HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Battlestar Galactica (The New Ones)

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2005, 01:50 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Battlestar Galactica (The New Ones)

I've managed to watch the 3 hour pilot and every single episode to date in 2 weeks.

What an amazing show. The character development is just fantastic, and like almost all other successful TV series really connects the audience (well me) to the characters (I think 24 does a good job of this, while Alias does not. I watch those 2 shows for differing reasons)

The 6-Baltar line is probably the most intriguing continuing plotline. What a brilliant piece of writing and acting by everybody involved.

I also hope Sharon's character redeems herself by "overcoming her programming" or whatever. It's a Sci-Fi cliche really, but I think Grace Park is a wonderful actress whom refreshes this tried-tested-and-true Sci-Fi device. Plus she's Asian and hot.

Making Starbuck a chick... I don't know. While the romantic tension between Apollo and Starbuck certainly didn't exist in the original, and Katie Sachoff does a good job of being Starbuck... I don't know. Maybe Starbuck could have been a guy and they could have made them gay or something. I don't know. I think it's getting in the way of the story.

The use of prophecies is also a tried-tested-and-true Sci-Fi plot device. I don't like it, because they're so damn easy to fulfill these days... but it moves the story along.

The series IMO also has great support characters. The chief is a cool guy, and Dee and Gaeta provide the necessary "Everyday Fleet Personell" that every space-going fleet needs. Cali (Played by Nikki Clyne) IMO is the hottest chick on the show, but that's just me.

One complaint I can see people having is there are TOO MANY PLOTLINES, too many intertwining relationships, and too many characters on the show.

Old
08-23-2005, 05:19 AM
E = CH²

I keep hearing about this show. Let's say I want to watch it, where do I begin. It seems a little confusing, just to make sure I got this right is it :

1. Pilots
2. Mini-series
3. Season 1
4. Season 2

?

Or is the mini-series the same thing as the season 1... ?

Old
08-23-2005, 10:42 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
I keep hearing about this show. Let's say I want to watch it, where do I begin. It seems a little confusing, just to make sure I got this right is it :

1. Pilots
2. Mini-series
3. Season 1
4. Season 2

?

Or is the mini-series the same thing as the season 1... ?
1. Pilot/Mini-Series
2. Season 1.
3. Season 2 (which is airing now)

It is a great show.

Old
08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
E = CH²

I rented the 3 hours pilot and watched the 1st episode of season one now. Pretty good.

Closed Thread