HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For the First Time in Forever, we finally swept a team!!!

Old
04-24-2014, 08:32 AM
PricePkPatch*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeak View Post
I much, much prefer this new version.

Our scouting/coaching staff can focus on a single series and actually know which teams we will face next.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:44 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Agreed Price can and will clean up certain parts of his game.
The most crucial one being overplaying when his team mates start to panic in front of him.
Easier to fix overplaying than underplaying
I totally agree with that. It is something he doesn't do when on his A-game. Has to be fixed to have a chance against the Bruins, because they'll have plenty of sequences during which they'll pressurize Habs' d-men, and it could get ugly if Price slides everywhere on the ice.

I think most of the worried fans in that regard have bad memories. Price doesn't have a history of being able to adapt and fix things during the playoffs. But I think he has matured over the years, and having Waite will help him do do.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:44 AM
DAChampion

It makes sense for the league to promote rivalries.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:46 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I totally agree with that. It is something he doesn't do when on his A-game. Has to be fixed to have a chance against the Bruins, because they'll have plenty of sequences during which they'll pressurize Habs' d-men, and it could get ugly if Price slides everywhere on the ice.

I think most of the worried fans in that regard have bad memories. Price doesn't have a history of being able to adapt and fix things during the playoffs. But I think he has matured over the years, and having Waite will help him do do.
Price has to adjust when the team is having a sub-par game.
The team has to adjust when Price is having a sub-par game.

As long as either can genuinely step up and bail out the other side, we are going to be fine. Price cannot be at 100% all the time, and the team cannot always score 4GPG.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:10 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
You're right. It seems many here have hard time constructing observations and arguments, turning everything into criticism. I guess it is because the margin is thin (is that an expression in english?)

That said, I do believe many focus on Price because they have bad memories.

And I like your last observation. Yes he can be sharper, like other players. I guess it is good news, meaning Habs have swept their series while there is still room to play better!
You can believe it or not, but back in the 80s when the Oilers were winning all those cups, Grant Fuhr was the tender doing all the winning, he would win games 5-4, 6-3 etc. and initially people had a difficult time giving him any credit, but one of the most underrated stats of a goalie is their win column, despite their GAA or SV%, making saves at the right time, key saves to keep your team in it. making sure you don't get scored on short handed or right after your team scores these are all vital parts of a tenders repertoire as well. I agree Price has to pick it up, BUT 4 straight wins is awesome. The key saves were their, think back to game one in OT without those big saves the whole series could have been different.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:38 AM
PricePkPatch*

Marinaro said that Price is injured. He said it was "obvious" looking at Game 4.

I really did not see it. How about you?

Old
04-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Marinaro said that Price is injured. He said it was "obvious" looking at Game 4.

I really did not see it. How about you?
He looked fine to me. Only goal I could take issue with from his standpoint was the 2nd where he was out of position and Hedman used the bank shot off him and in.

He was solid in this series. Not as spectacular as in the regular season but that's mostly because his team didn't force him to be. We carried the play and were the better team.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Renaud Lavoie said that Price told him he had a cold on Game 4

Viggo Mortensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 09:47 AM
PricePkPatch*

You know what I liked the most about Game 4?

During the last Power play. If you looked at Subban's demeanor. You could just feel it. He WANTED this. He WANTED the team to win, and he wanted so badly to be able to make the difference.

There are these moments where you can feel Subban's hunger for victory, it's just awesome.