HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Name a Prospect on Another Team You'd Target this Summer

Old
04-23-2014, 09:28 PM
ZeroPT*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringstranger View Post
I just don't know how productive Krug would be not protected in Bostons defense.
`have you not see nthe defense we've acquire recently?

Myers
Zadorov
Ristolainen
Pysyk
Ehrhoff
McCabe

has the potential to be just as good as Boston's current defense.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
It's been mentioned before, but Kevin Hayes in Chicago's prospect stable may very well pursue free agency this summer. He's a big player with ability, something the Sabres could use in their stable. They have cash on hand and the possibility of NHL playing time as a lure.

04-23-2014, 09:38 PM
wayfaringstranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
`have you not see nthe defense we've acquire recently?

Myers
Zadorov
Ristolainen
Pysyk
Ehrhoff
McCabe

has the potential to be just as good as Boston's current defense.
I am well aware of our D depth. I just don't see Krug in the future plans or in the transiontion years as an offensive Dman. We are a terrible puck possession team at the moment. Krug strives off of the Ozone starts and PP. He would be considerably less effective in Buffalo now and in the next few years. On the flip side, Krug would help out the PP here in addition to contributing to the transition game.

wayfaringstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 09:41 PM
EichHart

Lol Drouin has 37 pts in 13 games in the playoffs. Absolutely Absurd.

EichHart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Workensons
doginthebathtub

Also any of Detroit's prospects (Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, is Nyquist still considered a prospect?). Mantha, Erne, Kucherov, Prince and Stone are some other names I like.

Ehrhoff for Jurco/Tatar is interesting. Were there any concrete rumors about Detroit liking Ehrhoff?

Workensons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 05:35 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
What is the general consensus on Wiercioch in Ottawa? I have seen his name in a lot HF trade proposals?
A work in progress.

This year looked like a step back compared to last year. Best way to put it is the Ottawa D were desperately searching for an answer all year, and he was a healthy scratch for 30 games.

His breakout passes are nice, but after that he does not use his size, his skating is good, but does not seem to utilize it to any advantage. That tired old saying, all the tools with no toolbox applies.

But he still finished third in Ottawa for D scoring despite 30 games sat in the press box. That says something. Ottawa is not likely to give up on him yet, unless there is something intriguing coming back. Look how many chances we gave Brian Lee and David Rundblad ......

ottawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:06 AM
Dunkster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
It's been mentioned before, but Kevin Hayes in Chicago's prospect stable may very well pursue free agency this summer. He's a big player with ability, something the Sabres could use in their stable. They have cash on hand and the possibility of NHL playing time as a lure.
This!!!
I am hoping this is a priority for TM!

Dunkster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:08 AM
Dunkster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girgenburger View Post
Also any of Detroit's prospects (Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, is Nyquist still considered a prospect?). Mantha, Erne, Kucherov, Prince and Stone are some other names I like.

Ehrhoff for Jurco/Tatar is interesting. Were there any concrete rumors about Detroit liking Ehrhoff?
I do not know about concrete but yes there was talk about Detroit having interest in Ehrhoff. Some nights prior to the trade deadline they had two scouts at some of our games.

Dunkster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:10 AM
IMLACHnME

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJimBob View Post
Who is this Nelson Brock kid? Never heard of him.

Seriously though, Isles fans talk about how Brock Nelson is the second coming and that he's untouchable.
If Nelson is still unavailable, I would happily accept Anders Lee as a consolation prize. My crystal ball tells me he's going to be a legitimate top-six forward, preferably in Buffalo. Of course, my ball has failed me before.

What do you figure the price would be for Lee?

IMLACHnME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Killorn would be like someone asking the Sabres for Girgensons. I just can't see him being available.
I've become pretty fond of the Lightning nucleus of young forwards. It's really impressive... well built/diverse/talented...and when you add Drouin to it... yikes.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 04:14 PM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 135
I'd love the following prospects on the Sens(no trade proposals, and in no particular order)

-Darnell Nurse: Him and Karlsson together would be sweet
-Bo Horvat: Good compliment to Lazar and could create a solid two way foundation.
-Hunter Shinkaruk: Skilled winger would could replace Milo.
-Emile Porier: a guy who can score and is hard to play against, has proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.
- Nikita Zadorov: Him and Cowen(if he can get his act together) would form a deadly shutdown role.

