonagh, Lundqvist, Nash) have to play at their best and we will win the series.
Yup. Applies to every team, really.

I'm not worried about McD or Lundqvist. It's Nash. Brings no intensity at all and, to me, it doesn't look like he's playing hard at all.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
I didn't notice Fast last game and he has looked extremely un impressive so far. Id rather Miller or Carcillo be in 10/10.
Should be mentioned that when JT Miller is 'noticed', it is sometimes because he's half a rink out of position and it leads to an odd-man rush for the other team. If Fast is not noticed that way, it's not a bad thing.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:54 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I enjoy how extreme this board can be when a discussion of the 12th and 13th forward turns into

"Oh, hes the savior now?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
Yeah, but difference in being a savior and adding anything more than zero.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Part of it is certainly winning battles along the boards, but we also need to create more situations where we have speed through the neutral zone with the puck, and force their defense to back up off the blue line.
I agree. Unfortunately, the player most suited to do that has also shied away. Nash has the size and speed to break the Flyers D. But he has been unwilling to play that way.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:57 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
What if their three best players play their best? It's not that easy.

Old
04-22-2014, 08:58 AM
NikC

Duguay said it the other day, rangers were too soft and didn't want to engage to a fault.

You cant resort to their stupidity, but you cant be too passive either. We let them dictate the play and well lose regardless.

It all comes down to execution and playing rangers hockey.if we match them with effort theyll eventually win out.

Make them regret Emeryville playing

Old
04-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Should be mentioned that when JT Miller is 'noticed', it is sometimes because he's half a rink out of position and it leads to an odd-man rush for the other team. If Fast is not noticed that way, it's not a bad thing.
While you do make a good point, during the playoffs you need all of your forwards to be engaged. I didn't see Fast engaged in much at all.

At this point I think the best decision would be to put Carcillo in. Fast only had 8:49 of ice time last game. If you only have Carcillo play 8 minutes, not much would change.

Side note: Klein only had 9:56 of ice time? I didn't think he played poorly. Maybe because we had 5-6 power plays?

Old
04-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
I agree. Unfortunately, the player most suited to do that has also shied away. Nash has the size and speed to break the Flyers D. But he has been unwilling to play that way.
Where is Scott Gomez when you need him?!?

Old
04-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Losing 2 out of 3 to Ray Emery would be unacceptable.

1 goal in 14 New York Rangers playoff games is unacceptable Rick Nash.

Fix it.

Old
04-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Carcillo has been nothing less than decent with the majority of his games being pretty good. Inserting him how with the Flyers propensity for stupid plays may pay dividends if he uses his head and skates away. Which he is totally capable of, the more players that irritate the Flyers by just being on the ice the better IMO. They're already annoyed by Zucc, Dorsett, etc and are letting them goad them a bit.

Keep the Flyers playing their game and reap the benefits on the PP.

Need to crash the net and get shots from everywhere + rebounds, worry about getting Emery moving while on the man advantage otherwise take what you're given.

Last edited by Barbara Underhill: 04-22-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old
04-22-2014, 09:11 AM
OverTheCap

Agree with some of the other posts... the net presence has been pretty poor for the most part, and that's how some goals need to be scored in the playoffs. Trying to execute the perfect passing play every time or taking unscreened wristers from the blue line is not going to work.

Old
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Agree with some of the other posts... the net presence has been pretty poor for the most part, and that's how some goals need to be scored in the playoffs. Trying to execute the perfect passing play every time or taking unscreened wristers from the blue line is not going to work.
Is this team skilled enough and willing enough to take advantage of what the Flyers will give them? I really think the "get Emery moving side to side with east/west passing" has run its course. The Flyers will continue to be cognizant of that and clog up the middle.

I know the team is now billed as a skilled/puck possession team but we need to see a willingness to muck it up too. Chip it deep, win a battle, get guys going to the net - take a rush when its there.

Old
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
rangers1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
its been non-existent, as has Emerys rebound control.

Old
04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Is this team skilled enough and willing enough to take advantage of what the Flyers will give them? I really think the "get Emery moving side to side with east/west passing" has run its course. The Flyers will continue to be cognizant of that and clog up the middle.

I know the team is now billed as a skilled/puck possession team but we need to see a willingness to muck it up too. Chip it deep, win a battle, get guys going to the net - take a rush when its there.
In the 2nd half of game 2 Emery was absolutely cheating on the cross ice pass but the Rangers failed to recognize.

Old
04-22-2014, 09:29 AM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Losing 2 out of 3 to Ray Emery would be unacceptable.

1 goal in 14 New York Rangers playoff games is unacceptable Rick Nash.

Fix it.
I'm sure I'm not the first to mention it but maybe he's damaged goods. He never engages and wins puck battles along the boards. What does he have 10 hits all year? I think some players have that many hits in one game. I'm not saying that's his game but with his size something can't be right. Or is pure laziness?

Old
04-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Aufheben
Global Moderator

vCash: 69
GDT up.

Closed Thread