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 04:51 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
I'd love the following prospects on the Sens(no trade proposals, and in no particular order)

-Darnell Nurse: Him and Karlsson together would be sweet
-Bo Horvat: Good compliment to Lazar and could create a solid two way foundation.
-Hunter Shinkaruk: Skilled winger would could replace Milo.
-Emile Porier: a guy who can score and is hard to play against, has proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.
- Nikita Zadorov: Him and Cowen(if he can get his act together) would form a deadly shutdown role.
Horvat would be a good fit with what we're building but I can't see the Canucks moving him if Linden and his new GM intend on rebuilding. I like Poirier as well and though he's truculent as you say, it wouldn't shock me if Burke and his new GM move him.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 08:08 AM
TheCerebral1
Zero F***s Given

Tomas Jurco, Boone Jenner, Brock Nelson, Colton Sissons, Nick Shore, Cole Cassels to name a few. Tried to find a few outside the box. But they are still relatively known prospects.

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 12:08 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
F Freddie Hamilton - San Jose
May not still be considered a prospect, but Tomas Hertl, also in San Jose.

San Jose has great present and future center depth with Little Joe, Couture, and Hertl that I doubt they'd give him up to dilute a strength, but Hertl is good value with good upside, IMO. Appears to be OK after the intentional knee injury by Dustin Brown.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 10:13 AM
TheCerebral1
Zero F***s Given

Scott Laughton, Brandon Pirri (already traded once), Mike Matheson/Ian McCoshen (not a pure need, but I love these guys), Quinton Howden, Riley Barber, Alex Chiasson, Lazar (as others mentioned), Marko Dano.

Old
04-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank For Reinhart View Post
Ryan Strome
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLACHnME View Post
Love to have Ryan Strome, but would not target him. Sure, Snow is - somehow - still GM, and - seemingly - anything is possible with him in charge. Still, I think Strome is one of the two definite untouchables on Long Island.
Agreed - and some reports at the time of the Vanek trade suggested that the Sabres asked about Strome and were denied. He seems slated to be the # 2 center behind Tavares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
Mario Lucia, Riley Sheahan and Henrik Samuelsson are guys that I personally would look at.
I'd love to add Sheahan but he seems one of the Wings' prized prospects they want to build around as they get younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedCrook View Post
I'd go for Tampas Gudlevskis, maybe something around Ehrhoff at 50% salary for Gudy + a 1st pick.
Certainly an interesting option, given Murray's quotes about the Sabres' goaltending and Nolan's history / familiarity with Gudlevskis.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Adam Larsson
It seems he fell out of favor in NJ under Deboer - and with the coach just getting an extension, maybe Larsson is available. Adding him sure would make it even easier to deal Myers for help in scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girgenburger View Post
I'd go after Toffoli (obviously), Vey, Coyle, Granlund, Zucker.
If the reports out of LA about the Kings' possibly retooling their team if they get knocked out by Sharks are on target, and Richards/Brown/Carter would be more likely departures than the rest of their core, Toffoli would seem to be the heir for the # 2 center spot behind Kopitar.

I'd be shocked if Coyle and Granlund are going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
If the Stewart to Ottawa trade is still in the works, I'd like Murray to get Stone rather than the rumored target Shane Prince.
I wonder if Murray may target Zibanejad as one of those "young players who's got 1-2 years of NHL experience and may be ready to play a greater role on another team".

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 11:16 AM
wayfaringstranger

Off the radar, but I like Miikka Salomaki. Taken in the second round of the 2011 draft by the Preds out of Finland. 21 now, so a few years into his development. Put up a 20G, 30A campaign to lead the Milwaukee Admirals in points. The Preds aren't overloaded with F prospects but with Jankrok, Austin Watson, Colton Sissons, Filip Forsberg, Taylor Beck and Pontus Aberg...I would target Miikka.

elite prospects has this to say about him:
"A stocky winger who plays a solid two-way game. Salomäki can play a rough, physical game, sometimes too undisciplined, though."
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43419

wayfaringstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

Prospects are so hard to poach, just because of the potential. I could see Larsson being had but may be prohibitive.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 01:28 PM
TheCerebral1
Zero F***s Given

Quote:
Nice thought, he's played well in college.

Last edited by TheCerebral1: 04-27-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old
04-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Eichel
Chicago Buffaloes

Would Buffalo have any interest in Kucherov? Assuming that he's available

Eichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeBills View Post
Would Buffalo have any interest in Kucherov? Assuming that he's available
I'd hope so

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:46 PM
"Craigs on it"

Brett Connolly. I think he could end up being a Kyle Turris like steal.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote